Gbinije suspended? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije suspended?

Any chance he just tweaked an ankle or something?

No, the fact that the University said they'd comment after the game points to a suspension of sorts, not an injury.

Cuse4ever said:
Until Boeheim retires the NCAA is going to be all over our ass. Amazing that a scumbag like Calipari seems to avoid any bs like this.

Or maybe Calipari is just playing by the rules? At some point we need to look in the mirror and stop accusing and trashing other schools for this crap and take ownership that EVERY year we go through something like this. We have a problem that's obviously not getting addressed and we need to fix it.

Does anyone on the staff actually monitor what the players do beyond what happens in practice?
FWIW, I know that when I was at Cuse (the late aughts) team managers used to check in on the players' classes to make sure they were attending. I don't know much more beyond that

Honestly, this program has become a complete joke. Amazing though, how they still manage to win so many games.

Who are the compliance morons up on the hill?

Or maybe Calipari is just playing by the rules? At some point we need to look in the mirror and stop accusing and trashing other schools for this crap and take ownership that EVERY year we go through something like this. We have a problem that's obviously not getting addressed and we need to fix it.
I like everything about this post and agree with the sentiment...except that you used Calipari. There is simply no way on God's green earth that Calipari is playing by the rules.

2 of the schools he previously coach (Mass & Memphis) both were sanctioned for issues while he was coach. He skated off to the NBA and Kentucky to avoid the fallout. But yes we need better oversight of these rules & regs

Last edited:
two3zone said:

I stopped at "or maybe calipari is just playing by the rules"

Cuse4ever said:
2 of the schools he previously coach (Mass & Memphis) both were sanctioned for issues while he was coach. He skated off to the NBA and Kentucky to aviod the fallout. But yes we need better oversight of these rules & regs

JB can't be bothered with the small stuff.

Boeheim on Gbinije: he'll be back on Sunday

Boeheim: I never tell when we hold someone out. Just a team thing.

According to JB in his presser (via Twitter):

"He'll be back Sunday."

"He's not hurt, it's a team thing. We never talk about that."

So looks like he just broke a team rule.

Oh Boeheim you sly dog you

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL_zps4ksrkone.gif

If you break the rules 1 or 2 times, yeah, the NCAA is an ***hole. But we break the rules year after year after year and we know what the rules are, we're the ***hole right now. Someone needs to take control of this crap.

The rules are such an abomination it is sometimes the only thing that makes me say "why do I even watch college sports"?

I think every school in the top 25 should tell all their players to skip class for a semester and do commercials for Nike. Then we'll see how much the NCAA cares about amateurism. Better yet have Coach K go on the microphone and say that their new recruit won't be going to class at all and will only play basketball and if the NCAA doesn't like it, they can go find another team like Duke to put in the ACC.

I suggest that there are several people who have posted on this thread who owe the program and the coaches an apology.

Nope. Everyone here is quick to point fingers at other programs, yet here we are walking on egg shells yet again.

The silver lining to all this angst is that the "sons" stepped up big time...perhaps because they knew that Silent G wasn't available to replace them.

Thank God I'm not the only one on here who couldn't care any less about Cal. And, let's face it, if he's as dirty as everyone says he is (and if that's the case this program is extremely far from 'clean' so we still can't get that upset), then he's doing it right and we're doing something wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom