Getting sick of fellow SU fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Getting sick of fellow SU fans

Quite frankly, I'm sick of being a bubble team in each of the last 3 years. We've lost 13, 14, 14 and 41 over the last 3 years.

To give you a bit of an idea how bad that is, that's the most in any 3 year stretch since the end of the 1960s.

With the fan base and resources, this should not happen.

18-14 with this group is pretty amazing.. would it better to be 18-14 and have beat the 3 BE teams and lost the ACC games? that wouldnt have gotten us in either?

OK I'll stop being subtle.

18-14 is not a good record, our OOC is a disgrace, and I'm pretty darn sick of mediocre regular seasons.

Losing to Georgetown and St. John's every time we play them is friggin ridiculous. And UConn was horrid this year, especially when we played them.

That was a dark, dark time. It needs to not happen again. Those teams blow.

that's exactly the problem, everyone here is so bipolar. bashing gillon after the first gt game forgetting he single handedly won us the nc state game.

all I'm saying is I'm jus as passionate an SU fan as anyone else on this board except I can put things in perspective of this being just a game

1. The TEAM is bi-polar. The reactions pretty much match the play.
2. Everyone thinks he/she has the proper perspective. Insisting yours is the only appropriate perspective is where the ridiculousness begins.
3. Just to argue your 'logic:' maybe if you're not as upset as other people, you're not actually as "passionate" as you think you are.

Two first round draft picks and two fifth year seniors. A lot of people thought Lydon would be first team All ACC. We were preseason top 20.

Boy he really coached em up this year.

who are the 2 1st round draft picks? and 2 srs who have really never played in high level games all that much.

Funny how our record has dropped once we moved to a tougher league and we had no depth. Dukes got 2 guards with better college resumes than ours but they stayed longer is that the coaches fault too..

maybe we should fire Izzo too for flaming out last year and having 14 losses this year..

all people do on this board after loses is complain. Lydon isn't good enough to go pro. jb had a horrible coaching game. gillons offense was terrible. it's always something. I would love to see any one on this forum play better than anyone on this team or coach better than a 41 year veteran coach. I get it, we are all upset this team hasn't lived up to it's potential. and somehow we still have a chance at the tournament. if we get into the NIT then we will most likely play more games than we would in the NCAA so just enjoy the last couple games we have with this team either way. idc how bad this team is I will always remember awIII for the awesome year he had here and gillon for his heroics in big game situations. that's what I will take out of this year, not anger and how poorly we played.

Sometimes it takes a bad post like this one to remind us just how good this board is.

who are the 2 1st round draft picks? and 2 srs who have really never played in high level games all that much.

Funny how our record has dropped once we moved to a tougher league and we had no depth. Dukes got 2 guards with better college resumes than ours but they stayed longer is that the coaches fault too..

maybe we should fire Izzo too for flaming out last year and having 14 losses this year..
Lydon is a first round pick this year.
Battle is a first round pick next year.
Andrew White played in the Big XII and Big Ten. This year was not harder on him.

Our coaching staff can't even fill up the roster with our limit of scholarships. Also we have horrible guard play and ZERO guard commits for 2017.

Former Big 10 player Andrew White "never played in high level games." Huh.

Also I never advocated for firing anyone. But this has not been some great coaching job by JB.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of being a bubble team in each of the last 3 years. We've lost 13, 14, 14 and 41 over the last 3 years.

To give you a bit of an idea how bad that is, that's the most in any 3 year stretch since the end of the 1960s.

With the fan base and resources, this should not happen.

I agree completely but we were accused of harboring a pedophile, that's not the best kind of press to have while you are recruiting high school kids. The fact we made it to the final four a few years after that while also recruiting one and done's is a testament to our fan base and resources.

We will recover from this but I cannot say I'm all that surprised. We should have sued ESPN and others but they chose to put it behind us instead. Who knows what the right move was.

I don't need to be an apple to determine if the one I'm holding is good or rotten.

Ya, and I don't need to take a bite out of a rotten, stinking fish to know it's bad

I would love to know what you consider critique and what you consider complain/trashing?
criticism should be positive in nature and at it's best have a logical solution to the argument.

all people do on this board after loses is complain. Lydon isn't good enough to go pro. jb had a horrible coaching game. gillons offense was terrible. it's always something. I would love to see any one on this forum play better than anyone on this team or coach better than a 41 year veteran coach. I get it, we are all upset this team hasn't lived up to it's potential. and somehow we still have a chance at the tournament. if we get into the NIT then we will most likely play more games than we would in the NCAA so just enjoy the last couple games we have with this team either way. idc how bad this team is I will always remember awIII for the awesome year he had here and gillon for his heroics in big game situations. that's what I will take out of this year, not anger and how poorly we played.

You can't have a fanbase that puts 35k in a stadium for home games that isn't going to be devastated after a game which significantly hurts our chances of making the tournament. Those two things are irreconcilable.

Former Big 10 player Andrew White "never played in high level games." Huh.

Also I never advocated for firing anyone. But this has not been some great coaching job by JB.

I missed all the big time ncaa games he played in there.. ZERO.

All the important games he played in Conf tourneys.. ZERO

All the top 20 teams he played against and won.. ONE

ALL the zone he played.. hmmm

Gillon the same..

To think these 5th yr guys werent involved at a much higher level then ever before is crazy

You can't have a fanbase that puts 35k in a stadium for home games that isn't going to be devastated after a game which significantly hurts our chances of making the tournament. Those two things are irreconcilable.

But it's how you behave when you are "devastated" that speaks to your own personality and personal characteristics.

I missed all the big time ncaa games he played in there.. ZERO.

All the important games he played in Conf tourneys.. ZERO

All the top 20 teams he played against and won.. ONE

ALL the zone he played.. hmmm

Gillon the same..

To think these 5th yr guys werent involved at a much higher level then ever before is crazy

First of all, Nebraska beat two teams en route to the quarterfinals last year. One of which was Regional Semifinalist Wisconsin. So you're clearly wrong there.

Second of all, "Playing in meaningful games" means beating top 20 teams?

it means playing in games that have some value riding on them. Not saying he didnt play in some of those types of games but far different playing on them when you are 11-18 and trying for an upset and playing in them when you are trying to make the NCAA or a senior in your last hurrah..

Give me a break, if you want to be a big time program as we are, recruit bog time kids, as we do, and give huge support win or lose (30k for GT last sat) ...then yes, its all part of being "big". Deal with it and yes, this team is a hot mess. No player development, no offensive sets run, its all one on one and a prayer. Give me a break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom