Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

This kid is a shooting machine.
Really looking forward to seeing a roster with multiple guards with versatile skill sets playing in an uptempo scheme. Moore fits right in - really impressed with his ability to get his shot off the dribble.

Really looking forward to seeing a roster with multiple guards with versatile skill sets playing in an uptempo scheme. Moore fits right in - really impressed with his ability to get his shot off the dribble.
The progression of Moore's dribbling highlights has been impressive. He's doing some fancy dribbling in live action to get himself or (occasionally) others open shots. It used to be two quick dribbles and a shot, or else catch and shoot or breakaway dunks.

The progression of Moore's dribbling highlights has been impressive. He's doing some fancy dribbling in live action to get himself or (occasionally) others open shots. It used to be two quick dribbles and a shot, or else catch and shoot or breakaway dunks.
Yeah, good observations. The refinement in Moore's game over the last 6 months, especially his ability to create space off the bounce, is very encouraging. I liked his potential when he first committed. I like him even more now. He even looks better physically - leaner more mature.

If he can do that while being the most efficient scorer in the country, I will take it.
Joking... ESPN still has him outside their top 100, while the credible services all have him ranked, some in the top 50.

Every time he gets a really favorable tweet like this one, I've been posting sarcastic "reasons" why Moore doesn't deserve to be ranked.

"All he does is shoot, he needs to show some other skill," for instance. :)

Joking... ESPN still has him outside their top 100, while the credible services all have him ranked, some in the top 50.

Every time he gets a really favorable tweet like this one, I've been posting sarcastic "reasons" why Moore doesn't deserve to be ranked.

"All he does is shoot, he needs to show some other skill," for instance. :)

Yeah, kinda like Ray Allen, huh?

When you’re a shooting guard, being really good at shooting is kinda the point, no?

ESPN not having Elijah in its top 100 is laughable. Others have inside the top 60, haven't seen him inside the top 50, but with a strong senior year at CH, I think Elijah can be a consensus top 50 prospect. He should be.
It's OK if the "experts" sleep on him like they slept on Judah. It didn't take a genius to see Judah to become excited.

You love to see it.
Majority of the kids on this list are high majors.

Kur Teng is going to Michigan State and is Top 50.

Colin White has an offer from Ohio State. Just outside the Top 100 but a high level player.

Paul McNeil Jr. is an NC State commit and is Top 60.

Flory Bidunga is a 6-8 kid who is between Duke & Kansas. #4 player in the class.

A lot of high profile kids listed. Moore is probably between 40 and 75 realistically, but to not be in the Top 100 is criminal.

Yeah, kinda like Ray Allen, huh?

When you’re a shooting guard, being really good at shooting is kinda the point, no?
Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves with comps, here. :)

Starling isn't going to be Diane Wade and Moore isn't going to be Ray Allen.

But, yeah, the whole point of the game is to score more than the other team. So if you only have one skill, it probably should be shooting.

I'm happy to have Moore be the best in his league in this critical skill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom