Georgetown game thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown game thread...

You are winning and Rivera has to be a little bitch...I would say stay classy sucktown but you can't stay classy if you weren't to begin with...

It's a loss, but I liked the attacking nature of the second half. Great job by Hop rotating players. Howard and Coleman showed some chops in the second half. Now we have 5 games to get in a flow and get our rotations down. It's important to notice that this team responded to Hop and kept playing hard.

hoopsupstate said:
It's a loss, but I liked the attacking nature of the second half. Great job by Hop rotating players. Howard and Coleman showed some chops in the second half. Now we have 5 games to get in a flow and get our rotations down. It's important to notice that this team responded to Hop and kept playing hard.

Agreed - Syracuse never gives up and we played well down the stretch. Really miss having a defensive presence in the middle. Nice to see Howard and Coleman play well. Somewhat mystified though that KJ did not see more play. Cooney once again takes too many terrible shots which don't get counted as turnovers on the box score but should.

Better second half. Not sure what to say except we just aren't big enough. We'll knock off some pretty good teams this year but there will be more games like this to come. Tough environment to win in with Georgetown at home and at full strength

Get to ACC play with 2 losses and 2 resume wins and I'll take it

I started to make a post, realized I couldn't say this any better and moved to like your post, then I realized I already liked it.

Feel pretty good despite a loss to those bums. Hopkins made it a game simply by using fouls to extend it. I've never seen Boeheim do that with 3:00 to play. Just fantastic. Between that and the substitutions, he did a nice job in respecting Boeheim's system but tweaking it.

I don't think our ceiling is very high with our two senior guards, but this team will find its shooting legs again and beat a few teams. Next season could be really fun. Howard's got good instincts; natural basketball player.

We definitely learned Howard should be part of the rotation. He opens up the defense and is a nice defender. Gtown played the game of their lives for a while which have to give them credit. I pin this one on the ncaa a bit too.. the fact boeheim learns his fate right after our run in the bahamas is questionable timing at the least. Coleman needs to be on the floor a lot more and get more opportunities. Finally the officiating once we started to make a run was just awful and one sided for stretches. Early on the hoyas were hand checking and playing clutch and grab on cutters with mostly no calls... and now in the offensive minded new rules era we get drilled by like 7 offensive fouls which maybe 2 were legit. Use the lessons learned and last 11 mins of this game and get things righted soon hop.

I can agree with that, but I will give the Hoyas no love. Sorry.
Not a matter of giving Gtown love. Just stating the facts. They're not a D2 basketball team by any standards.

Richardson 1-8, 0-5 on 3s. 1 rebound. Cooney 3-11.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep - and can we get a little credit for playing 4 straight games against ncaa tourney teams with only one at home? 6-2 but its not like we are going up against cupcakes at home. Both wisc and gtown were desperate for a big win in ooc too.. add in jbs suspension and stars aligned against us. Gotta learn and move forward.

SU is 6-2 with 5 very winnable games coming up. St. Johns being the only tough team. So the least we should be is 10-3 going into league play, possibly 11-2. Better than most of us thought we should be. And we should have beaten Wisconsin.

Thought Hop did a nice job trying different combinations to get something that worked. He was aggressive. The team played hard to the end. We made a nice run the last 8 minutes to make the game/score respectable when it could have been a 20 point blowout. Howard gave us some defensive toughness and also grabbed 4 rebs. He has good instincts as a PG just doesn't have a reliable shot yet. KJ played like 2 minutes and was out of position on D and got yanked. looks like he's getting pushed out.

SU is 6-2 with 5 very winnable games coming up. St. Johns being the only tough team. So the least we should be is 10-3 going into league play, possibly 11-2. Better than most of us thought we should be. And we should have beaten Wisconsin.
We do that, go .500 in the league and we are in the tournament, hoping to get hot.

Last edited:
Thought Hop did a nice job trying different combinations to get something that worked. He was aggressive. The team played hard to the end. We made a nice run the last 8 minutes to make the game/score respectable when it could have been a 20 point blowout. Howard gave us some defensive toughness and also grabbed 4 rebs. He has good instincts as a PG just doesn't have a reliable shot yet. KJ played like 2 minutes and was out of position on D and got yanked. looks like he's getting pushed out.
Also I like that he snapped back at the trash talking Gtown player.

We do that, go .500 in the league and we are in the tournament, hoping to get hot.

They got hot in the Bahamas and won the tournament there. This team has shown to be good playing in tournaments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom