Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
RF2044 said:
Everything published about this kid describes him as playing PG at the collegiate level, so it shouldn't impact Battle at all.

Battle is a PG, right?

Everything published about this kid describes him as playing PG at the collegiate level, so it shouldn't impact Battle at all.

Gotcha. Just watched the Howard video. Cool. I thought I read somewhere where Battle was wanting to and/or some schools were recruiting him as a PG? Is that true?

Thanks! So Howard is a SG? I admit I haven't seen or heard that much about it. Does this affect Battle possibly?

He's listed as a SG on a lot of the recruiting sites, but he said in the linked post-announcement interview that Cuse recruited him as a PG

tee1222 said:
Both him and Battle can play both positions. We've has it before, it could work again. MCW-Triche, Scoop-Triche, etc

Are we forgetting Malachi?

He's a pg the only reason he is listed as a sg is due to the fact Paul the 6th and takeover played him at sg. The did this because it put the best players on the floor for both squads. The young man has vision and handles don't read into the scouting reports to much. He will walk in day one at 6'5 ready to roll as a combo guard imo

He's a pg the only reason he is listed as a sg is due to the fact Paul the 6th and takeover played him at sg. The did this because it put the best players on the floor for both squads. The young man has vision and handles don't read into the scouting reports to much. He will walk in day one at 6'5 ready to roll as a combo guard imo

It's going to be a nice LUXURY to be able to field a team with two legitimate lead guards. Glad that he not only has the tools, but will also [hopefully, assuming Joseph sticks around] to apprentice for a year without being forced into the starting lineup.

Combo guard, can and will play both positions. Triche, Dion, Rautins, etc.

I know little about him, so I'll take your word on that. In that interview tho he did say "I'm being recruited to play point guard there." Tho that easily just could have meant "(In addition to SG) I'm (also) being recruited to play point guard there."

I'm just happy we got em!

I know little about him, so I'll take your word on that. In that interview tho he did say "I'm being recruited to play point guard there." Tho that easily just could have meant "(In addition to SG) I'm (also) being recruited to play point guard there."

I'm just happy we got em!
Triche was interchangeable, depending on who he was playing with. You're probably going to see him in either position, depending on who's on the floor with him. But he can score, can shoot, can handle and pass the ball. All good things in a combo guard.

I got some bad news while trying to see if he announced(the kind you fly back to NY for), but this makes the evening a bit easier on me. Really stoked about the recruiting class...and hope the train keeps on rolling!!! LGO!!

Doesn't look like the Frank Howard I knew of. I'm calling this young man the "Senator" due to the area he is from and he has the same name as that famous baseball player from the Washington Senators.

Reminds me of Grant/Fair a bit. Grant because he may not be done growing and Fair with the old knee injury. If this young man can shoot better than Grant and grow a couple of inches...wow that would be nice but even at 6'5" he has excellent height at the top of the zone.

Announcer mentioned that he's 6-5 now, but is projected to grow as tall as 6-8.

minion_what-922733.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.