G | Syracusefan.com

G

TBCuse11

Starter
I have said all year that G is our best all around player, and I dont think that is really a debate. He surely has some What moments, and is not nearly as consistent as Rak, but he is really coming in to his own. He is literally the only player on our team who can consistently create his own shot and finish it. Rak is our most important player and the focal point of the offense, as he should be, but G is just amazing.

He is a good shooter (FT line aside). He has one thing going that Trevor doesnt, the ability to get open. When you are open, you get better looks and you will knock more down. Trevor would beat him in a game of HORSE, but in game situations most of his shots are heavily contested because he can not get open vs good man to man D.

If G returns next year, he will without a doubt be our best player and lead the team in scoring. Cooney will take the most shots, but G is much much more efficient. He will be a 15 - 5- 5 guy and All ACC. There is a reason Duke signed him, he is versatile as hell and athletic as hell. If not for Rak, we would be talking about G as possibly the best improvement SU has ever had from one season to the next.

Last edited:
Rak is our best player. G is simply our most versatile player.

Rak getting double teamed all game allows for G to do what he's doing.

And I dont understand people who dont think he will be back.
As to returning--

Given the current NCAA rules, anyone who has made it through 4 years and earned a degree is a candidate to move on to another school.

As to returning--

Given the current NCAA rules, anyone who has made it through 4 years and earned a degree is a candidate to move on to another school.

He also may simply want to move on and make money. If he isn't drafted he would make plenty of money over seas. I know people would freak out and I certainly hope he comes back but if he graduates he simply may not want to spend another season without getting paid. He certainly could play himself into an NBA draft pick next year but he may not want to wait.

Mike has been excellent this season. Once he sort of figured out he needed to score or we had no chance he became aggressive and as TBcuse11 said he can create his own shot on a regular basis which is something this squad really lacks.

He's been great since the Nova game. If he was this aggressive early on, we may have a couple more wins.

Also if we can go to the tournament next year he WILL be back.

He also may simply want to move on and make money. If he isn't drafted he would make plenty of money over seas. I know people would freak out and I certainly hope he comes back but if he graduates he simply may not want to spend another season without getting paid. He certainly could play himself into an NBA draft pick next year but he may not want to wait.
Please name one Syracuse player that has done that? And as I have said before, don't include devo. Every player that could return for that 5th year has.

I have said all year that G is our best all around player, and I dont think that is really a debate. He surely has some What moments, and is not nearly as consistent as Rak, but he is really coming in to his own. He is literally the only player on our team who can consistently create his own shot and finish it. Rak is our most important player and the focal point of the offense, as he should be, but G is just amazing.

He is a good shooter (FT line aside). He has one thing going that Trevor doesnt, the ability to get open. When you are open, you get better looks and you will knock more down. Trevor would beat him in a game of HORSE, but in game situations most of his shots are heavily contested because he can not get open vs good man to man D.

If G returns next year, he will without a doubt be our best player and lead the team in scoring. Cooney will take the most shots, but G is much much more efficient. He will be a 15 - 5- 5 guy and All ACC. There is a reason Duke signed him, he is versatile as hell and athletic as hell. If not for Rak, we would be talking about G as possibly the best improvement SU has ever had from one season to the next.
I have never been more proud of you. Once again, While saying great things about G you were able to once again stick the needle in to Cooney. The opposing teams put their best defender on Cooney, not G. And rak is our best player. Ig G was double teamed all game, he wouldn't score a point.

I have never been more proud of you. Once again, While saying great things about G you were able to once again stick the needle in to Cooney. The opposing teams put their best defender on Cooney, not G. And rak is our best player. Ig G was double teamed all game, he wouldn't score a point.
qTHxOZx.jpg

Please name one Syracuse player that has done that? And as I have said before, don't include devo. Every player that could return for that 5th year has.

G graduates this year and can make a nice career overseas. Him coming back is FAR from a certainty. I was surprised when i heard this, but its possible he may bolt even if we do not get another year of ban.

I didn't say he won't be back just saying when you have your degree there is nothing crazy about moving on and getting paid. There are advantages to staying another season but none of them include getting paid to play next season.

This thread is not about Cooney, as much as you will try to make it one, but if you think Trevor is a better overall player than G... you are out of your mind.

Wes didn't.
Wes was also a first round pick.

No reason to believe G is not back next year. Just creating more drama that isn't necessary. You don't think the team realizes how good they could potentially be next year? They want to win a national championship. Every college basketball player has that dream.

With national title hopes next season, G only leaves if we are banned from next year's post season.

Wes was also a first round pick.

No reason to believe G is not back next year. Just creating more drama that isn't necessary. You don't think the team realizes how good they could potentially be next year? They want to win a national championship. Every college basketball player has that dream.

National Title Hopes? Says who... Players dreams are to get rich and make $$ as a pro. Mike has that chance, and a degree after this season.

We will lose our best player and add a bunch of freshmen. Maybe one out of every 25 freshman we get actually contribute.
There is no guarantee that next year will be significantly better than this year.

G isn't going pro next year overseas or the NBA. However if he graduates he could on his own become a 1 yr FA for any school with a grad program not at SU if he so chose.
JB isn't going to Paul Harris him out but that is the only way G won't be back assuming we don't get banned next year which I doubt.

I think G could play himself into a possible first round pick next year much like Rak is doing right now.

If he comes back, we have two of the best wing players in the country in G/Cooney and a ton of potential with everyone else. Not sure if we'll be title contenders but if we have a back line of G-McCullough-Bryant, we can certainly entertain that thought.

G graduates this year and can make a nice career overseas. Him coming back is FAR from a certainty. I was surprised when i heard this, but its possible he may bolt even if we do not get another year of ban.

Gbinije has a better chance to go to the NBA in 2016 playing in Syracuse than he does playing overseas next year.

I think G could play himself into a possible first round pick next year much like Rak is doing right now.

If he comes back, we have two of the best wing players in the country in G/Cooney and a ton of potential with everyone else. Not sure if we'll be title contenders but if we have a back line of G-McCullough-Bryant, we can certainly entertain that thought.
Too old.

You obviously don't realize that Rak and Trevor are the reasons G is always open. That being said, he has delivered more than he hasn't and is becoming an NBA level player. Not a star, maybe not a rotation guy, but a player in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom