Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUOrangeSU has some connections, as does Dasher. When they say things like this, just take it as a VERY positive sign.
Yeah they do! I look forward to and respect their comments

I don’t think anyone said it was necessarily.
I know but a lot of folks let one crystal ball or one comment from someone make it "THE END of the recruitment".
The longer this drags out, the worst for us and if he doesn't set his date after Peach and it goes late into the year, yeahhhhh not the best scenario for us. But I wanted to comment that this isn't over...at all actually

I know but a lot of folks let one crystal ball or one comment from someone make it "THE END of the recruitment".
The longer this drags out, the worst for us and if he doesn't set his date after Peach and it goes late into the year, yeahhhhh not the best scenario for us. But I wanted to comment that this isn't over...at all actually
thanks as always for your info

Ducharme said: “And having a coach who’s going to be honest with me, really tell me when I need to step up or when I’m not doing what I should do . . . I don’t need to hear I’m the greatest all the time. That’s not what I want to hear.”

Unfortunately that rules out Cuse. Our Coach is a big time hugger who showers players in love and affection, and is never brutally honest.

Ducharme said: “And having a coach who’s going to be honest with me, really tell me when I need to step up or when I’m not doing what I should do . . . I don’t need to hear I’m the greatest all the time. That’s not what I want to hear.”

Unfortunately that rules out Cuse. Our Coach is a big time hugger who showers players in love and affection, and is never brutally honest.
Lol. Love it.

Yes, that’s the one word that comes to mind when i think of JB…hugger. :p

You know for the most part in the past, the crystal ball predictions on recruits were pretty close to right on (with the Judah Mintz prediction being an exception). So, it can be frustrating when you are not in the know and you believe a recruit will be coming to Syracuse and bang, all of the sudden they are no longer interested.

So when what is viewed to be an informed source (like Dasher, Bulldog, SUOrangeSU or CuseMan4 and others) state something about a recruit and Syracuse’s chances, you tend to listen. If the information is not positive, they tend to temper their information by saying it does not look that Syracuse is in strong position or that other schools are starting to get involved, they are not saying it’s over for that recruit.

They are saying at that moment Syracuse’s standing with the recruit is changing and our chances for that recruit are dwindling or we have less of a chance. it does not mean that it is 100% over (close). It is not over until the recruit drops you from his list of schools or he signs an LOI with another school. Our sources in the know are tempering our collective expectations based on what they have heard.

Joe Estrella is a good example. He most likely wants to go to play at Duke. The key phrase is to play. However, Duke has other lines in the water and have not guaranteed Estrella a position yet. I do not believe that he wants to be another Jordan Tucker type offer. So, even though the initial views 20-30 days ago was Estrella is a Duke committ (still May happen), he is still a possibility for Syracuse (not a guarantee but a possibility).

Last edited:
He does sound really high on Cuse and raved about his relationships with JB and GMac. Legendary school, legendary coach. Would he start as a freshman at SG if Taylor is here? Or does he come off the bench? Maybe Taylor moves to SF, where he may play this season anyways…

He does sound really high on Cuse and raved about his relationships with JB and GMac. Legendary school, legendary coach. Would he start as a freshman at SG if Taylor is here? Or does he come off the bench? Maybe Taylor moves to SF, where he may play this season anyways…

Bunch

All kidding aside, I think it is impressive how our coaches identify these talented kids before they blow up. I don't think Reid ends up in the top 20, but after how he has performed, I think he will end up in the 50's or 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom