FSU vs The ACC | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

The SEC has always had competing schools in the same state, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and now Texas.
Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Mississippi State were all founding members of the SEC in 1932, as was Georgia Tech who left in 1964, and Tulane (LA) and Sewanee (TN) who both left in 1941. They were not "add-ons" going counter to a member's wishes like Texas was.

Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Mississippi State were all founding members of the SEC in 1932, as was Georgia Tech who left in 1964, and Tulane (LA) and Sewanee (TN) who both left in 1941. They were not "add-ons" going counter to a member's wishes like Texas was.
Most of the members wanted Texas just not Texas A&M which has zero pull in the SEC.

Are Wednesdays still "Pudding Night" at the facility you stay at? If not, people here need to cut you some slack.
We get pudding every night, with lots of skin too. Sucks to be you.

Reactions: 007
Are Wednesdays still "Pudding Night" at the facility you stay at? If not, people here need to cut you some slack.

We get pudding every night, with lots of skin too. Sucks to be you.

I have no idea what this is about...but I'm here for it! :cool:

What Happened Wow GIF by The Woody Show

ESPN and Fox are like old dinaosaurs right now. The NFL basically put a playoff game on a streaming network and said FU to fans and the Fans bought it up anyway,

The Future of Big time college football is not going to be tied to old leagues and old TV contracts, Its likely ESPN gets spun off from ABC and Disney and will have to stand on its own and maybe allows for Any agreements that were signed with them to be broken anyway.

Young people are fast movers and will only pay for what they want and will demand that from whatever Form future programming takes(bless there heart).

The infinity stones are being found and put together for big time football. Once the power is concentrated enough the haves and big boys are going to steam roll the have nots. Streaming networks are the way to the future but you have to have hat people want to watch and will pay for . If you dont think big and act big and most of all perform big you are gone. By performing i mean Eyes that watch and support you, people that come and pay money to watch you, people that are willing to put up money for you to have players that people want to watch. Its that simple its not a hard formula at all.

Nobody who pays for games gives a damn about AAU and academic identity, thats not what they are paying for . Big time college football is now a huge business no if ands or buts.

FSU as detestable as they are knows the path forward for them is playing games against Alabama and Michigan or USC, people will pay for that, They are not going to pay for games against Duke or Pitt or dare i say Syracuse in it last ten year form.

If they can break the GOR its another infinity stone for the high powers and a quicker way to push out the excess who cash check off the back of the big boys.

CousCuse where am I going to go? I'm a member here.
You have stated in the past that Clemson is looking into the costs involved in buying out their contract. I'm sure that behind the scenes that is still being analyzed. You guys are just being sly and letting FSU catch all the grief. CousCuse knows better.

ESPN and Fox are like old dinaosaurs right now. The NFL basically put a playoff game on a streaming network and said FU to fans and the Fans bought it up anyway,

The Future of Big time college football is not going to be tied to old leagues and old TV contracts, Its likely ESPN gets spun off from ABC and Disney and will have to stand on its own and maybe allows for Any agreements that were signed with them to be broken anyway.

Young people are fast movers and will only pay for what they want and will demand that from whatever Form future programming takes(bless there heart).

The infinity stones are being found and put together for big time football. Once the power is concentrated enough the haves and big boys are going to steam roll the have nots. Streaming networks are the way to the future but you have to have hat people want to watch and will pay for . If you dont think big and act big and most of all perform big you are gone. By performing i mean Eyes that watch and support you, people that come and pay money to watch you, people that are willing to put up money for you to have players that people want to watch. Its that simple its not a hard formula at all.

Nobody who pays for games gives a damn about AAU and academic identity, thats not what they are paying for . Big time college football is now a huge business no if ands or buts.

FSU as detestable as they are knows the path forward for them is playing games against Alabama and Michigan or USC, people will pay for that, They are not going to pay for games against Duke or Pitt or dare i say Syracuse in it last ten year form.

If they can break the GOR its another infinity stone for the high powers and a quicker way to push out the excess who cash check off the back of the big boys.
As all that stuff happens, I'll be watching a lot less sports. I suspect I won't be alone. I think there will be fewer eyeballs on college sports especially. Absolute college sports diehards will always tune in to whatever is considered the top. The bulk of the people that make up viewership and pack stadiums will find better things to do when their teams are irrelevant or too difficult to watch.

You have stated in the past that Clemson is looking into the costs involved in buying out their contract. I'm sure that behind the scenes that is still being analyzed. You guys are just being sly and letting FSU catch all the grief. CousCuse knows better.
They are but I'll still be here regardless of if Clemson leaves the ACC or not.

This model doesn't come close to producing a fraction of the current revenue. Streaming by all accounts will never equate to the current fixed model.
Just ask the phone companies how this ends.

Interesting item posted on our board.
I agree with the writer in that the B1G and SEC will keep the option to break off in their back pocket but prefer to stay as happy family with the remaining conferences. I think they realize that with the limited states represented, a Congressional investigation would be forthcoming. Unless there are sufficient schools to ensure one body of Congress can ignore or fly cover for the B1G/SEC, there is a significant and real threat to any break-away from the present format. Though 26 states are covered by the two conferences, several large and powerful states are not yet represented and they can cause significant issues. Further, several states that are covered will have to "kill off' little brother schools in the process. Thus, cooperation remains the better option as the landscape stands now. If the P2 conferences expand and include a few more states, the tipping point is crossed and the goals can be accomplished with far less issues.

I still think this is a bad idea as the long play will harm the lesser and mid-level P2 schools more than most realize. Further, the coverage of the lesser conferences can be covered by streaming or conference networks created by the conferences themselves will drive viewership down from the P2.

Just one fan's take.

I agree with the writer in that the B1G and SEC will keep the option to break off in their back pocket but prefer to stay as happy family with the remaining conferences. I think they realize that with the limited states represented, a Congressional investigation would be forthcoming. Unless there are sufficient schools to ensure one body of Congress can ignore or fly cover for the B1G/SEC, there is a significant and real threat to any break-away from the present format. Though 26 states are covered by the two conferences, several large and powerful states are not yet represented and they can cause significant issues. Further, several states that are covered will have to "kill off' little brother schools in the process. Thus, cooperation remains the better option as the landscape stands now. If the P2 conferences expand and include a few more states, the tipping point is crossed and the goals can be accomplished with far less issues.

I still think this is a bad idea as the long play will harm the lesser and mid-level P2 schools more than most realize. Further, the coverage of the lesser conferences can be covered by streaming or conference networks created by the conferences themselves will drive viewership down from the P2.

Just one fan's take.
And with 2 senators per state, they would be the ones to launch an investigation.
You can bet if they did the TV executives would be the first ones called.
They would have to open their books, emails, and other information before Congress.
It could get very messy for them, the SEC, Big, they don't want to have congressional oversight of their books.

Tulane left in 1966.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom