Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Mitchell is painful to watch thank god Howard committed since my ears are still bleeding. Great guy to meet in person (Art Monk camp 1998 and Okras in Manassas) terrible announcer.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 53s
Four-star junior Franklin Howard announces his commitment for Syracuse. Orange were the favorite.

They started out wishing Howard a happy birthday.

Listed out his prospective schools [some good ones, including Ohio State, UVa, Georgetown, had an offer from Florida, etc.]

Howard feels blessed to have all of these schools as opportunities. Grateful to have gotten to know these coaches throughout the recruiting process.

Tore his ACL during junior year. Says the injury was bittersweet, because his team won a championship, but he's happy for his teammates and tried to keep a good attitude and learn from the experience.

He says the school he's choosing has a family environment, strong fanbase, and somewhere he'd want to be for four years [GREAT NEWS, after all of the early entrant attrition we've had the last few years]. He's disappointed to have to let coaches from the other four schools in his top 5 know that he's turning them down, but he can only pick one.

After a lot of discussion with his family, he's made the decision to attend... SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY!!!!

Jim Boeheim is a historical coach, and a top 5 program all time. He's excited to play for a legend.

Howard believes he fits into a zone defensive system, and likes zone a lot better than man-to-man.

Announcer mentioned that he's 6-5 now, but is projected to grow as tall as 6-8.

He's from ACC country, excited to play in the ACC--he considers them the #1 conference, and is excited to be able to have the opportunity to compete against players he grew up playing against.

In response to the obligatory joke about winters in CNY, Howard says he plans on going winter shopping before he gets up here.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
Frank Howard ‏@Jesussss_ 46s
#CuseNation we here
1f34a.png
pic.twitter.com/aqwpjoZsd5

BlOqEZLIYAAGd__.jpg

I've seen a few of his games from his soph year before he got hurt and I really think he's going to be a great piece to our program. He has great size and is very skilled. Whether it's a floater, pull up jumper, catch and shoot he's a flat out shot maker which as we've found out you can never have enough of.

Thanks! So Howard is a SG? I admit I haven't seen or heard that much about it. Does this affect Battle possibly?

I've seen a few of his games from his soph year before he got hurt and I really think he's going to be a great piece to our program. He has great size and is very skilled. Whether it's a floater, pull up jumper, catch and shoot he's a flat out shot maker which as we've found out you can never have enough of.

Thanks for the first hand scouting report!

Thanks! So Howard is a SG? I admit I haven't seen or heard that much about it. Does this affect Battle possibly?

Everything published about this kid describes him as playing PG at the collegiate level, so it shouldn't impact Battle at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.