FSU vs The ACC | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

Yes, UVa: Alums are universally humble. Everyone knows this.
(Sarcasm alarm goes off)
They are humble when it comes to conference realignment. Their thinking goes: "Football is driving the realignment bus, not basketball, the other sports, or anything else. Right now, our football is less than satisfactory, therefore nobody would want us." (I'll concede your point on the other stuff.)

They are humble when it comes to conference realignment. Their thinking goes: "Football is driving the realignment bus, not basketball, the other sports, or anything else. Right now, our football is less than satisfactory, therefore nobody would want us." (I'll concede your point on the other stuff.)
Smug bastard.

The SEC just paid out $741M, which averages out to $51.2M for each of the 14 "schools".

What amazes me is the vile thrown at the ACC from fans across the country. These people on twitter, message boards, and YouTube know nothing in reality but seem to revel in the thought of the demise of the ACC.

Sesame Street Player GIF by INTO ACTION

What amazes me is the vile thrown at the ACC from fans across the country. These people on twitter, message boards, and YouTube know nothing in reality but seem to revel in the thought of the demise of the ACC.
The same people who cried about the Pac 12 (rightfully) are giddy over further consolidation. It makes no sense.

The same people who cried about the Pac 12 (rightfully) are giddy over further consolidation. It makes no sense.
For many, it is thinking that starts with their assumption that the Pac was near god because of the Rose Bowl while also thinking that the ACC has never played any good football ever. So if the original Rose Bowl league got destroyed, it only makes sense and is fair for the ACC to be destroyed too.

For many, it is thinking that starts with their assumption that the Pac was near god because of the Rose Bowl while also thinking that the ACC has never played any good football ever. So if the original Rose Bowl league got destroyed, it only makes sense and is fair for the ACC to be destroyed too.
Plus the Big12 fan boyz are a real insecure, salty bunch. They spread more realignment theories than anyone.

You never let facts get in the way of a good false narrative told over and over again until some people who don't bother to look into it themselves gradually believe the narrative.

Plus the Big12 fan boyz are a real insecure, salty bunch. They spread more realignment theories than anyone.
To add to your point, in my experience here in SEC/Big 12 territory, the Big 12 fans don’t weigh all evidence. They grasp at any straw of hope to fit their narrative while ignoring all other evidence that does not fully jive with their opinion.

Example: one blogger insists the ACC basically set the negotiated price to leave at about $150MM. He believes FSU is writing that check. Nothing else matters.

He misses the point that the ACC merely reiterated the ACC’s withdrawal fee as stated in the contract. He ignores ESPN’s rights as well as any other damages. He also missed the point that FSU has no money to withdraw nor buy back their rights. Then, he misses the fact that if the GOR may be readily broken, no GOR is worth the paper it is written on. He also misses the point that ESPN is making money on the ACC. Even if there is a contractual clause that ESPN can shut down the ACCN in 2027, ESPN must give notice, FSU would be better served waiting a couple years in lieu of paying out big money to jump a couple of years earlier. etc., etc., etc…

It is hard to take anything they say seriously. At least the SEC fans think they are great because they are the SEC, which is very shallow in logic but at least the SEC puts up and wins sometimes So there is at least a basis for their position.

Anyway, it is safe to say the farce runs strong in Big 12 fanbases.

{snip}

He misses the point that the ACC merely reiterated the ACC’s withdrawal fee as stated in the contract. He ignores ESPN’s rights as well as any other damages. He also missed the point that FSU has no money to withdraw nor buy back their rights. Then, he misses the fact that if the GOR may be readily broken, no GOR is worth the paper it is written on. He also misses the point that ESPN is making money on the ACC. Even if there is a contractual clause that ESPN can shut down the ACCN in 2027, ESPN must give notice, FSU would be better served waiting a couple years in lieu of paying out big money to jump a couple of years earlier. etc., etc., etc…

{snip}
If that's what he thinks then the Big XII (and every other conference for that matter) is in just as much trouble as the ACC. The Dud from WV during realignment was touting their GoR, as assuring the survival of the Big XII because the ACC didn't have one, and then suddenly said it was an dead weight that would drag the ACC down when everyone signed onto one.

You never let facts get in the way of a good false narrative told over and over again until some people who don't bother to look into it themselves gradually believe the narrative.
What fans narrative are you talking about?

They are that because they came to believe that the Big 8 was some super league that destroyed the SWC and took what it wanted. Therefore, the Big 12 is always going to be MAJOR in every sense.

The reality is that it was the SEC taking Arkansas that began the decline from which the SWC could never recover. And even then, the Big 8 could not do anything to the SWC. Texas got the Big 8 to dissolve itself at the same time the SWC dissolved itself, and then the brand new conference the Big XII was born. Soon the Big 12 is NOT, and never was, the Big 8 expanded. The Big 8 has dead as along as the SWC has. The Big XII is a new conference with 12 charter members. And now 5 of its most valuable charter members (Texas, OU, Nebraska, TAMU, and Missouri) are gone.

What fans narrative are you talking about?

Frank the Tank and the like.

Also, Being on Rivals years back it was amazing how a school could actually beat another and these "groupies" would still gang up and somehow convince others after X amount of time it didn't happen. The out of hand dismissal and perception over fact.

I still think back at the Big 10 and SEC fanboys laughing at the Big East because they said they had too many teams.

Frank the Tank and the like.

Also, Being on Rivals years back it was amazing how a school could actually beat another and these "groupies" would still gang up and somehow convince others after X amount of time it didn't happen. The out of hand dismissal and perception over fact.

I still think back at the Big 10 and SEC fanboys laughing at the Big East because they said they had too many teams.
Frank the Tank early on said that he thought the BT might well go beyond 16 members. He also was dead right in saying that all moves were based on TV drawing power for football- meaning basketball has no real value in the face of football and even a league having teams win football National Championships would not be safe if its football TV numbers were poor.

Are you confusing wins in games with value to the media because of fans who watch? I have never seen anybody convince anybody that a team that lost a game won it. But I have seen people, and done it myself, shown how winning means next to nothing in value to TV. It is one of those so obvious most people just take it for granted as having no meaning and so they may feel that anyone stressing the importance is doing something just plain wrong, false, a dirty trick to reinvent reality.

I assume your final sentence refers to when BE basketball had 16 members. I paid no attention then to any online attacks on that BE by anybody. I would suspect that both sets of fans might have done so because they were bothered by how much potential that basketball league had to place teams in Final Fours, Elite 8s, Sweet 16s, Top 10s and 25s. And unlike with BE football, BE basketball always had big TV numbers.

The Ex-Bevo conf is going to get a rude awakening when it comes to their tv ratings this year.

Nobody cares about the bullshit schools left behind.

I’m convinced the only people watching a Baylor v TT football game outside of each schools handful of fans, was the fans of T and O who were watching with an interest as to how it would effect their path to the conf title game and ultimate birth in the F4.

Now they have no reason to watch and rating will suffer.

The new b12 is dead on arrival. It’s lot is to battle the AAC as the 4th beat conference, except 1-3 are light years better.

Last edited:
Lawyer from NC opines about lawsuit. Rips FSU pretty good.

Great.find, TM. The copyright aspect is one I did not consider, I am no copyright attorney. This makes everything this board has discussed that much more sound in its analysis.

FSU is now likely at "Nail, meet coffin".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom