Georgia must not have played anyone who could pass | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia must not have played anyone who could pass

Oh I hope not. I've got a bail out special on Michigan after that Bulldawg fiasco. :)
What! Notre dame may get in if Iowa wins! I always thought you were a Notre dame guy

Oh I hope not. I've got a bail out special on Michigan after that Bulldawg fiasco. :)

I think Dino got me believing in San Diego State a bit too much. I should have realized that this weekend belongs to the state of Utah. Sigh.

I think Dino got me believing in San Diego State a bit too much. I should have realized that this weekend belongs to the state of Utah. Sigh.
Yup. I threw a little on the Aztecs today

If Michigan wins, you know someone will argue that the four one loss teams should be in while Cincy watches on TV.

If Michigan wins, you know someone will argue that the four one loss teams should be in while Cincy watches on TV.

I’d rather they not be in, as I think they’ll get destroyed by Bama or Georgia, but as long as it keeps out ND, I’m happy.

I’d rather they not be in, as I think they’ll get destroyed by Bama or Georgia, but as long as it keeps out ND, I’m happy.
Cinci is fortunate that Ok State lost today as the Cowboys would have had a far more impressive resume.

I doubt that. Maybe someone like Skip Bayless just to stir people up.

ND would be getting left out because of a team that beat them in ND Stadium.

The ND alums won’t argue they should be in over Cincy.

Me. They aren’t one of the 4 best teams. Isn’t the goal to put the 4 best teams in the playoffs?

Me. They aren’t one of the 4 best teams. Isn’t the goal to put the 4 best teams in the playoffs?

Seems they haven't been putting in the 4 best teams based on some results these past years...

If you read SWC’s post, you’d be arguing that ND should be in over Cincy.

If you read SWC’s post, you’d be arguing that ND should be in over Cincy.

I think there are several teams better than Cincy. Including ND even though they beat them. Pitt is better too.

I think there are several teams better than Cincy. Including ND even though they beat them.

Just wanted to confirm as I think this is ludicrous. That game has to matter. Especially given it was in South Bend.

I‘m not usually a root for the G5 guy, but I’m going to in this case. I’m jealous of Cincy, but I’ll get over it.

Just wanted to confirm as I think this is ludicrous. That game has to matter. Especially given it was in South Bend.

I‘m not usually a root for the G5 guy, but I’m going to in this case. I’m jealous of Cincy, but I’ll get over it.
Outside of the Tulsa game they breezed through the season. I didn't think they could get through unscathed and not only did they win their last 3 games, they won them handily.

The one thing I think you can hold against them is the OOC schedule. If you are a G5 then you shouldn't be able to schedule an FCS and get into the playoffs. You already play an easier schedule in conference. So OOC you should play 2 P5 teams (check), one G5 team (check), and either a 3rd P5 or a name G5 (big fail). Had they played a team like West Virginia or App State instead of Murray State then IMO they are a lock for the playoff. Had Okie State beaten Baylor, I am leaving Cincy out fo the playoffs. We were inches away IMO from seeing 13-0 Cincy out.

If Metchie is out for the playoff (reported that he may have torn an ACL) then who will step up to replace his speed and talent? Last night Metchie was injured at the end of the first half. Bama's second half production on offense was not the same without Metchie. Bama always has answers, but this season it doesn't seem so clear.

If Metchie is out for the playoff (reported that he may have torn an ACL) then who will step up to replace his speed and talent? Last night Metchie was injured at the end of the first half. Bama's second half production on offense was not the same without Metchie. Bama always has answers, but this season it doesn't seem so clear.
I think mr bologna and cheese has eligibility left

I thought SMU or Houston might be the team that would knock them out, (both ranked at the time) but the Bearcats handled both easily. It's not just who you play but how you play. Cincy is a last-second field goal by Georgia in last year's peach bowl away from being 23-0 over the least two seasons. You've got to work hard to ignore that.

I thought SMU or Houston might be the team that would knock them out, (both ranked at the time) but the Bearcats handled both easily. It's not just who you play but how you play. Cincy is a last-second field goal by Georgia in last year's peach bowl away from being 23-0 over the least two seasons. You've got to work hard to ignore that.

Yeah, I mean they had a little rough patch with a couple close games, they were probably getting bored.

But ND nearly lost to Toledo.

The only possible drama is how you seed the obvious 4 given the Metchie injury for Alabama. Will that factor in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom