Get ready | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

Give the choice, I’d take excellence with humility.
Humility is one of the traits that people assign to HCFB when describing him. Having swag doesn't necessarily mean that you're a boisterous self-promoter like Coach Prime. Quiet confidence is a good thing...hoping that this coach goes into every game expecting to win no matter who the opponent is.

Rather than our last coach's approach who, when addressing pregame pressers against the Fl St's and Clemson's of the world, regularly created built-in excuses for the upcoming loss. I despise the "playing not to lose" mentality.

Humility is one of the traits that people assign to HCFB when describing him. Having swag doesn't necessarily mean that you're a boisterous self-promoter like Coach Prime. Quiet confidence is a good thing...hoping that this coach goes into every game expecting to win no matter who the opponent is.

Rather than our last coach's approach who, when addressing pregame pressers against the Fl St's and Clemson's of the world, regularly created built-in excuses for the upcoming loss. I despise the "playing not to lose" mentality.
In all fairness that doom and gloom outlook seemed new this year from Dino, I posted it before , he changed this year IMO. The job seemed to beat him down . He was nothing like that inte earlier years. Excited for the new regime !!

ALL talk. I've seen this movie before.
A couple reliable people have said it's fluid

ATM does not want lose ER.

Top kids from NJ / Philly aren't going to College Station without ER.

The most exciting thing I hope to see from Fran Brown is dragging our football culture from the 1980s to the modern century.

We have a fan base that is stuck in the past.

Part of improving recruiting is getting coaches who are on the same page and know what is needed to change the culture.

Fran stating to recruits that expect 4 day a week of pad practices and more lifting than they ever have done in their lives is part of that foundation.

It's going to be a dramatic shift on the hill.

I'd expect more access as well.

The most exciting thing I hope to see from Fran Brown is dragging our football culture from the 1980s to the modern century.

Part of improving recruiting is getting coaches who are on the same page and know what is needed to change the culture.

Fran stating to recruits that expect 4 day a week of pad practices and more lifting than they ever have done in their lives is part of that foundation.

A&M pays those recruits a lot of money. Did Syracuse all of the sudden get a Daddy Warbucks to fill the NIL coffers? All those schools at the top of the recruiting rankings are paying out big money.

All depends on what Elko does with DJ Durkin at DC so for ERob it’s going to come down to running your own defense at Syracuse or getting a ton of money at ATM to coach DL and whatever other tags they give him. But if it’s not sole DC then what? he has no ties to Texas other than money.

All depends on what Elko does with DJ Durkin at DC so for ERob it’s going to come down to running your own defense at Syracuse or getting a ton of money at ATM to coach DL and whatever other tags they give him. But if it’s not sole DC then what? he has no ties to Texas other than money.
I’m pretty sure Durkin was already let go along w Addazio and a couple of others

I’m pretty sure Durkin was already let go along w Addazio and a couple of others

I have not seen anything official on that yet. It’s a sort of a weird situation because the A&M defense was one of the best defenses in the nation. Looks like most of the guys fired at this point are on the O side of the ball.

Yep and the fact we now know that Dino was told 7-5 will save his job sheds light into his lame strategy of surviving the 3 game so called gauntlet and then beating the easier teams. Nice try Dino. Nice to hear that about HCFB, I like it a lot

What point are you trying to make here?

You have seen a movie where Syracuse hired the best recruiter in the country as its HC?

Are you trying to say that the discussion about the new staff is all talk and none of it is true?

I get you are trying to be hip and cool but at least try and make it clear what you are sick of watching.

When exactly have we seen this movie at Syracuse, deuce shooter? All we have seen are nice little coaches who encourage kids to take all their visits and then watch the Fran Brown’s of the world close on them

Did we land him?
No, and likely won't.

HOWEVER

We weren't even on this cats radar until Fran was hired and he is announcing on 12/19

Final 3 are FSU, Colorado, and Cuse

Fran and ER get him up for a visit in next two weeks, who knows?

This kid is a level of prospect we haven't even gotten a courtesy sniff from in decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom