Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

yeah this dude ain't gonna worry about any competition on any current college team

Does that mean he's not reclassifying or he is reclassifying but not coming to SU?

He wouldn't be a 4th guard playing 15 minutes...
Think he means if he is going to reclassify it wouldn't be to go to Cuse.

Apparently a guy who has asperations of going straight to the nba is afraid of competing with Howard, a grad student, and another freshman. He probably won't come but I don't think it will be because of this reasoning from Siegel's "sources".

Hami is the type that thinks he would put Battle's ass on the bench. I doubt he's nervous about Howard and a transfer from CSU. We only have 8 players currently on the roster. This cat would start or at least play starting minutes if he joined the team next season.
Exactly, that tweet sounds foolish. It almost sounds as if he is going to do it, but obviously he wouldn't be doing it if he were only going to be the 4th guard getting only 15 minutes. I'm not sure how a Battle/Diallo backcourt would work offensively, but they would be the most athletic front of the zone we have ever had, and if Battle has a serviceable shot at this level, then they could make the offense work. Dare to dream.

I'll preface this by saying that I agree with the good captain that Hami starts from the second he dons orange - were he to reclassify and commit to Syracuse.

As a thought experiment, and I'm not an elite HS basketball player, wouldn't being 4th guard getting 15 mpg on a top-25 D1 team be better than playing another year of HS ball? If he's not planning on going to the NBA until the 2018 draft, why not get an extra season of D1 conditioning under a HOF coach and playing against the very best competition in the country?

Perhaps he is on the Thon Maker plan?

Maybe if he goes to college for a season his amazing athleticism doesn't stand out as much against more comparable athletes, and his average jump shot gets exposed as he'd have to rely on it just a bit more?

Either way...no way he doesn't start and play serious minutes were he to reclassify and wear Orange. Unfortunately, I think Frankie would be the one losing potential playing time in that 4 guard rotation.

Highly doubt Diallo reclassifies. But we will be in the mix to get him next year.

He would be nice next to Gillon or Q Green. But he needs a PG who pushed tempo. Hami would be wasted in a walkup set offense...which concerns me about Frank.

Looks like somebody has not been paying attention. Cuse is screwed next year, the year after that and probably the year after that. Screwed I said.
Nay way. I don't think you could possibly be more wrong on this one. Time will tell but you could count me among those who thinks we will be postured to land some really big fish in the coming year or two.

Diallo won't reclassify to play 15min a game at SU.

Not exactly word for word but basically what it said.
Cool - thanks. Was it in reply to a question or just out of the blue? Kind of a random thing to say unless there's more to that statement.

Cool - thanks. Was it in reply to a question or just out of the blue? Kind of a random thing to say unless there's more to that statement.

It wasn't from anyone connected to Diallo. It was someone providing their opinion on that option / possibility. Or at least that's what I took away from the tweet.

Just out of the blue from Ben Sigel. Not sure why he thought it needed to be posted to twitter. Obviously, he thought differently and pulled it.

image.png

Sigel & Mc allister think they're so good at what they do, but look at a really good Scout paysite like USC and it's not even comparable. They both have an ok source at SU, but if someone had an excellent one they'd actually sound clued in.

Hami and several Rens members got the chance to visit the White House today. For those not familiar, the Rens organization has had an anti-gun movement campaign going on for some time now. So they were extended an invite to come down and visit the White House.

SC Featured: The NY Rens' anti-gun violence movement - ESPN Video
ESPN did a feature about the anti-gun movement by the Rens not too long ago.