"Go get your Pulitzer somewhere else..." | Syracusefan.com

"Go get your Pulitzer somewhere else..."

He actually held on and was professional for most of it, but then right at the end he lost it and turned back into a 7th grader again.

You can almost sense the finish line.

Yeah. He's a SOB up there but you gotta love the loyalty to the players. He rarely throws them under the bus and will lie through his teeth to do so. "We played great today." "I have no problem with how the guards played." You can tell he loathes being up there.

Yeah. He's a SOB up there but you gotta love the loyalty to the players. He rarely throws them under the bus and will lie through his teeth to do so. "We played great today." "I have no problem with how the guards played." You can tell he loathes being up there.
Yup! Exactly. He makes no effort at all to mask his disdain of any questioning of individuals play, team play, or coaching strategy. Curmudgeon mode was in full bloom tonight.

Sounds like a guy who "couldn't be happier with [his] team."

After a loss, I like his press conference more than I do his coaching.

I really hope this is Jim's swan song. He's attained all the professional goals he is going to get. Its time for Hopkins to get his shot.

John Wooden knew he was ready to quit when he dreaded facing the media after beating Louiville in the semis of his last title run, maybe time for JB to go

I like Boeheim but what's the sense of even having press conferences. Even though BMK had a good game, I wanted to know the status of Coleman.

Not sure why people are surprised. He has been this way for 37 years. I have no issue with it. It is who he is. The thing I love about him is he NEVER throws his players or coaches under the bus and would defend them 100% which is what I would want if I were a player and or a parent of a player.

You can say he got outcoached. Players play and I had more issues with the way our players played last night than the way JB coached. Coaches cant give players toughness. Coaches cant give players the will and desire to box out and grab a rebound.

After 37 years he should be used to it.
No one likes to talk after a loss.
But Boeheim doesn't even like it after a win.

Anyone recall his post-game 1987 news conference after beating UNC to get to the Final Four?
It took Rony Seikaly to put things in perspective by interrupting the invective with the classic line, "Coach, we just won, we didn't lose."

Whether he cares or not, he still comes off as juvenile.

And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, he has a VERY WEAK explanation of why Fair stopped getting touches with the game on the line.
As the only guy on the team who consistently can score inside, outside, mid range and go to the hoop...he HAS to get the ball.

I am wondering if he has already made the decision that he is stopping after this year, and it is affecting him emotionally. He indicated previously that he would want to stay for the first year of the ACC, but now I am wondering. . . .

anybody asking for JB to hang it up should have their head examined. It's hard to win. He does it as well as anybody. New coach will surely mean our share of What losses will increase.
Absolutely. SU fans have been spoiled royally for 37 years. The chances we have another future HOF coach on the bench to take his place are extremely minimal. In fact, the best chance we have for continued success is to have Hop learn from Boeheim for longer. Hopefully JB weathers this storm the rest of the year and comes in reinvigorated with a new class next year.

anybody asking for JB to hang it up should have their head examined. It's hard to win. He does it as well as anybody. New coach will surely mean our share of What losses will increase.

I was watching the "Reggie Time" 30 for 30 the other day. Towards the end, they were talking about the Patrick Ewing drive to the lane where he missed a bunny lay-up that could've sent the Knicks to the Eastern Conference finals. The team knew after Ewing missed that layup that the run for that group was over.

I feel the same way about Boeheim. He's earned the right to coach abother 10 years if he wants. But it just feels like his run is over. It feels like its Hopkins turn.

Coaches cant give players toughness. Coaches cant give players the will and desire to box out and grab a rebound.[/quote]

Jamie Dixon does.

Absolutely. SU fans have been spoiled royally for 37 years. The chances we have another future HOF coach on the bench to take his place are extremely minimal. In fact, the best chance we have for continued success is to have Hop learn from Boeheim for longer. Hopefully JB weathers this storm the rest of the year and comes in reinvigorated with a new class next year.

Libero, what "storm" is does he have to weather?

Is it the unhappiness of a few malcontents who want to fire any coach after two losses to two of the top teams in the Conference? Is that the "storm" you are talking about?

JB leaves on his own schedule and pretty much when he damn well feels like it. The University just cashed the check from game with 35,000 paying customers. We have been in the Top 20 pretty much the whole year. Does anyone with an actual brain think that JBs job is in danger?

Coaches cant give players toughness. Coaches cant give players the will and desire to box out and grab a rebound.

Jamie Dixon does.[/quote]

I always put it it on the players. Go out and make a play. You cant tell me that he doesnt push these guys. I hate wasted talent and there are some players on this team who are wasting their talents because they are soft.

Not sure why people are surprised. He has been this way for 37 years. I have no issue with it. It is who he is. The thing I love about him is he NEVER throws his players or coaches under the bus and would defend them 100% which is what I would want if I were a player and or a parent of a player.

You can say he got outcoached. Players play and I had more issues with the way our players played last night than the way JB coached. Coaches cant give players toughness. Coaches cant give players the will and desire to box out and grab a rebound.

..coaches have the ability to put the correct players on the floor at all times. Jimmy has been HORRIBLE at this for most of the season. I totally understand blind loyalty for a guy who has been here as long as many of us have been alive (or longer)... but we are not an uneducated fan base. He acts like we all are at times, as if he knows more than any man alive when it comes to hoops.

Well Jim... i guess we are all idiots for being upset that energy guys like Grant never see the floor (despite JSouth clanking 50 footer after 50 footer), or giving Dejuan a chance (when their 400 lb thug is destroying our pencil-thin centers of Baye and Rak), or for being baffled that EVERY game our best player (CJ) doesn't see the ball for the last ten minutes. Hell, i was even begging FOR cooney last night for the first time ever. Hard to play any worse than Triche did.

Shame on us loyal fans for being so dumb i guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom