If Dino would coach like he did his first two years, id be all about it

But the coach we have got since 2020 is not the coach we started with

My biggest issue with Dino lately is that he isn’t the coach he was

The electric coach, the aggressive no fear coach

He’s definitely a different coach. Lost his mojo

He’s definitely a different coach. Lost his mojo
Style of play is a lot like Shafer, now.

He’s basically Shafer without the insanity. Plays to flip the field, eat clock, and hope to not get blown out, while a completion of further than 10 yards feels like a huge accomplishment.

I have been off the Dino bandwagon for a few years now. That being said, there is no way they do anything without the rest of the season playing out. If we lost a few of the last five, they could pull the trigger before the end of the season but right now I don’t see it.

Mathematically speaking, we could still go 9-3 plus a bowl win. Unlikely? Of course it is. Still this season has to play out. If we go 6-6 or even 7-5, then JW will have a decision to make. At that point, I think it will all come down to what the bigger boosters want to do.

Over on the basketball board there’s discussion about the new A.D. at Washington and how it affects Mike Hopkins. Let’s keep in mind JW didn’t hire Dino and he doesn’t need his wagon hitched to a coach that is losing the fan base and the boosters. That may make all the difference if it comes down to that.

At any rate. As much as I lack faith in Dino, long-term, I think you have to wait until the end of the season to see how things ultimately play out. Unless, of course, it all falls apart before then. His ACC record during his tenure is a huge sword over his head and only JW knows how little it will take to sever the thread.

Everyone creams their jeans over winning eight games in 2012 and we want to fire a guy who could win eight

Our SRS was 50th before today. It will go down but not that much

We were 37th last year

I don't think anyone is going to do that much better with shrader throwing the ball. So if you're going to fire him, you fire him for QB recruiting.

Do I care if he gets fired, no. But I don't care if he doesn't.

If we fired Dino after 2019, Dino's replacement would be getting fired this year.

Multiples of 4 don't work.

Sean Lewis would be the dream

He is making $800k this year. What does Dino make? I'm sure we can pay triple that

Style of play is a lot like Shafer, now.

He’s basically Shafer without the insanity. Plays to flip the field, eat clock, and hope to not get blown out, while a completion of further than 10 yards feels like a huge accomplishment.
He is very emotional. He talks about belief without evidence but has falls apart when he didn't have evidence. He didn't trust his QB and coaches like it. He needs to find one for next year because he can't survive the w/l record you'd get with cdrw as your starter

Everyone creams their jeans over winning eight games in 2012 and we want to fire a guy who could win eight

Our SRS was 50th before today. It will go down but not that much

We were 37th last year

I don't think anyone is going to do that much better with shrader throwing the ball. So if you're going to fire him, you fire him for QB recruiting.

Do I care if he gets fired, no. But I don't care if he doesn't.
All of the losses in 2012 were competitive. We didn’t lose 41-3. We actually tied for a league title too. Yes, an easier league. But still.

I think Dino is around $4 million a season
Wouldn't need $12 million (Deion is at $5 million)
So we could pay Sean Lewis 5x what he is making now to be the Syracuse Head Coach

All of the losses in 2012 were competitive. We didn’t lose 41-3. We actually tied for a league title too. Yes, an easier league. But still.
The top 3 teams we played ended up ranked 20th, 28th, and 31st. They lost all 3 of them.

FSU and UNC are top 10. Clemson is 26th and we lost by 17. USC beat SU by 13 in 2012

We stink against top 10 teams. Teams like us that play three teams in a row like this aren't going go to do well.

The top 3 teams we played ended up ranked 20th, 28th, and 31st. They lost all 3 of them.

FSU and UNC are top 10. Clemson is 26th and we lost by 17. USC beat SU by 13 in 2012

We stink against top 10 teams. Teams like us that play three teams in a row like this aren't going go to do well.
Scored 29 against USC. First round pick OL, NFL QB. I think we were better.

I’ve thought it through. Here are my reasons…

You say I only hear what I want to
You say I talk so all the time, so

And I thought what I felt was simple
And I thought that I don't belong
And now that I am leaving
Now I know that I did something wrong
'Cause I missed you
Yeah, yeah, I missed you

And you say I only hear what I want to
I don't listen hard
Don't pay attention to the distance that you're running
To anyone, anywhere
I don't understand if you really care
I'm only hearing negative, no no no (bad)
And so I, I turned the radio on I turned the radio up
And this woman was singing my song
Lover's in love and the other's run away
Lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay
Some of us hover when we weep for the other
Who was dying since the day they were born
Well, well this is not that
I think that I'm throwing but I'm thrown
And I thought I'd live forever but now I'm not so sure
You try to tell me that I'm clever
But that won't take me anyhow or anywhere with you

You said that I was naive
And I thought that I was strong
I thought, "Hey I can leave, I can leave"
Oh, but now I know that I was wrong
'Cause I missed you
Yeah, I missed you

You said you caught me 'cause you want me
And one day you'd let me go
You try to give away a keeper
But keep me 'cause you know
You're just so scared to lose

And you say, stay
And you say I only hear what I want to

Firing the coaching staff every 4 years and starting over hasn't worked.

Maybe every 10 years is the magic number?
Yep , I’m just mentally having a hard time getting ready for “ You have to give him 3 tears to get his recruits in. Just depresses the hell out of me .

My biggest issue with Dino lately is that he isn’t the coach he was

The electric coach, the aggressive no fear coach

Yep.

He's a step away from being full meathead.

Scored 29 against USC. First round pick OL, NFL QB. I think we were better.
Similar competition, similar margin.

Our SRS was better last year that 2012

When we brought in Dino we were sold on this exciting brand of offense. We saw flashes of that early on in Dino's career without his recruits. At the time I was excited because I thought man if he is doing this with someone else's team can you imagine what he can do with the players he handpicks to come in? Our offense is terrible now...

So I thought we were getting an offensive guru and because his offense would be good we would have to deal with other aspects of coaching that he lacks... Now our offense is bad we really have nothing to hang our hats on. Dino does not excel in one aspect of coaching and I would struggle to find an aspect of coaching that he is actually good at...

Not all seasons are the same so I am not tied to a magical 6-6 or 7-5 and we must keep Dino. Sometimes a 5-7 season can be because of excellent coaching and sometimes a 7-5 can be in spite of terrible coaching.

Yep.

He's a step away from being full meathead.
Seems like he’s had too many seasons with the QB getting hurt tanking the rest of the season. He’s trying to get out of these games with minimal damage. He used to at least make you believe we had a shot in these games. It’s kinda sad, really, he was so exciting once upon a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom