Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

I would imagine Jimbo going to take some time off before his next gig. Wouldn’t you?
Most likely, but who knows his state of mind and just maybe he is one of those that has to coach to live types.

Now that those A&M boosters have been burned, I'm sure they will never ever commit to a buyout like this again. Nope...never going to happen again.
the big winners continue to be sports agents.

Now that those A&M boosters have been burned, I'm sure they will never ever commit to a buyout like this again. Nope...never going to happen again.
Jimbo had that great 2020 season when they finished in the top 5 and the boosters were afraid he was going to LSU. On a much smaller scale we freaked out after 2018 and just had to lock Dino out (not throwing stones, I was one of the posters on here demanding the contract extension). Maybe the higher ups have learned to take a step back and evaluate that maybe in Dino's case 2018 was the outlier to that point and if someone wanted to pay him goofy $ then let him walk.

David Shaw.
Wow what a name. Former 2x Rose Bowl winning coach. Was the hottest name in college football for nearly a decade. Stayed loyal to Stanford only to crash and burn.

Was talked about for all the top jobs including NFL jobs.

Would I trust him to come in and turn things around here? I don’t know. He’s basically a west coast lifer. It’s hard to see him want to come grow roots in Syracuse. But I’d definitely be open to it.

What about Ken Dorsey?

Ken Dorsey - Wikipedia

Honestly not a terrible choice. Former NFL QB. NFL QB coach and NFL coordinator. I could see lots of good qb’s wanting to play for him. He would definitely have to surround himself with a good staff. Not a bad idea for any college to take a chance on him.

David Shaw.
Listened to a podcast he was on, he sounds like he will be going to the NFL on his next stop. I would bet if Harbaugh jumps to the NFL he will be on his staff. Made it pretty clear he is done with college football more or less, but I guess you never know

Honestly not a terrible choice. Former NFL QB. NFL QB coach and NFL coordinator. I could see lots of good qb’s wanting to play for him. He would definitely have to surround himself with a good staff. Not a bad idea for any college to take a chance on him.
I like Ken, he will land on his feet. Smart, quirky dude. Not advocating for him at Syracuse but I wonder what it will look like at his next stop not under McDermott and Allen

Well, Dorsey was fired today, so he’s available.
Given his previous fame as competitive out of control angry coach after a failed play last year, I am not so sure how he would look as an HC on a sideline. Though I am sure it would result in a few laughs and probably a few public apologies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom