G | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

G

not trying to be confrontational but what does this even mean? are you saying he doesn't like basketball? he's going to pursue a different career?

I am not citing sources on this as i did with the ban stuff, this is just opinion. He will graduate and I think assuming he is a lock to come back is silly. I do think that he will, but nothing is certain.

All

All-ACC teams use only stats in conference games so that helps Gbinije and Anderson getting hurt probably drops him off first team.

Getting to 10 wins would also really help their cause since it would mean at knocking off one of the big boys. I still think we can get to 11 but that will take some doing.

Gbinije has definitely put himself into all conference consideration with his solid all around play. His versatility really sets him apart--he reminds me a LOT of Evan Turner from OSU, and does about as much for our team as Turner did for his [as a first team AA / #2 pick in the draft]. Really, the lone deficiency in his game is the FT shooting. But in every other respect, his numbers stack up favorably against the best players in the country. His overall scoring totals are dragged down a bit by the slow start, but nobody can question his value now. Terrific all-around player.

If he comes back, he'll be poised for a BIG senior year.

Last edited:
If both show well down the stretch against Duke x2, ND, Lville and UVA I don't see how both aren't on the all ACC teams. Rak should be a lock for 1st team with Okafor. Harrell may drop to 2nd team.

Okafor, Rak and Grant are the only 1st team locks IMO. Crap shoot after that.

I think Grant will get POY, not one of the bigs...

It's not baseless. You see that he is working like a dog and has transformed his body. He is on the bench cheering his heart out for his team. He has not given up on playing for us. It has been a lifelong dream - as well as playing for the NBA. He is not giving up! That's why you have optimism, dontcha think?

I'm not one to make "bold predictions" usually, but I agree with this. I really believe DaJuan Coleman will have a breakout season next year, if healthy (obviously, the big caveat here).

To those who question his basketball ability even when fully healthy, I just completely disagree.

A healthy DaJuan Coleman next year, going into his 4th year in the system, may still not be the greatest defensive player, but I will guarantee his scoring & rebounding will be eye-opening. He's a good player, a former McDonald's AA, who has the heart & desire. He's got the tools, talent, ability, drive, etc. He will put it all together next year, I'm so very confident in this it's scary.

Too old.
Another example of how foolish the NBA is currently run. 23 is too old. The guy could have a nice 10 year career. Meanwhile half of the 19 year olds taken in the 1st round on "potential" will be out of the league in 2 years.

"I have heard legit information about 1 player being unhappy and a candidate to move on but I won't spread ANYTHING on it till the season is over." Alsacs, respect your wanting to not post this but it sure raises questions and speculation.

OK, I'll bite, could be Roberson or Patterson. Roberson seems like a reserved somewhat insecure kind of kid, who may not be responding to the pressure of high D1 hoops.

With the influx of two quality guards next year, the handwriting could be on the wall for Patterson. Without a jump shot, don't see where he is going at SU.

Could be BJ, but he seems like a tough kid who is showing signs of improvement and could be a big contributor down the road. Again, quality forwards coming in at his position, like Lydon, but not sure they would see action over a junior who's been in the program for a couple years.

Okafor, Rak and Grant are the only 1st team locks IMO. Crap shoot after that.

I think Grant will get POY, not one of the bigs...

IT will be interesting to see but Rak won't get it unless we go 12-6 in conference or better because we just aren't a good enough team to have the CPOY IMO. Okafor gets so much hype and he plays at Duke that I don't see a ND player (an interloper into ACC, basically) getting enough votes.

Another example of how foolish the NBA is currently run. 23 is too old. The guy could have a nice 10 year career. Meanwhile half of the 19 year olds taken in the 1st round on "potential" will be out of the league in 2 years.

Was talking about this same thing with my dad yesterday. Teams will rue the day that they pass on a strong, polished, athletic post player like Rak just to take someone who is a bit younger but completely unrefined. Kid has the total package for a big, and lots of room to improve. Those types of players don't come along very often.

Too bad he's not 6-10. If he were, he might go in the lottery despite being 23.

Would love to see him end up on a contending team like the Spurs or OKC--he'd be a very solid complimentary player.

It is crazy. You actually can see what the finished product will look like when the guy is 22-24. When they are 19 in most cases you are drafting based on your best case fantasy of what the finished product will be if all goes exceptionally well.

Another thing is you are likely actually paying a guy less for the beginning of their prime years if they are already 23, you draft and sign them for 4 years. Who cares if after their 2nd contract they are old.

Send me a PM promise not to post it and I will tell you I won't post it during the season As it's not fair to the player/program/coaching staff.

Wait this is actually a secret? Sorry couldn't help myself.

Wait this is actually a secret? Sorry couldn't help myself.
My comment was serious I won't play the telephone game in threads when I know something.
Giving an opinion is different than actually talking about stuff that really effects the program.

My comment was serious I won't play the telephone game in threads when I know something.
Giving an opinion is different than actually talking about stuff that really effects the program.

Understood, but I guess I don't see it quite the same way. And for the record everything I post is opinion as I have no inside information.

I am not citing sources on this as i did with the ban stuff, this is just opinion. He will graduate and I think assuming he is a lock to come back is silly. I do think that he will, but nothing is certain.
ok, thx for clarifying

In terms of big men, outside of Okafor and Towns I think it's a toss up.

Not sure how I feel about Lyles/Portis/Cauley-Stein/Turner who are all projected to go ahead of Mickey and Rak, both of whom I like.

Frank Kaminsky is a total wild card.

agree. from everything i have heard... those are very good numbers to go by. Not everyone thinks basketball is their whole life.
True, but that thinking is kind of bizarre when you're actually really good, signed to Duke and transferred to Syracuse. Have the oportunity to play yourself into the 1st round of the NBA Draft next year. Those type of people usually try to become basketball players for a living.

True, but that thinking is kind of bizarre when you're actually really good, signed to Duke and transferred to Syracuse. Have the oportunity to play yourself into the 1st round of the NBA Draft next year. Those type of people usually try to become basketball players for a living.

fair enough. we shall see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom