Get ready | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

Classic. I was lost but now am found.

Unfortunately I'm fickle.
OIP.smyh8s0vS9EYq9U1Z6-yhAHaMH

I do not care one bit if this staff falls a little short initially on the X’s and O’s. Get the talent here. If we lose a couple close games because we get outcoached but are battling tooth and nail with the top dogs, I’m totally fine with that. 9-3 and we lose a few close games to Florida State, Clemson and a high ranked non conf game. If that happens, will we really complain they have no coaching experience? Give me talent any day of the week!

I do not care one bit if this staff falls a little short initially on the X’s and O’s. Get the talent here. If we lose a couple close games because we get outcoached but are battling tooth and nail with the top dogs, I’m totally fine with that. 9-3 and we lose a few close games to Florida State, Clemson and a high ranked non conf game. If that happens, will we really complain they have no coaching experience? Give me talent any day of the week!
We were already losing close games and we had guys with experience. Can't be worse.

The unfortunate reality is that talent does not guarantee anything. Thinking we can walk our way to 9-3 every year with just talent is very foolish imo

The unfortunate reality is that talent does not guarantee anything. Thinking we can walk our way to 9-3 every year with just talent is very foolish imo
Of course. Consistent 9 win seasons is really hard to pull off anywhere. You need talent and coaching and admin and booster support. But starting with talent at a school that has suffered from talent deficiencies is a nice shift

After Mullen didn't happen and Fran's name came up - I was on board pretty much immediately for him at that point because we need above all else a talent infusion. And I'm sorry but name your MAC head coach, or Bob Chesney, or guys who were OC's already here weren't driving that bus. You don't even get rumored with a guy like Elijah Robinson on staff let alone land him with any of those guys other than Mullen.

This is going to be fun. Young guys with some juice and pepper in some seasoned experienced assistants. Yeah, hang on and enjoy the ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom