FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

Stop with the new coach already. What games have you been watching? We have no talent!!! That is why we lose...not coaching!!!!! We have no talent because Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to now that we have to go against all the warm weather, well financed schools in the ACC. In the corporate world, for positions hard to fill, HR recognizes that they will will haave to over pay and offer incentives to find any kind of hire...That is the position Syracuse is in right now, to get top talent of any kind...we are going to have to over pay...and we don't have the funds to do that right now...The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can all stop crying...and accept mediocrity, and low level football.
Well, let's say you are 100% correct. That still doesn't explain that the Head Coach doesn't understand the score during the game. You can't punt last week. You just can't. You can't call for a meaningless FG when you are down 21 pts. The messages to the team are clear. I quit. And it's not just those games. It's week in and week out. Are you saying that you think Dino is doing a good job under the conditions that he is working under? Because there was nothing good about his coaching over the last 3 weeks. Out talent is clearly lacking. His job to get better talent by the way. But so was his coaching in my opinion.

Why do we have to fall back? Duke didn't. We need to believe that we can do better. If this is our max and we believe that we are just cashing checks...and sadly I think the school is happy doing just that.
That's why it's perpetual blah

I'm not convinced Kent cares about the sports programs.

The board says they are and have committed a ton of money, but still need to commit more to catch up and be.on par with peer programs.

And John, who has raised a lot of money and does things we will never know about, has not had a lot of success with his big programs or how things have been handled under them.

If the school is serious, Dino would be told he will be done, this evening, depending on how season plays out.

They'll play out this year with him knowing what they expect for the rest of the year.

Well, let's say you are 100% correct. That still doesn't explain that the Head Coach doesn't understand the score during the game. You can't punt last week. You just can't. You can't call for a meaningless FG when you are down 21 pts. The messages to the team are clear. I quit. And it's not just those games. It's week in and week out. Are you saying that you think Dino is doing a good job under the conditions that he is working under? Because there was nothing good about his coaching over the last 3 weeks. Out talent is clearly lacking. His job to get better talent by the way. But so was his coaching in my opinion.
The scary thing is that Dino prides himself in game management

lets accept that as a fact, which I have no reason to suggest he lying.

why the eef did he even play then? Why didn’t you pull him at half when it was clear he didn’t have it?
Another great decision

Dino is being paid very well to build a system to counter our weaknesses and keep us competitive and go to bowls. His job is to recruit the kids needed to fit that system. His job is to coach them up to be better and competitive. His job is hire the staff to help him achieve that. His job is to instill confidence in his team and the community. His job is to manage the game and put his team in a place with a chance to win, no matter the opponents.

He is not doing that.

It's year 8.

Yelling he doesn't have the players or depth falls on him, not Scott anymore. It's his program for two full cycles now.

If I'm wrong tell me.

As CM Punk says - tell me when I'm telling lies.

I will probably be annoying for the next 2 hours by saying the same thing and being that guy, sorry in advance.

Time to move on with Dino is all I got. He did better then shafer, but it’s doen
I disagree.

He has done a good job.

He has had to contend with the same fundamental deficiencies that all SU Football coaches have had to confront for many years.

The talent level on the team has improved.

The coaching talent on the team has improved.

The football infrastructure is going to improve. It also seems that the program's ability to compete with NIL will improve.

And, the team has a good chance of winning seven to eight games this year and going bowling.

If anyone expected a different result at FSU today, he or she was dreaming. Losing to the No. 5 team in the country - an away game - is not grounds for dismissing a coaching staff.

Frankly, calling on Babers to be fired at this point in the season sounds like Brent Axe thinking.

The board says they are and have committed a ton of money, but still need to commit more to catch up and be.on par with peer programs.

And John, who has raised a lot of money and does things we will never know about, has not had a lot of success with his big programs or how things have been handled under them.

If the school is serious, Dino would be told he will be done, this evening, depending on how season plays out.

They'll play out this year with him knowing what they expect for the rest of the year.
Expectations were made very clear at the end of 2021. Make bowl games. 7-5 he stays. 5-7 he’s gone. 6-6 gray area. There is no use even debating it. There are 5 games left in the season and it will play out over the next 6 weeks. Jesus

Dino has 5 games to get it together whether you agree with it or not

Kent just okayed the firing of a Hall of Fame Basketball coach. Of course he cares about the sports programs. And no one with any business acumen would tell someone during the season that you are finished depending on how the season finishes. A Head Coach would have been told what was expected of him before the season started. The next conversation will be after the season is over. That discussion will be about whether the required results were met.

I disagree.

He has done a good job.

He has had to contend with the same fundamental deficiencies that all SU Football coaches have had to confront for many years.

The football infrastructure is going to improve. It also seems that the program's ability to compete with NIL will improve.

And, the team has a good chance of winning seven to eight games this year and go bowling.

If anyone expected a different result at FSU today, he or she was dreaming. Losing to the No. 5 team in the country - an away game - is not grounds for dismissing a coaching staff.

Frankly, calling on Babers to be fired at this point in the season sounds like Brent Axe

Lmaoooo

I am looking forward to the VT game which I’m attending.

We all knew this three game stretch was brutal not sure what the point of flipping out over it is. If we lose to VT and BC it’s time to panic.

Shrader might have ended the season spinning into that huge hit for no reason against Clemson though hard to tell if he’s toast or the competition was just very good since then.

Dino is being paid very well to build a system to counter our weaknesses and keep us competitive and go to bowls. His job is to recruit the kids needed to fit that system. His job is to coach them up to be better and competitive. His job is hire the staff to help him achieve that. His job is to instill confidence in his team and the community. His job is to manage the game and put his team in a place with a chance to win, no matter the opponents.

He is not doing that.

It's year 8.

Yelling he doesn't have the players or depth falls on him, not Scott anymore. It's his program for two full cycles now.

If I'm wrong tell me.

Extra point for the CM Punk reference!!

Stop with the new coach already. What games have you been watching? We have no talent!!! That is why we lose...not coaching!!!!! We have no talent because Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to now that we have to go against all the warm weather, well financed schools in the ACC. In the corporate world, for positions hard to fill, HR recognizes that they will will haave to over pay and offer incentives to find any kind of hire...That is the position Syracuse is in right now, to get top talent of any kind...we are going to have to over pay...and we don't have the funds to do that right now...The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can all stop crying...and accept mediocrity, and low level football.

Please tell us why other sports coaches at SU are able to recruit high quality players and why this only pertains to football. We have bad players because Dino is a bad recruiter and bad judge of talent. As to overpaying for a coach, what do you think we are doing now?

He is not doing that.

It's year 8.

If I'm wrong tell me.

First, I don't know why this post was in response to me. And as things go, I wouldn't be quoting C.M Punk about anything.

I disagree.

He has done a good job.

And, the team has a good chance of winning seven to eight games this year and go bowling.

Frankly, calling on Babers to be fired at this point in the season sounds like Brent Axe thinking.
7-8 games against garbage teams, sorry but that does nothing for me. I want to compete against average to good teams please.Losing is one thing , but not even being competitive is unacceptable

Expectations were made very clear at the end of 2021. Make bowl games. 7-5 he stays. 5-7 he’s gone. 6-6 gray area. There is no use even debating it. There are 5 games left in the season and it will play out over the next 6 weeks. Jesus

Dino has 5 games to get it together whether you agree with it or not
Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom