Georgetown - Ewing dilemma.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown - Ewing dilemma..

very poor taste... assuming a very misguided attempt at humor...
Nonsense. This is a guy who threw a haymaker at Pearl that would have killed him if it connected. Those Georgetown teams were thugs.

FM3DBp4WQAIcx4d

I think we should be playing them about 4 times per decade. Take a couple years off between home and homes.

I want to play series on campus against programs like UCLA again.
Florida in the dome in 2011 was one of my favorite games Ive witnessed in person.

We gain nothing by beating Georgetown (even if we were beating them) and should drop that series forever.

During the time period that I’ve been a fan I think of Georgetown as our biggest rival. Hard to just turn your back on the opportunity to rekindle the memories of past battles, JB v John Thompson, Pearl v Ewing etc. and throw it aside unless we don’t think we can compete with them going forward.

The Hoyas really screwed up. JT3 was the best man for the job after trying Esherick and they blew it with him. Now they are stuck in this loop of staying in the family. Leaving the family potentially kills off who they are but staying in, with a guy like Ewing, they will continue to flounder.

The Hoyas really screwed up. JT3 was the best man for the job after trying Esherick and they blew it with him. Now they are stuck in this loop of staying in the family. Leaving the family potentially kills off who they are but staying in, with a guy like Ewing, they will continue to flounder.
Georgetown should godfather offer Ed Cooley the job.
DC to Providence is only an Acela train ride apart.
He would be their best candidate.
He knows the conference. Getting kids to Georgetown > Providence.
Better recruiting base.

Of course i hope they keep Ewing for a while.

Between Maryland and Georgetown - 2 former huge programs really struggling just 20 mile’s apart.

This is a big recruiting opportunity for our next coach. This recruiting area, with both those programs really struggling, is very good for us potentially.

Georgetown should godfather offer Ed Cooley the job.
DC to Providence is only an Acela train ride apart.
He would be their best candidate.
He knows the conference. Getting kids to Georgetown > Providence.
Better recruiting base.

Of course i hope they keep Ewing for a while.
Why wish G-town something good?

This is a big recruiting opportunity for our next coach. This recruiting area, with both those programs really struggling, is very good for us potentially.
I don’t know what’s going on there - they have lost most of their high level recruits to other programs. Qudus Wahab, Tre King, Mac McClung, James Akinjo are just the ones I remember transferring who were big name players for them.

They hired a guy they can’t fire. If 0-20 doesn’t get you fired, nothing will.

So It appears Patrick will be back, but two assistant coaches were fired, and Louis Orr’s role will be changed (my guess is he will no longer going out to recruit). Most of us understand Orr’s ineffectiveness as a recruiter. He and Bernie were terrible as a team and it led JB to replace them with Hop and Troy.

They are also looking at hiring a bench coach to help Patrick and the new assistants will heavily focus on recruiting.

So Georgetown is admitting Patrick can’t coach and he can’t recruit - he’s essentially the Queen of England - a figurehead.

What a mess. I actually thought he was going to be a decent coach.

Last edited:

So It appears Patrick will be back, but two assistant coaches were fired, and Louis Orr’s role will be changed (my guess is he will no longer going out to recruit). Most of us understand Orr’s ineffectiveness as a recruiter. He and Bernie were terrible as a team and it led JB to replace them with Hop and Troy.

They are also looking at hiring a bench coach to help Patrick and the new assistants will heavily focus on recruiting.

So Georgetown is admitting Patrick can’t coach and he can’t recruit - he’s essentially the Queen of England - a figurehead.

15 years as an NBA assistant and never really understood what exactly he was bringing to the role he had besides the name. Never struck me as ever a guy ready to be a head coach.

They are doing a bigger version of what Wildhack is doing for Babers.

But if GTOWN is nearly this bad next year, Patrick will magically look to spend more time with family and become a special assistant to James Dolan or something.

Ewing is not there longer term. No way.

Another reason for him not getting fired:
"If Georgetown were to fire Ewing in either of the next two seasons, 2022-23 or 2023-24, it would owe Ewing three years guaranteed salary."