Women's Lacrosse - Gary Gait switching sides... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Gary Gait switching sides...

I disagree...I think he is the best available with the names being toss'd around
i only meant because of his son as a recruit. He may be a great coach but it just sends a weird message to the women if their new head coach was picked to ensure his son plays for the men’s team.

i only meant because of his son as a recruit. He may be a great coach but it just sends a weird message to the women if their new head coach was picked to ensure his son plays for the men’s team.
From that perspective I agree but he one one of the better Women's Lax coaches in the country. Usually has Stony Brooke in the top 5

I agree with this, that would be the first thing I'd think if I was being recruited. He may be a great head coach, I hope he's not the pick though

Explain to me since I don't know the answer but why would she be more qualified than Katie Rowan.
I'll explain. She's only been coaching the collegiate level for 5 years. First year at Harvard, got them to massively improve the year she was there. Then made her way over to BC and has gotten them to the NC game each year she has been there, with this last year winning her first NC. BC was a mediocre ACC team before she arrived. Absolutely way more credentials than MT or KR.

Kayla is very rooted in Boston her boyfriend is there and I believe was a big part in why she took the job at Harvard right out of college and has passed on several opportunities to be an assistant at SU. It is interesting that Alyssa Murray-Cometti announced she and Luke are leaving TX and coming back to NY. Michelle Tumolo I would think would be the front runner although she is engaged and very rooted in the NYC area time will tell maybe it will be Spallina after all

I'll explain. She's only been coaching the collegiate level for 5 years. First year at Harvard, got them to massively improve the year she was there. Then made her way over to BC and has gotten them to the NC game each year she has been there, with this last year winning her first NC. BC was a mediocre ACC team before she arrived. Absolutely way more credentials than MT or KR.
yep. She bleeds Orange too, if she gets the call she's taking the job.

Joey Spallina is coming to SU regardless of whether his dad stays at SB or comes to SU. If Spallina is the choice it has little to do with his son.

Kayla is very rooted in Boston her boyfriend is there and I believe was a big part in why she took the job at Harvard right out of college and has passed on several opportunities to be an assistant at SU. It is interesting that Alyssa Murray-Cometti announced she and Luke are leaving TX and coming back to NY. Michelle Tumolo I would think would be the front runner although she is engaged and very rooted in the NYC area time will tell maybe it will be Spallina after all

Hearing Spallina and it's all but done

Joey Spallina is coming to SU regardless of whether his dad stays at SB or comes to SU. If Spallina is the choice it has little to do with his son.
I think he is the most proven of the names mentioned.

giphy.gif

For the sake of the women's program, please let this be true!!!

Spallina is a solid choice great coach Deflise was his assistant already his son is committed to SU would I love Treanor Rowan Tumolo Bloc Murray Majorana to be considered yes yes I would but I can’t argue against Spallina

If true….Wildhack has aced his first test. Clever, shrewd, fan friendly turn events.

friend of mine - former d-1 lax player and huge Cuse fan- first reaction was joking “going to have more people in the dome for men’s lax than football”.

But there’s some truth to that statement. The entire lax world will be watching Gait/Petro first game.

I don’t think it’ll be him so it’s a moot point. I also don’t think a decision has been made, which is what makes Axe’s Tweet even dumber. We shall see what happens. If Kayla is offered the job, she’s taking it. But she hasn’t turned anything down yet. Not sure why someone would say or insinuate that to Axe but he’s very wrong.

So Kayla is only in Boston because of a boyfriend? And she's going to stay there because of a boyfriend?

I don’t think it’ll be him so it’s a moot point. I also don’t think a decision has been made, which is what makes Axe’s Tweet even dumber. We shall see what happens. If Kayla is offered the job, she’s taking it. But she hasn’t turned anything down yet. Not sure why someone would say or insinuate that to Axe but he’s very wrong.

I don't doubt that axe is wrong, hard to see her turning the SU job down. Will say that I could be completely wrong on Spallina but was told for sure a decision has been made and that it was him. 100% on a decision already been made 75% it's Spallina

Last edited:
I don’t think she is in Boston “only” because of her boyfriend who she has been with since they were both at SU but yes I think she decided to pursue a life with him there the assistant position under Gary has been open 3x since she graduated and she didn’t come back. Don’t get me wrong I would love for her to come back she is fantastic I’m just trying to make sense of why she might not

I don't doubt that axe is wrong, hard to see her turning the SU jib down. Will say that I could be completely wrong on Spallina but was told fir sure a decision has been made and that it was him. 100% onna decision already been made 75% it's Spallina
Interesting. if the decision has been made, then it’s definitely not Kayla. I’m sure this is all fast moving too. i do find it odd Spallina gave those quotes to the PS.

Doesn't Spallina still coach an MLL team? Wouldn't that make it unlikely that it's him?

If true….Wildhack has aced his first test. Clever, shrewd, fan friendly turn events.

friend of mine - former d-1 lax player and huge Cuse fan- first reaction was joking “going to have more people in the dome for men’s lax than football”.

But there’s some truth to that statement. The entire lax world will be watching Gait/Petro first game.

Agreed, regardless of whether you love Gait or not these are bold moves that only a top end D1 school can and should make. Petro to me would be an enormous coup. Shay to me was the home run hire but this isn't far behind and keeps the program in house and with Deskos blessing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom