Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
dasher said we “held on” to kids by not pursuing Cole to return. If Cole comes back, Benny is more likely to transfer - not be asked to leave.
Benny was not going to be asked to leave. And I don't think he was going to transfer if Cole came back. I have never heard that. We didn't push Cole to come back. That just amazes me. I believe the reason is that the coaches think we will be very good in 2 years and didn't want any of the incoming frosh to leave. I think that is ridiculous. In this day and age, you play it year to year. And the difference between Cole and the frosh is quite large. That isn't even considering how he might look with more offensive game planning for him.

Benny was not going to be asked to leave. And I don't think he was going to transfer if Cole came back. I have never heard that. We didn't push Cole to come back. That just amazes me. I believe the reason is that the coaches think we will be very good in 2 years and didn't want any of the incoming frosh to leave. I think that is ridiculous. In this day and age, you play it year to year. And the difference between Cole and the frosh is quite large. That isn't even considering how he might look with more offensive game planning for him.
I agree with your post 100%.

Why give them any reason at all?
This is a fan forum. Fan, short for fanatic. Meaning a little bit more invested in the program and the success of it than we maybe should be or is healthy. Meaning countless hours invested, and disposable income invested. For many, student tuition invested with one of the main reasons being the basketball program. And for a few, large donations that directly impact student-athlete experience.

Therefore, when results don't meet expectations, a fan forum should not be all rosey with its perspective on everything. I happen to have an opinion on our coaching staff that is shared by many. I do not mean to take it out on the kid that this thread is meant for - he did nothing wrong. I will root like heck for him if he chooses SU.

But my point remains that our coaching staff has done a poor job in recent years securing the talent necessary to compete at the highest levels of college basketball - a place that, given the investment into the program in terms of budgets, conference affiliation, etc., it should be. Given that, and the fact that we only have a few spots, I would have hoped/expected our focus for recruiting be put on higher end targets that could be go-to options right away and would enhance our roster full of guys that are developmental types.

I don’t blame staff. We are walking a straight line. Other programs aren’t and it becomes a major disadvantage with recruiting. University gives direction and munitions to compete. Cuse is guilty of doing things old school.

I don’t blame staff. We are walking a straight line. Other programs aren’t and it becomes a major disadvantage with recruiting. University gives direction and munitions to compete. Cuse is guilty of doing things old school.
Do you mean we had to stop cheating, so we can’t get the best talent anymore?

It was always going to be difficult to get 2023 recruits because of the large 2022 class and coaching uncertainty. I was hoping for Ducharme as a nice 4-year player. Hopefully we can get at least one 2023 recruit. We'll likely need to rely on the transfer portal, and, most importantly, do whatever it takes to retain the 2022 guys.
Well, that’s freakin depressing. We have no expectations to land any 2023 recruits?

It would be best if these opinions of recruiting lackluster talent were perhaps not expressed in any specific recruit’s thread.

Kind of d!ckish IMO. Let’s be the adults in the room and let the kids be kids.

Do you think Villanova cheated? How about Gonzaga? Do you think St. Bonaventure cheats?

Each of these three programs has been better than SU the last 2-3 years.

More excuses.

I mean hopefully Copeland and Taylor are the real deals and Mintz stays at least 2yrs, in which case we'll be more than fine at G - but still this (it feels like to me) is just sort of emblematic of the uncertain "crossroads" at which the program is right now - like, kind of hard to blame recruits for saying thanks but no thanks...

edit- and maybe gmac/jb circle back around and re-solidify things with Ducharme and we get his commitment, who knows...

Last edited:
Well, that’s freakin depressing. We have no expectations to land any 2023 recruits?
With the transfer portal does it even matter? Why take unproven hs students when you can get proven players?

Not what we are looking for. My guess is that Miller is telling him he can be the man from day 1 as the cupboard is somewhat bare and Ducharme may start believing it with him putting up big numbers in the PJ consolation games.
Damn that cheating liar Sean Miller.

Portal or not, we take transfers. Chukwu, Hughes, A Griffin, Swider, Symir, Jimmy and many others prior.
Yup. JAB has always embraced transfers. Guys like you mentioned plus Silent G who filled an important role for the program and the original transfer from over 40 years ago, Leo Rautins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom