Game Thread for MTSU | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thread for MTSU

some halftime thoughts:
- love the pressure from the D.
- some of the comments in this thread of insane. Dino is still building this program. I think too many people let themselves dream in the offseason and this place acts like an echo chamber where players get overrated. Things are getting better, but it is a process. A bad half of football and suddenly people are thinking Dino et al. have no clue.
- Dungey is playing selfish. He is taking too many unnecessary hits. It is unfortunate that it seems we can't run the ball unless he is involved, but such is the state of things now. But he needs to pitch the ball on those options and he needs to stop with the blind spins where he is a sitting duck. He's a junior now, needs to be more mature.
- I feel like Syracuse has adjusted, and is opting to show patience and a willingness to grind. The blitzes were extremely disruptive, so there is an adjustment to runs up the middle, options, short passes. It isn't explosive and it lines up the the team's weaknesses, but it minimizes MTSU's ability to create havoc. It is going to test their patience. I think you'll see some more targeted deep shots the in the second half. MTSU is set up for it.

edit:
- how can I forget - I really enjoyed Elmore in that half. He's a difference maker.

Who ever made this offensive gameplan is an idiot... we are getting away from our identity and trying to become a running team. Its like Dino has a chip on the shoulder to have a good running game and its just making us look bad. We need some slants mixed into this offense.

FHCSS has done a good job exploiting the young OL and he knows Eric's tendencies. The drops aren't helping. But the D is keeping us in the game. Hope there are adjustments.

we are not there yet... we are going to have some ugly games... but overall... I am very pleased with Ward.. and not worried about the O long term... As long as we win today i will be happy... Most teams dont run into a team that blitzes every down.. and blitzes 2 dudes 1 in ever 3 downs... I am not too worried long term.. but we need to pull this out

Odd ending

Seemed like we were just trying to lull them to sleep thinking we were gonna take it to half time and try to catch them napping with a deep ball unexpectedly but it was well covered

it might help some if the WR made their blocks too. several bubble screens they didnt hit anyone.. the oline got confused by the blitzes so they changed up the attack to help that.. one of these times you have to slip the bubble and make some blocks so you can get over the top.

We miss Amba. No deep threat to punish stacking the box and blitzes.

Agreed. And I think they've been force feeding Custis hoping that he'd make up some of what they lost in AET, but he just doesn't seem to be reliable / sure handed.

Custis might be the most frustrating player I've ever seen. Cmon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom