Game Thread for MTSU | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thread for MTSU

the game is ugly... BUT our defense and defensive gameplan has been outstanding... on O we have to flare the RB out into the flat evertime we see 8 in the box and 2 LB's on the LOS... we also need to get erv more involved on sweeps and slants... i would also like to see peirce down the seam becasue ther LB's are playing close to the LOS on most plays

Defense is better lately, we could have been down by 21 in the first quarter if the qb could hit an open receiver.

Whatever, have an intelligent conversation. Many others are too. So, tell me, think that was a good call?
I want to know why we didn't hit him harder.

Disheartening, especially the O-line play and offense in general. Very bummed that Eric still has not pocket patience or presence but I guess it's tough when you're a human pinball.

I'd like Erv to get more touches. Also, why not give Pierre a series? It won't happen but should.

Dungey needs to start pitching the ball on the option. He blew an easy touchdown inside the 10 by faking the pitch and keeping. He pitches and the RB waltzes in. Im a little tired of it, not only is he going to get hurt by keeping every time but it's starting to come off as being a ball hog.

For the love of god pitch the gd ball

Defense is better lately, we could have been down by 21 in the first quarter if the qb could hit an open receiver.
agree but part of the reason he cant hit those is because Ward looked at film and saw that if you give theses guys time to throw... they presents a bunch of 1 on 1 match ups deep... and we are not very good at those... so he really has drawn up a great game plan.. at least for today... but you are correct.. if he gets time... there are some dudes open in the secondary

Disheartening, especially the O-line play and offense in general. Very bummed that Eric still has not pocket patience or presence but I guess it's tough when you're a human pinball.

I'd like Erv to get more touches. Also, why not give Pierre a series? It won't happen but should.

I'd rather throw that slant in the endzone to Pierce. He'd catch it.

Last edited:
The MTSU QB looked pretty shaky for a guy with a decent rep.

And if we'd converted a few 4th and 1's inside the 10, we'd be up 21.

Transitive property doesn't work. We played an awful half of offensive football [although we got on track in the 2nd quarter], and we're still up, and getting the ball.

Dungey needs to start pitching the ball on the option. He blew an easy touchdown inside the 10 by faking the pitch and keeping. He pitches and the RB waltzes in. Im a little tired of it, not only is he going to get hurt by keeping every time but it's starting to come off as being a ball hog.

For the love of god pitch the gd ball

Marvin Graves, he ain't.

Wards game plan today is the most pressure we have ever shown with blitzing... we are having the same effect on there QB that shaffer D has had on Dungey... but i think Dungey will come around... they have already started to move the ball better...

slant to phillips and fade to Custis.. it would help if we threw a fade that wasnt under thrown every time this year. timing is always late to let the db get his hands back in there too.

but none of this matters if the oline doesnt figure out how to block the run better.

For sure. For as bad as we looked they were even worse with the turnovers, TO's. Still, today has set the game back decades. I feel bad for anyone there who bought a ticket. Disturbing performances both sides.

Hate to say it,but mtsu is our peer. I'm afraid we don't look a whole lot better than a middling Mac school. 2019 can't get here soon enough. Bring on the haters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom