Fun off-season question for everyone.. | Syracusefan.com

Fun off-season question for everyone..

Eric15

Living Legend
I got asked this question at RFD before the SU/Indiana game and thought it was fun.

What is the percentage breakdown of your sports fandom? Meaning, out of 100 percentage points, how much would you allocate to each of your favorite teams based on how much you care about them and how much of your time/money you put into supporting them?

Mine is extremely boring... 50% SU basketball, 50% SU football. I literally care about nothing else.

But I'm guessing other people have much more interesting ones... e.g.
30% SU hoops
25% SU football
20% Giants
10% Yankees
5% Knicks
etc. etc.

What's yours?

50% my kid's lacrosse or basketball teams
40% SU hoops
10% Red Sox

Financially all my money goes to my kid's pursuits.

This is a fun question, I've thought about this before. I think it changes over time because if the teams you root for are in a huge down cycle, you start to "care" less about them, whereas you may be consumed with a team that is in the middle of a multi-year run of success. That being said, my general answer is probably:

SU Hoops - 44%
Mets - 35%
Jets - 20%
SU FB - 1%

Oh wow, what a great question. Mine has to be:

40% Dallas Cowboys(Ya ya ya get off me GMen fans)
35% SU Hoops
15% SU Football
10% Knicks Basketball(Just started paying attention right after the Chandler acquisition/'Melo trade/Linsanity.. I won't lie I got caught in the Linsanity craze...)

I'm not a full fledged Knicks fan because I'm still not really an NBA fan, didn't even start paying attention to NBA till Lebron went to Miami. Then I just rooted for whoever was against them... And Tyson Chandler was my favorite player from the Mavs championship team.

I got asked this question at RFD before the SU/Indiana game and thought it was fun.

What is the percentage breakdown of your sports fandom? Meaning, out of 100 percentage points, how much would you allocate to each of your favorite teams based on how much you care about them and how much of your time/money you put into supporting them?

Mine is extremely boring... 50% SU basketball, 50% SU football. I literally care about nothing else.

But I'm guessing other people have much more interesting ones... e.g.
30% SU hoops
25% SU football
20% Giants
10% Yankees
5% Knicks
etc. etc.

What's yours?

This is a good question. I care about all of my teams 100%. I dont love the Giants or Yankees any less or more than I love Syracuse athletics or golf. I associate them in the same context as to if someone asks you which kid you love more which everyone answers I love all my kids the same. With that said

SU Football/NY Giants Football - August through January live and die with these teams. Usually make one road trip to an away football game and make one Giants home game each season. Season tickets for football.

SU Basketball - October through April I live and die with them. Season tickets for basketball and attend either the BET or NCAA games every year. (or both)

NY Yankees Baseball - once college hoops is over its baseball every night in the summer. Attend a Yankeee game or two every year.

Golf (playing and watching) - my true passion is golf. Well over 100 rounds a year, annual golf trip with the boys, play competitively locally, play in every club event that my club offers, watch golf every week and spend a stuffload of money on golf every year. I'd rather my car burn or get stolen than my golf bag. I refuse to do anything like play pick up hoops or any other recreational contact sport for fear of tearing an ACL which would mean I would miss golf season. I literally walk on eggshells from April through October.

I do love Syracuse Lacrosse but I wouldnt say I was as passionate about the lax team as I am the football/hoops team. I do try to get to at least one game a year.

Also an Islanders fan and will root for the Knicks to do well.

This is a good question. I care about all of my teams 100%. I dont love the Giants or Yankees any less or more than I love Syracuse athletics or golf. I associate them in the same context as to if someone asks you which kid you love more which everyone answers I love all my kids the same. With that said

Marsh, because you're a living legend, I will let it slide that you're working outside the scope of basic mathematics.

Marsh, because you're a living legend, I will let it slide that you're working outside the scope of basic mathematics.

Ha...those titles kill me.

I cant give a percentage man because I love all my teams equally. Growing up (other than normal go to church religion) there were 3 religions in my house (and my bro who posts on this site can vouch).

Syracuse Athletics
NY Giants Football
NY Yankees Baseball

No one is more important than the other and you live and die with each team.

45 % SU basketball
20 % LSU basketball
15 % LSU football
5 % Saints
5 % LSU baseball
5 % SU football
5% Bills

70% SU bball
15% SU fball
15% Carmelo (Knicks by extension)

I don't really have a pro football team, nor do I care much for baseball until the postseason. I usually just cheer for my dad's teams (Jets, Reds) and the Yankees.

20% SU Football
20% SU Basketball
20% SU Lacrosse
15% NY Yankees
15% NY Giants
10% NY Knicks

At least that's what my closet looks like.

Great Question!

35% SU Football
30% SU Basketball
15% New England Patriots
10% Boston Celtics
10% Boston Redsox

I'm almost with Marsh, I go 100% for each season, but if I had to break it down based i guess it would be:

45% SU hoops
20% Giants
20% SU football
15% Yankees
10% SU Lax

I live and breath Giants football, but I spend way more time following SU hoops.

as far as teams goes, it's:
98% SU basketball
1.9% NY Mets

for sports in general, I'd say:
60% college hoops
30% NBA (I don't have a favorite pro team, but I love the game)
9% MLB
1% miscellaneous

This is all quite different from what I would have answered 5 years ago.

I'm almost with Marsh, I go 100% for each season, but if I had to break it down based i guess it would be:

45% SU hoops
20% Giants
20% SU football
15% Yankees
10% SU Lax

I live and breath Giants football, but I spend way more time following SU hoops.

Man we really need to drink and watch sports together at some point

Great question!
Cuse Bball 60%
NY Giants 15%
Yanks 10%
Knicks 10%
Cuse football 3%
Islanders 2%

If you count participation, snowboarding and my son's soccer and Tae Kwon Do:
Cuse Bball 60%
Participating in sports 15%
NY Giants 6%
Yanks 6%
Knicks 6%
Cuse football 4%
Islanders 3%

Man we really need to drink and watch sports together at some point

I'll keep a bar stool open at the Red Fox. You going to the Maui tourny? Wife gave me a green light.

25.1% Syracuse Basketball
24.9% US Soccer (though, I'd take a World Cup over any other title)
15% SU FBall
15% NY Giants
20% is a random mix of Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, RBNY, SU Lax, and just the slightest touch of LSU football, because I have a good friend who went there, so I follow them as my second NCAA FBall team.

Teams I support:

87% SU basketball
7% Germany football
3% LA Lakers
3% Italy football

Sports breakdown:

50% NCAA basketball
25% Football (World Cup, EUFA)
10% NBA
10% MMA
5% Tennis

15% SU Hoops
15% SU Gridiron
15% Eagles (my weird one... oddly not a McNabb thing either)
15% Cubs
15% Bulls
10% US Soccer
5% Blackhawks
5% Jon 'Bones' Jones
5% Misc.

too many? maybe. Eagles and Cubs used to be higher, Bulls lower.

I'll keep a bar stool open at the Red Fox. You going to the Maui tourny? Wife gave me a green light.

My wife would give me the Stop sign and put up a construction sign.

thats freakin tough. i always say if only one of my teams could win a championship id pick the mets, so they gotta be #1

25% mets
22% cuse hoops
22% ny rangers
20% dolphins
11% lakers

50% SU BBall
20% Mets
16% SU FBall
14% Dallas Cowboys.

Mets had always been my favorite of my favorite teams, but that has changed over the years, especially since I started getting season tickets to BBall and FBall. FBall was really on my radar screen before I got tickets...but nothing compares to SU BBall.

When SU BBall loses, I feel ill for a little while. It really hurts. I don't get that feeling when my other teams lose. It probably should be higher than 50%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom