Girard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

8 games in and Joe shooting 52 pct from 3 and hitting over 3 a game. When is the last guy to start that hot? White? Or further back to say Rautins or Wes?

I remember scoop was shooting a really high number for a while albeit with fewer shots.
Cooney his sophomore year.

it is weird. We seem to be scoring a lot but to say the offense flows well to me is tough. We have 4 shooters who don’t really create their own shots. Hopefully two of the 4 get hot at all times. If not we score 24 points in the first half.
I think with a better PG the offense flows better. But roster construction isn’t joe fault.

The Boeheims can create their own shots when they aren't being mugged.

8 games in and Joe shooting 52 pct from 3 and hitting over 3 a game. When is the last guy to start that hot? White? Or further back to say Rautins or Wes?

I remember scoop was shooting a really high number for a while albeit with fewer shots.
White hot.

Not sure how it’s irrelevant since JB has consistently either taken him off the ball or even just sat him upon having pressure defense.

Take it up with the HoFer.

That’s an exaggeration. Last night Joe played 37 mins and Sy 12. They only applied pressure for 12 mins? Joe didn’t turn the ball over once bringing the ball up against pressure. Of course when he was doubled he got rid of the ball as he’s supposed to and of course when he and sy were in together, 9 mins, Sy brought the ball up since he is better at it. But the idea (which you didn’t specifically say here but others have) that Girard can’t get the ball past mid court is just another board exaggeration.

We also have three guys shooting at least 90% from the line so far. This and the Joe 3pt stat are really impressive. Now if only Buddy and Cole can get their 3pt % up!

Wow. WOW. what a performance. JB took a little pressure off him by using Jimmy against the Press and Joe killed it. He is a true gamer.

Kid is a different player without Covid.

FIFY.

with all due respect, your point is irrelevant because he is our best ball handler and we badly need him to break pressure, at least unless you want to play Torrence 30 minutes plus. Buddy isn’t going to break a press with his handle.
no hes not Symir is our best ball handler

Cooney his sophomore year.
The Coon Dog will always be a favorite. He hunted shots like a beagle on the sent. His hunger was insatiable kid had to ice his arm after each game:)

That’s an exaggeration. Last night Joe played 37 mins and Sy 12. They only applied pressure for 12 mins? Joe didn’t turn the ball over once bringing the ball up against pressure. Of course when he was doubled he got rid of the ball as he’s supposed to and of course when he and sy were in together, 9 mins, Sy brought the ball up since he is better at it. But the idea (which you didn’t specifically say here but others have) that Girard can’t get the ball past mid court is just another board exaggeration.

This is like the sixth straight game teams have hunted Joe before half court. Not only do other D1 coaches see it, but JB has constantly had to switch up bringing up the ball.

We can agree to disagree. But I’ll agree that he can “get the ball up the court” which is the minimum you would expect a JV basketball player to be able to do.

This is like the sixth straight game teams have hunted Joe before half court. Not only do other D1 coaches see it, but JB has constantly had to switch up bringing up the ball.

We can agree to disagree. But I’ll agree that he can “get the ball up the court” which is the minimum you would expect a JV basketball player to be able to do.

Just so it’s clear, I have complimented Joe on:

- clutch shooting
- entry passes to the post after a screen and the big went low. Btw, he’s also looking for it which not a ton of guys are not.
- I’ve said the starting lineup should be Symir with Joe in the back court.
- ideally being off ball / secondary ball handler when he gets to have that role.

Just before people are in here hating on me bc I’m not wearing a GF varsity jacket.

Last edited:
if Joe gets the ball up once, he can get the ball past mid court per your argument. you win. Congrats

Certain people love making absolute assertions of opinion as fact

My biggest concern is it takes him a long time to break that pressure which gives us less time in the half court. Symir blows by it. They are two different players who compliment each other well. I am hopeful that they both continue to improve like they have over the past few games.

Your acid takes are really a sad reflection of your fandom.

My biggest concern is it takes him a long time to break that pressure which gives us less time in the half court. Symir blows by it. They are two different players who compliment each other well. I am hopeful that they both continue to improve like they have over the past few games.
I have noticed that Girard has been getting the ball up court faster lately. Torrence has been doing that all year.

But I think it’s important to minimize the wear-and-tear on Girard so that he has enough legs left to shoot effectively in the last few minutes of games.

I kind of wish folks would stop talking about what JG “can’t” do. He is doing what is asked. His most important attributes are guts and making shots.
IF this was a breakout game for Cole, I don’t know who teams will try to take away. Joe’s range is just incredible. Teams having to guard our guys at 25’ should allow Jimmy and Jesse to have free reign.

You might want to watch a replay.

if Joe gets the ball up once, he can get the ball past mid court per your argument. you win. Congrats

Once? LOL.

Once? LOL.
Yes, that’s essentially what you are debating.

what would you like the guidelines to be for “our starting point guard has problems getting the ball up the floor against pressure.“

you seem to be stuck on “he can’t”

Yes, that’s essentially what you are debating.

what would you like the guidelines to be for “our starting point guard has problems getting the ball up the floor against pressure.“

you seem to be stuck on “he can’t”

No, that’s your debate to deflect from my post. You too should watch the game over from last night. Then get back to me. Some of you act like he turns it over any time there is pressure of any kind.

No, that’s your debate to deflect from my post. You too should watch the game over from last night. Then get back to me. Some of you act like he turns it over any time there is pressure of any kind.
i dont dicuss what “some” people say, if you want me to talk about that I think Joe has difficulty with pressure but played really well in the 2nd half against it, would be happy to. Also not interesting in debating specific games or moments. I’m talking about the totality of the season. if I’m wrong, I’ll be thrilled because we’ll be really good. Last year, I wasnt wrong, yet some folks still didn’t take the L from last year. Is what it is.

You might want to watch a replay.

Of what?

[Edit]

I have no idea what your argument is. I’ve complimented the kid on a number of items.

To think it’s debatable that teams aren’t hunting is to be blind.

Honestly, I like the kid. If you want to have this battle, so be it, but this is bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom