Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay

Similar competition, similar margin.

Our SRS was better last year that 2012
I guess I’d feel a lot better about things if we could score 29 and throw for 300+ and put up 455 yards in losses to good teams.

Makes it feel like you have a shot.

Soon as you saw how we couldn’t move the ball against Clemson, you knew the game was over.

We actually outgained USC and had 10 more first downs than them.

I am emotionally attached to Babers. So much of my little one’s life has involved Orange during his tenure.

I enjoy not having Briles-type scandals.

Accepting behaviors from slimy coaches just because they win isn’t my style.

Reasons for him stay, not really. More like reasons I don’t wanna see him go.
Syracuse has been my mother and I's thing my entire life and she felt the same way about Boeheim. She held on as long as she possibly could.

I guess I’d feel a lot better about things if we could score 29 and throw for 300+ and put up 455 yards in losses to good teams.

Makes it feel like you have a shot.

Soon as you saw how we couldn’t move the ball against Clemson, you knew the game was over.

We actually outgained USC and had 10 more first downs than them.
And our idiot coach punted from the 32 and got scored on five seconds later

I just think it's weird that season is fondly remembered and last year is fireable

Last edited:

I just think it's weird that season is finally remembered and last year is fireable
I don’t think last year is fireable. It’s the only one in the last 4 that wasn’t, though.

Jury is out this year, we’ll see how it finishes.

Even knowing that 0-3 was likely, this middle section was about as uninspiring as it could possibly be. Our offense is horrific.

I just think it's weird that season is finally remembered and last year is fireable
I agree that 2012 is overrated. We had a nice 4 game win streak.

My blood pressure and anxiety levels on fall Saturdays is much lower than when I was younger… I have a lot more time to rake leaves… I can prioritize watching Liverpool on weekends without my wife getting mad at me for double dipping on soccer and football… I actually enjoy watching big matchups like todays Washington vs Oregon game

Continuity. We’re making some inroads in New Jersey recruiting. Let’s make it pay off.

Yeah, as we are currently 12th in the ACC in recruiting, even with our new NJ connections.

But I will promise one thing. The person I hire won't try a fg down 21 pts late in the 3rd quarter. Or punt like in last weeks game. By the way, Dino still has 5 winnable games before we reach that point.

It is still within the realm of reason that we can win 4 of the next 5 games, and have a terrific season, at least on paper. Bye week to get your heads on straight, and let's see if the season is done or not for these players.

It's time...In his presser when asked how to get to the player level of Clemson, NC, FSU he said it takes time to develop ...8 years is a long time ..also what bothered me is his laughter, flip attitude and joking at a press conference after a game you just lost 40-3..if you didn't know the score you would have thought we won...it was like we can't beat teams like that so we're just having some fun...the only positive is there are some good young players who I would hate to lose ...the new game like it or not is about buying players ..."hey son, do you want a nice locker room or 200k a year" ??? stop worrying about facilities and put that money into the transfer portal.

Yeah, it's weird, but maybe Dino already knows it's his last year.

My biggest issue with Dino lately is that he isn’t the coach he was

The electric coach, the aggressive no fear coach

If Dino would coach like he did his first two years, id be all about it

But the coach we have got since 2020 is not the coach we started with

Well, in hindsight, it appears that that was mostly Sean Lewis.

At least 2.

Don’t get me wrong, 2012 was a nice team. But it gets lauded here a bit too much.
It's because it covered the bases for everyone.

You want meathead football? You love that team.

You want us to throw the ball and play up tempo? That team was the first we saw like that in a Syracuse uniform.

At least 2.

Don’t get me wrong, 2012 was a nice team. But it gets lauded here a bit too much.
2012 beats 2018 by at least two touchdowns. 2012 was a real team.

The coaches doing that recruiting will get poached by B1G or SEC schools when they see what they are doing here
With our easy schedule next year a good hire to replace Dino could easily 1 and done and be gone before that Tennessee game.

The last 5 games look a lot harder than they did a couple weeks ago I wouldnt take 3 wins for granted. There’s no reason to change coaches if we go 7-5. If we don’t I think everything is on the table.

At least 2.

Yeah, looking at this team and who they played (and how poorly), I'd kill myself if this is who we were right now. (And unfortunately, we are not that far away from this level.)

Lose 4 of your first six to Rutgers, Minnesota and Northwestern, and OK, USC. And we even lost to Cincinnati (without Brian Kelly, I believe). Not a good season.

Everyone creams their jeans over winning eight games in 2012 and we want to fire a guy who could win eight
People cream their pants because from 2005-2012 it was SU’s second winning season.

From 2013-2022 we have 3 winning seasons.

Syracuse has 5 winning seasons since 2005. That’s it. Dino has 2 of them.

With as little winning SU has had since ‘05 we have only had 4 head coaches. We give our coaches a lot more leash than other programs would if they only had 5 winning seasons in 17 years.

Yeah, looking at this team and who they played (and how poorly), I'd kill myself if this is who we were right now. (And unfortunately, we are not that far away from this level.)

Lose 4 of your first six to Rutgers, Minnesota and Northwestern, and OK, USC. And we even lost to Cincinnati (without Brian Kelly, I believe). Not a good season.
We were missing Pugh early on. NW went 10-3, they were good.

That NW game we were screwed by that horrible late hit call.

Team rounded into form. Blew out a good Louisville team and hammered WVU in the bowl game.

People cream their pants because from 2005-2012 it was SU’s second winning season.

From 2013-2022 we have 3 winning seasons.

Syracuse has 5 winning seasons since 2005. That’s it. Dino has 2 of them.

With as little winning SU has had since ‘05 we have only had 4 head coaches. We give our coaches a lot more leash than other programs would if they only had 5 winning seasons in 17 years.
I’m actually surprised we didn’t hire back Pasqualoni. Rutgers and Pitt went back to the well with Schiano and Majors. Not now but a decade ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom