Gbinije is going to have a BIG senior season... | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije is going to have a BIG senior season...

If G starts at point, where does that leave Joseph? Tough for Kaleb to get better if he's only going to be a sub. However, it could turn out good for him if G gets moved all over. I sure am anxious to see our lineup moves in the early games.

If G starts at point, where does that leave Joseph? Tough for Kaleb to get better if he's only going to be a sub. However, it could turn out good for him if G gets moved all over. I sure am anxious to see our lineup moves in the early games.

I am starting to get the feeling that Jb is going to start Kaleb at the point, but G will wind up playing most of the minutes there.

I am starting to get the feeling that Jb is going to start Kaleb at the point, but G will wind up playing most of the minutes there.

I don't share that belief. Looking forward to the start of practice this weekend, so things can start sorting themselves out.

Not a chance. Mike has a big advantage at the SF. Kaleb will log the big minutes at PG. Bet the house on it.
And it seems our fate will be dependent on several factors:

Gbinje being a consistent star.
Joseph taking a big step up at the point.
Coleman being a solid force in the middle.
And - most of all - everyone staying healthy.

Why would I be joking? Most of our shooters have good sr year's after being targeted by fans for their first 3 years. Plus, we will have a couple of shooters with him to help take the focus off of him.
I don't disagree but I only asked because he is many peoples favorite punching bag. I think if his minutes can go down then he could have a good year but if they don't it will be a similar thing. To me this means Joseph and Malachi need to be ok at the top of the zone when they play there.

Alot of people missed how much better Cooney got last year. He rarely if ever shot off the dribble as a sophmore. And he started making his end of game shots more off the dribble as opposed to off motion as the season went along, which is a BOLD statement on his part. He will be our second option early on this year.
Only way I imagine his minutes getting cut down 5mpg is from his hustle on the defensive end (which would be a good thing).

Curious to see how Dajaun, Roberson and Kaleb pullup or attack off the dribble they all showed signs they were only one year away last year from stepping up and becoming a solid 2nd option. Rak went from 4th to 1st last year.

Last edited:
Alot of people missed how much better Cooney got last year. He rarely if ever shot off the dribble as a sophmore. And he started making his end of game shots more off the dribble as opposed to off motion as the season went along, which is a BOLD statement on his part. He will be our second option early on this year.
Only way I imagine his minutes getting cut down 5mpg is from his hustle on the defensive end (which would be a good thing).

Curious to see how Dajaun, Roberson and Kaleb pullup or attack off the dribble they all showed signs they were only one year away last year from stepping up and becoming a solid 2nd option. Rak went from 4th to 1st last year.
Wait. This post was riddled with second options towards the end. Now, we have second options? You're running out of options!
It's like one of Jim's crazy hurricane trackers. I just don't get it. :eek: But it is always fun to see these. :)
noaa_hurricane_tracker_744.jpg

And it seems our fate will be dependent on several factors:

Gbinje being a consistent star.
Joseph taking a big step up at the point.
Coleman being a solid force in the middle.
And - most of all - everyone staying healthy.

You forgot to say stay out of foul trouble.