Get ready | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

You said that you could care less about the tactical ability of the staff. It was an incredibly stupid comment
Here is my exact text below. Where did I say I could care less about their tactical ability? I said I don’t care one bit if this staff falls “a little short” initially. But you can twist it however you want in order to call people’s comments stupid if that makes you feel good. Happy holidays my friend.

I do not care one bit if this staff falls a little short initially on the X’s and O’s. Get the talent here. If we lose a couple close games because we get outcoached but are battling tooth and nail with the top dogs, I’m totally fine with that. 9-3 and we lose a few close games to Florida State, Clemson and a high ranked non conf game. If that happens, will we really complain they have no coaching experience? Give me talent any day of the week!

Here is my exact text below. Where did I say I could care less about their tactical ability? I said I don’t care one bit if this staff falls “a little short” initially. But you can twist it however you want in order to call people’s comments stupid if that makes you feel good. Happy holidays my friend.

I do not care one bit if this staff falls a little short initially on the X’s and O’s. Get the talent here. If we lose a couple close games because we get outcoached but are battling tooth and nail with the top dogs, I’m totally fine with that. 9-3 and we lose a few close games to Florida State, Clemson and a high ranked non conf game. If that happens, will we really complain they have no coaching experience? Give me talent any day of the week!
You're saying who cares if we get outcoached -- we're winning 9 games! I'm saying that is a very unlikely scenario. I would agree that if we're winning 9 games, who cares. But if they can't coach we're not winning 9 games

You're saying who cares if we get outcoached -- we're winning 9 games! I'm saying that is a very unlikely scenario. I would agree that if we're winning 9 games, who cares. But if they can't coach we're not winning 9 games
No. I’m saying that if I had to choose one, I’d take talent over a great coaching mind. People are fixated that we might be getting a green coach. But if he can attract great talent, that should outweigh his lack of experience. And even if he gets outcoached a game or two, we should have the talent to keep it close unlike now.

No. I’m saying that if I had to choose one, I’d take talent over a great coaching mind. People are fixated that we might be getting a green coach. But if he can attract great talent, that should outweigh his lack of experience. And even if he gets outcoached a game or two, we should have the talent to keep it close unlike now.
Ok, well I respectfully disagree with that opinion

Ok, well I respectfully disagree with that opinion
Who wins in this hypothetical? Dino Babers with the Georgia roster or Kirby Smart with the SU roster? I’d take Dino and the Georgia roster. I guess you’d take Kirby and Cuse. That’s cool. It’s all personal opinion. I’ll drop it.

Who wins in this hypothetical? Dino Babers with the Georgia roster or Kirby Smart with the SU roster? I’d take Dino and the Georgia roster. I guess you’d take Kirby and Cuse. That’s cool. It’s all personal opinion. I’ll drop it.
That is of course the most extreme example. If we had Georgia level talent yeah I don't care who is coaching either

690West OrgTruckPat
Thinking about picking this up during the off season and using it next year for QB54. We can utilize it like the Miami turnover chain; get an INT, we breakout the chain.
I don't know why, but when I read this I immediately heard a radio commercial:

QB54, when you're buried at the bottom of the depth chart, but still want to look good.

What is ED do for work now? He still in Syracuse?

IMG_7552.jpeg

If anyone with a subscription to those forums wanted to post what the A&M fans are saying I would reward you with a like

From the interwebs…

“Elko is concerned that Erob holds too much power in the locker room and there’s been a rift between the two. Elko is worried he won’t hold enough power & respect with Erob on staff.”

From the interwebs…

“Elko is concerned that Erob holds too much power in the locker room and there’s been a rift between the two. Elko is worried he won’t hold enough power & respect with Erob on staff.”
I.e. he gone and now we are making up stuff to justify losing a coach they wanted to a third tier program from the east.

I.e. he gone and now we are making up stuff to justify losing a coach they wanted to a third tier program from the east.
The NJ State playbook

Agreed. If we don't land the talent we hope for, and if the results on the field stink, that'll be a bummer. No one should be claiming this is a sure thing. But I, for one, am excited that we're taking a different route.

The program has largely been doing things the same-ish way for 20 years. The results have been crummy. Let's take a big swing. If we miss, we'll get someone else in charge for 2027.
Agree… i mean, we just won 1 game a few years ago. Not like I haven’t seen brutal seasons already.

LSU board is convinced Erob sucks & Elko was the guy who got all the recruits and had all the success lol

Elko... Everytime I see him during games, I call him Blood pressure Elko because he's as red as a tomato.

I'm sure there is some truth to the A&M riff above.

The kids at A&M that ER recruited, are basically there for him and because of him. They are his guys and he is their guy.

There will be some movement when the changes finally go down.

We won't land all the transfers and currently committed kids who may decommit.

But we will get some, and their "ranking" are far above the normal ranking of recruit we have been landing for the last twenty years.

There will be other kids who will decommit and go to other big programs which will domino how other prospects play out at other schools too.

It's going to be a full and fun two weeks and then two month stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom