Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

First of all, that movie rocks. Secondly, it's my pleasure. I'm just a fan like you all, and Adam and I seem to have a good rapport going, so I'm gonna hopefully keep feeding you all stuff. We were texting this morning, and Adam mentioned having me sit with him at a future SU game courtside. My response: Only if Melo and Brady are there. His response: lolololololol :)
Wall Street is one of my top ten or twenty.
Fun, weird, tangent tee war stories:
  • I worked on 14 Wall Street, the old JP Morgan building right across from the exchange. We worked one floor below the top, JP Morgan's mistress's penthouse converted today to a steakhouse. This was a software company, not a brokerage house.
  • Before being a software engineer I was a junior broker (passed the series 7) for the actual company the Boiler Room movie was derived from, in Melville, NY. Another favorite but it freaks me out as most of the events happened to me and people I knew and every character looks like one of my brother's friends who really worked there.
  • Finally...I recently worked for a company in Long Island whose office was the Wolf of Wall Street's actual office! Complete with clear glass elevator if you know the movie ;)
Couldn't make this up if I tried. 1,000 useless tangents.

I’m sorry, but anyone that thinks Moore is worth this deal is nuts. I’m from the area and have now seen him many times. He’s a good shooter who can’t really put the ball on the deck. Gets completely lost and phased out of games. There are seriously games where you would need someone to tell you he’s a decent recruit if you didn’t already know. Save the deal for someone else. Fland is a stud. Someone like that.
While I agree with you on this on maybe we shouldn't be throwing a NIL deal at a top 75-100 recruit, I think we're at the point in recruiting that "beggers can't be choosers right now". If we had faith that JB and company will be active in the transfer portal, I would even more double down on your post and say, SAVE IT for a transfer. I don't think we're using the full NIL package on him (just a guess) and if it gets us across the finish line with him, then lets do it. It isn't hampering our resources.

While I agree with you on this on maybe we shouldn't be throwing a NIL deal at a top 75-100 recruit, I think we're at the point in recruiting that "beggers can't be choosers right now". If we had faith that JB and company will be active in the transfer portal, I would even more double down on your post and say, SAVE IT for a transfer. I don't think we're using the full NIL package on him (just a guess) and if it gets us across the finish line with him, then lets do it. It isn't hampering our resources.
By way of a hypothetical, what's "bad" if Adam offers NIL deals to four-stars and even bigger deals to five-stars? Seems like that's a win-win.

• I worked on 14 Wall Street, the old JP Morgan building right across from the exchange. We worked one floor below the top, JP Morgan's mistress's penthouse converted today to a steakhouse. This was a software company, not a brokerage house.
  • Before being a software engineer I was a junior broker (passed the series 7) for the actual company the Boiler Room movie was derived from, in Melville, NY. Another favorite but it freaks me out as most of the events happened to me and people I knew and every character looks like one of my brother's friends who really worked there.
  • Finally...I recently worked for a company in Long Island whose office was the Wolf of Wall Street's actual office! Complete with clear glass elevator if you know the movie ;)
Whatever you do, stay away from Teldar Paper.

By way of a hypothetical, what's "bad" if Adam offers NIL deals to four-stars and even bigger deals to five-stars? Seems like that's a win-win.
I honestly don't see any "bad" in it. I think a lot of us are still in the "learning" and getting use to the NIL world (including myself) that throwing a NIL deal at a kid is bad or not in good taste so I think we have to give us still some grace period on it. But Adam loves this program and wants to see it succeed like we do and I applaud him in doing this the right way vs what Miami and some of the SEC schools are doing it.

I'm happy he is doing it because I know how hard the assistants recruit and are at such a disadvantage in recruiting with JB at the helm (guys, he doesn't recruit. Our assistants do 99% of the heavy lifting in this. Has been like that for a LONG time).

I honestly don't see any "bad" in it. I think a lot of us are still in the "learning" and getting use to the NIL world (including myself) that throwing a NIL deal at a kid is bad or not in good taste so I think we have to give us still some grace period on it. But Adam loves this program and wants to see it succeed like we do and I applaud him in doing this the right way vs what Miami and some of the SEC schools are doing it.

I'm happy he is doing it because I know how hard the assistants recruit and are at such a disadvantage in recruiting with JB at the helm (guys, he doesn't recruit. Our assistants do 99% of the heavy lifting in this. Has been like that for a LONG time).
Yeah, I think that's part of the "issue," if you want to call it that. Last September, if memory serves correct, Donna reported that Adam planned to offer $1M annually to a five-star in hoops/football to represent his companies. I think Adam is feeling all of this out in terms of how much he wants to offer to recruits, whether four-star, five-star, etc. It's a strategy that I think is evolving for him, and I'm gonna catch up with him soon on this :)

Do you know what the deal is?
No, I don’t but the way the tweet was worded, saying this is his target, is scary. I really hope this isn’t the big money guy…

Cuse always finds players before they blow up - where was the kid that went to Duke and just got 28 &15 when we offered him? Guessing AW knows who the coaches really like and if he can sign him as a 4* before he blows up I call that a good deal.

I’m sorry, but anyone that thinks Moore is worth this deal is nuts. I’m from the area and have now seen him many times. He’s a good shooter who can’t really put the ball on the deck. Gets completely lost and phased out of games. There are seriously games where you would need someone to tell you he’s a decent recruit if you didn’t already know. Save the deal for someone else. Fland is a stud. Someone like that.
You’re assuming it’s a zero sum game. It’s not.

Series 7 is no cakewalk. Kudos to you, brother.

As far as I can tell, SU is in good shape with Moore. Jackson has taken his five junior-year OVs. SU wasn't one of them. Likely down to UNC-UK. SU just offered Fland, and he has 30-plus offers, but ...
So why not say what you think? Lol. You’ll look better to the board if you hit it on the head.

So why not say what you think? Lol. You’ll look better to the board if you hit it on the head.
This is awfully close to information-shaming. And I hate that.

He has said numerous times he can't say everything he knows. Do you get that he could blow a source if he did that?

Put the thread on ignore if it bothers you that much.

Not sure I understand your comment here. I think SU has a great shot with Moore. I don't think SU is a contender for Jackson. And I think Fland has a ton of offers, and SU just offered, so I honestly don't know at this point. But certainly, if NIL comes into play (and I'm not saying it has or will), that could make things interesting with Boogie. Finally, and candidly, I'm not trying to look good for anyone. I'm a fan like you all, nothing more, nothing less. I've gotten some good intel. I'll pass along as much as I can, when I can. Not blowing smoke. Not trying to impress anyone.

Not sure I understand your comment here. I think SU has a great shot with Moore. I don't think SU is a contender for Jackson. And I think Fland has a ton of offers, and SU just offered, so I honestly don't know at this point. But certainly, if NIL comes into play (and I'm not saying it has or will), that could make things interesting with Boogie. Finally, and candidly, I'm not trying to look good for anyone. I'm a fan like you all, nothing more, nothing less. I've gotten some good intel. I'll pass along as much as I can, when I can. Not blowing smoke. Not trying to impress anyone.
Appreciate all the info you can share.

Oh the way you said, “but….” Made it seem as if you had a tip on fland.

We’ll never be happy - we’ve lost plenty of kids due to not ponying up for NIL and everyone complained. Now we might be using it to close on a kid that the staff has prioritized and it’s too much?

Like it’s been said earlier in the thread throw rankings out with a kid like this. You see teams like Arkansas and Alabama who are putting together top 5 / top 10 classes with McDonald’s All Americans in hot pursuit of this kid and it’s gotta make you feel good about his potential.

Let’s seal the deal and get some momentum going for our 2024 class.

So I put this on the main basketball board, and I apologize that this isn't about recruiting, but I did want to pass along that Adam has given me some info. on NIL deals he has signed with current SU players.
Great news. This is the best way to support our programs. Thank you Adam. It’s so important to take care of our current players. It’s also great to see him supporting mens and womens programs.