General thoughts on Bingo and look ahead to Army | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

General thoughts on Bingo and look ahead to Army

9-4 at half, Marist had a few opportunities to make it 10 or 11 but couldn't capitalize. Army's offense looks lost. Trying to initiate from the midfield with little success.

What in the Sam Hill is going on.

Mid week games especially those on the road are always tough, I also think Army is coming down a little bit from playing PSU and Yale for the first few weeks of the season. I am sure they are a lot better then what they looked like just now in the 1st half but they were bound to come down a bit after those first few games.

9-4 at half, Marist had a few opportunities to make it 10 or 11 but couldn't capitalize. Army's offense looks lost. Trying to initiate from the midfield with little success.
Something I picked up on from the previous games was that Nichtern was the only attack that could really beat his man off the dodge. O'brien is big and has skill but lacks foot speed. Silva is old school crease guy. Marist seems to be slow to slide so they are not "creating" offense for Army. Marist FOGO Peyton Smith, is very good, as I said and that match up is being exploited.

Mid week games especially those on the road are always tough, I also think Army is coming down a little bit from playing PSU and Yale for the first few weeks of the season. I am sure they are a lot better then what they looked like just now in the 1st half but they were bound to come down a bit after those first few games.
Army may have been overlooking Marist with the game against the Orange coming Sunday

12-4 Marist just absolutely rolling. Marist inverting and getting open looks

Rrrred Fox goal! now 11-4

1582060517746.png

Agree with all of this, but just surprised it is quite this drastic. Rutgers has a lot of talent on offense and only managed 4 goals. This is just insanity. 12-4!

Stunned. Lax never ceases to amaze. Can I change my Army pick? Maybe Marist is really good and maybe Binghamton aint that bad.

Something I picked up on from the previous games was that Nichtern was the only attack that could really beat his man off the dodge. O'brien is big and has skill but lacks foot speed. Silva is old school crease guy. Marist seems to be slow to slide so they are not "creating" offense for Army. Marist FOGO Peyton Smith, is very good, as I said and that match up is being exploited.

Agreed 100%, Nichtern was really the main dodger last year but he had some help from Jones who really excelled when teams concentrated on Nichtern. I was a bit surprised Army had so much success initiating from the midfield against Rutty, tells me RU's SSDM are likely not good. Army is also really strugglign at the wings which is very surprising. Smith is a beast though, he's dominating out there.

13-4 Marist now. Marist having a ton of success inverting until they get the right matchup. They just inverted on a shorty and he scored coming around the cage like Rehfuss likes to do. Marist doing a ton of inverting with what I believe are middies unless Army is double polling. Looks like they may be attempting a zone now.

Agreed 100%, Nichtern was really the main dodger last year but he had some help from Jones who really excelled when teams concentrated on Nichtern. I was a bit surprised Army had so much success initiating from the midfield against Rutty, tells me RU's SSDM are likely not good. Army is also really strugglign at the wings which is very surprising. Smith is a beast though, he's dominating out there.

13-4 Marist now. Marist having a ton of success inverting until they get the right matchup. They just inverted on a shorty and he scored coming around the cage like Rehfuss likes to do. Marist doing a ton of inverting with what I believe are middies unless Army is double polling. Looks like they may be attempting a zone now.

Would like to see plenty of Dordevic inverts in our game. He has shown some excellent vision in the first couple games from that spot, along with being almost automatic at drawing a slide, and it clearly is something the team has practiced.

Gave Army all those platitudes including the goalie whose save % is dropping rapidly. Had me convinced after trouncing Rutgers. Gotta be emotions and overlooking Marist but still ...

End of the 3rd: Marist 14-6

Is this the Bizarro world?

Marist appears to be polling Manown and there turning it over at an alarming rate. Good call by Cuse Alum who noted Marist is very slow to slide and its having a major effect. Marist starting getting greedy late in the third trying to double and Nichtern burned them twice to open gusy for goals. Really need to not slide this week when we play them.

End of the 3rd: Marist 14-6

Is this the Bizarro world?

Give Marists staff credit, they have Army scouted well. There getting a little sloppy with the big lead but they have looked like the better team and Army has committed an uncharacteristically high amount of penalties which is unlike them. Marists success at the X is playing a big role as well

15-7 Marist, another man up goal for the Foxes. Gotta admit this score is pretty shocking.

Marist is doing everything right save for covering Silva, man they have left him wide open on the crease a lot.

15-9 Army, Marist getting sloppy and not valuing possession.

15-9: Army with 3 goals in the last 4 minutes. 8:11 left

Army about to go man up, Marist starting to feel the pressure of the lead I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom