Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Well said!

All the people already crying overpay are ridiculous. Who says the price is at $1M for Moore anyway? All conjecture at this point. I'd be thrilled for Syracuse to land this commitment and every other fan should be too.
I don’t think people are not happy with the commitment, I think it’s more the implication for player monetary expectations going forward

Last edited:
In my opinion this NIL deal would be fantastic. This is kind of like an insurance policy. Say for instance JB decides to hang them up after this season. Already having an NIL deal in place would make it less likely he would decommit and go somewhere else.

Well said!

All the people already crying overpay are ridiculous. Who says the price is at $1M for Moore anyway? All conjecture at this point. I'd be thrilled for Syracuse to land this commitment and every other fan should be too.
Who’s to say what the market is? Anyone commenting what’s too much or too little ought to be quiet. It’s not your money!!!!

Last edited:
Well said!

Exactly. No one, not Adam, not my articles, etc., have said that Adam is offering $1M to Moore. I actually talked to Adam about that this morning. :)

Exactly. No one, not Adam, not my articles, etc., have said that Adam is offering $1M to Moore. I actually talked to Adam about that this morning. :)
I would prefer to get players like Moore. I think he will end up in the top 50. If we can get multiple top 50-75 players every class, we'll be very competitive. Next in line, Damarius Owens.

I'm guessing if Adam is offering his NIL money to a 4-star, that means JB whispered that he believes Choppa should be a 5-star and is underrated. Still surprising though just based on expectations.
I can't get into specifics just yet, per Adam's request, but I'll just say that it's certainly possible Adam could end up offering NIL deals to more than one HS recruit in a given class. More to come soon.

I can't get into specifics just yet, per Adam's request, but I'll just say that it's certainly possible Adam could end up offering NIL deals to more than one HS recruit in a given class. More to come soon.
I'm glad to hear that. Not that anyone has the right to tell a person what to do with their money, but in my opinion his money is well-spent either locking up a Top 10 kid superstar like Melo, or, if no one is available in a class, spreading it out and getting a few high 4 stars or using it to retain a couple of our best current players.

So, just for the sake of discussion, high profile kids probably have comparable $$ on the table from other programs. Is there an information pipeline that keeps Adam W updated on competitive offers (which can only be speculative in all probability, and perhaps based solely on the kids input to Adam).

Separately, the world of college athletic recruiting and the NIL is truly a "pay-for-play" scenario. Whether that is a positive or negative situation is certainly up for discussion.

So, just for the sake of discussion, high profile kids probably have comparable $$ on the table from other programs. Is there an information pipeline that keeps Adam W updated on competitive offers (which can only be speculative in all probability, and perhaps based solely on the kids input to Adam).

Separately, the world of college athletic recruiting and the NIL is truly a "pay-for-play" scenario. Whether that is a positive or negative situation is certainly up for discussion.
Adam and I have been talking a lot about this. I think he does get word sometimes of what recruits are getting from boosters at other schools as far as NIL is concerned, but it's anecdotal, at least as far as I can tell.

I'm glad to hear that. Not that anyone has the right to tell a person what to do with their money, but in my opinion his money is well-spent either locking up a Top 10 kid superstar like Melo, or, if no one is available in a class, spreading it out and getting a few high 4 stars or using it to retain a couple of our best current players.
All good points. Sure, locking in a 5-star like Melo would be great, but I do agree if that's not feasible, doing smaller deals with strong 4-stars is also a nice plan.

I’m sorry, but anyone that thinks Moore is worth this deal is nuts. I’m from the area and have now seen him many times. He’s a good shooter who can’t really put the ball on the deck. Gets completely lost and phased out of games. There are seriously games where you would need someone to tell you he’s a decent recruit if you didn’t already know. Save the deal for someone else. Fland is a stud. Someone like that.

I'm sure this has been posted, but everyone should check this out...
Good video.

Syracuse has long standing ties to Cardinal Hayes.

Another Elijah, this one Elijah Fuentes-Cundiff, was a frosh on the SU football team this past season and will be a big part of the defense for the next 4 years.

Qadir White (football) went to Hayes.

Jeremiah Kobena (football).

Ramel Lloyd (basketball).

Would love to see Moore in orange.

Some potentially really cool stuff is on the horizon, I hope :)
Seriously, much appreciated for the info! And thanks to Adam of course. This kid is a stud shooter!
89567c4d-cd51-4c26-8d40-810c4364f101_text.gif

Seriously, much appreciated for the info! And thanks to Adam of course. This kid is a stud shooter!
89567c4d-cd51-4c26-8d40-810c4364f101_text.gif
First of all, that movie rocks. Secondly, it's my pleasure. I'm just a fan like you all, and Adam and I seem to have a good rapport going, so I'm gonna hopefully keep feeding you all stuff. We were texting this morning, and Adam mentioned having me sit with him at a future SU game courtside. My response: Only if Melo and Brady are there. His response: lolololololol :)

First of all, that movie rocks. Secondly, it's my pleasure. I'm just a fan like you all, and Adam and I seem to have a good rapport going, so I'm gonna hopefully keep feeding you all stuff. We were texting this morning, and Adam mentioned having me sit with him at a future SU game courtside. My response: Only if Melo and Brady are there. His response: lolololololol :)
That's great cuseallday. Looking forward to seeing you sit courtside with Adam. And a big "thank you" for keeping us posted! The fanbase could use the good news...

I’m sorry, but anyone that thinks Moore is worth this deal is nuts. I’m from the area and have now seen him many times. He’s a good shooter who can’t really put the ball on the deck. Gets completely lost and phased out of games. There are seriously games where you would need someone to tell you he’s a decent recruit if you didn’t already know. Save the deal for someone else. Fland is a stud. Someone like that.

Do you know what the deal is?