FYI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FYI

It's not so much as they cornered anything. I was just pointing out why Kansas coming in on top of 'Cuse and Kentucky at the last second would not make sense. Kansas is too similar to both schools. Those two things, however, are what GT offers and that 'Cuse and UK do not.
No, I wasnt say anything about what you said. It is being rumored that Gtown is selling themselves as such.

Not sure if they actually cornered anything yet. I was just pointing out why Kansas coming in on top of 'Cuse and Kentucky at the last second would not make sense. Kansas is too similar to both schools. Those two things, however, are what GT offers and that 'Cuse and UK do not.

Thats my point tho, you need to be around from the beginning in these high level recruitments to have a shot, thats why cuse being around the longest is very important imo

No, I wasnt say anything about what you said. It is being rumored that Gtown is selling themselves as such.

Yeah the recruiting forums keep mentioning that this has been their main pitch nowadays, and not just to NN. Funny considering they are a pretty elitist white school.

Kansas doesn't have a black coach and it's not a Catholic school. If that's important to his mom it is what it is.

The fact that he never went to single GT game and if they manage to land him, that would be almost unheard of in the top 1-5 player recruiting history. I can't think of another recent case. I think it would have actually hurt them if he saw one their games. His other big visits were a packed Rupp Arena and a 30K crowd at the Carrier Dome. If he listened to JT3 that GT is "similar" he's dead wrong, but would can you do.

G'Town's new recruiting strategy: Recruits are NOT allowed to attend G'town home games.

For once I do have to say, well played, Hoyas.

I find it hard to believe he wants to go to Georgetown. They have no home arena, practice facility or fan base.
Do you mean that there is no Patrick Ewing Center at Georgetown?:noidea:

Sucks bc in my mind we outrecruited all of the teams, most visits, best and longest relationships with the staff, good friend playing pg but thats recruiting sometimes it makes no sense at all and its bizarre how we fell of the map completely, no mentions of hop or jimmy or just one media outlet saying we have a shot, strange

Having MCW on our team could be a negative as well in his mom's eyes.

Sucks bc in my mind we outrecruited all of the teams, most visits, best and longest relationships with the staff, good friend playing pg but thats recruiting sometimes it makes no sense at all and its bizarre how we fell of the map completely, no mentions of hop or jimmy or just one media outlet saying we have a shot, strange
You're right on here. I have to believe that all the media over hyping of the reported "scandals"had a big impact on Dorcina and really killed our chances overshadowing all our other positives. She was probably very against his going to SU and he couldn't change her mind and went to his 2nd option.

Care to explain that "logic" right there?

His main goal is to go to school and focus on playing basketball so he can enter the NBA draft next year. Not to hangout with friends and party and be distracted.

His main goal is to go to school and focus on playing basketball so he can enter the NBA draft next year. Not to hangout with friends and party and be distracted.
I would think the opposite. If anything, having MCW around would help ease the transition to a new, high-pressured environment. A peer that can give him first-hand experience as to what to expect and how to become better acclimated to the program.

If NN goes to Georgetown then I can see him regretting his decision come next season.

Doesn't matter who made the best pitch. If he goes GT, Mom thinks JB lacks institutional control. You can safely assume that everyone made their best pitch.

so NN ...the possible future BMOC at Georgetown...wont make a single friend that he can party with if he goes there but Syracuse gets a downgrade because he has one built in friend that he can hang with?

Me thinks a bit of gamesmanship might be going on here by Jake.

You obviously havent met Nate "the tank" Lubick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom