FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

For all of you who feel Babers should be retained at seasons end and that his salvation is a 7-5 or 6-6 record and a lower tier bowl, I just want to remind you that his teams at Syracuse have won more than two of the final six games only one time in seven years (2018). His 18-42 ACC record alone should get him fired.

To be fair on that question, we have never really recruited at that high quality level for football. Came close during P's reign but was still lacking overall. The base here just sucks. I am not defending Dino overall. Just that football recruiting has always been tough for Northeast schools not named Penn st. And even Penn st always seemed to lack top end speed all over the field like the southern schools had. Basketball, we have never really recruited with the top top schools but because there are so many top flight players in our region, we have done very well. What other programs at the school recruit at the top in national competitive sports? Lax, until recently was a regional sport. And as that has grown, our recruiting seems to have diminished.
That's a fair assessment and response

I know no one cares but down Gadsen Jones Pena isn’t a winning formula.

Still think the fg was terrible for morale.
This is hurting us very badly and people don’t understand that. It especially hurts when we are playing too tier programs. Also this was an unbelievably difficult 3 game stretch

It’s time to move on from Dino

I’m not expecting us to beat these teams, but look alive out there

But to have to coach throw up the white flag, in the third quarter?? And this isn’t the first time

I’m sick of it and it’s time for him to move on

How has the talent improved? Last year we were second to last in the ACC in alumni active in the NFL, and we are either last or dead last in recruiting for the majority of the years he's been here. Not sure how you can say the talent has improved. Willing to bet there isn't a meaningful Stat that backs up the assertion he's doing a good job. His class rankings, record or conf record certainly wont.
The thing about using NFL guys as an indictment, is that Dino has been here 8 years.

He should have more guys in the league, agreed.

We are going to win at least seven games. He's going to get extended. The school will act like they want to compete, and claim we are gaining momentum. ...and they will cash that big ACC check and sleep soundly.

If we were a baseball franchise and we've just played the Yankees, Dodgers and the Braves, what are we? The Twins? The Padres? The Royals?

He’s good, not great by any means. And FSU is very questionable in my opinion but, hey, they’re undefeated.
Big, physical teams will pound FSU in the running game.

We go 6-6 and get to a bowl he will be extended. That is a good job in the schools eyes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom