Go Iroquois | Syracusefan.com

Go Iroquois

Most SU flavor.

Not one SU player on Canada, one regular one alternate on Team USA.

Explains a lot about the last five years.
Absolutely, Desko's recruiting has been highly questionable the last few years. And then, there's the X...

He has run out of rope.

It's actually rather disheartening to see the US team with a dearth of Syracuse players. Sucks, actually. No coaches either.

It's actually rather disheartening to see the US team with a dearth of Syracuse players. Sucks, actually. No coaches either.
Yeah, the last time we had a Syracuse coach on a USA team, bad things happened. I'm looking forward to seeing the Iroquois play. Strange to see a non-Gait Canadian wearing #19.

Most SU flavor.

Not one SU player on Canada, one regular one alternate on Team USA.

Explains a lot about the last five years.
Contrarily, Hopkins has 5 alums & a coach on the U.S. squad...& no Final Fours since 2008.

Roster breakdown has nothing to do with how good the college teams were and doesn’t explain anything about Syracuse. Especially when you consider there are 5 Hopkins kids. Their last title was 2007.

Roster Breakdown:

Hopkins – 5
Maryland – 3
Cornell - 3
Duke – 2
Penn State – 2
UNC – 1
UMass – 1
UMBC – 1
Army – 1
Syracuse – 1
Ohio State – 1
Salisbury – 1
Colgate – 1

Anyhow, I’m pulling for the Iroquois, having grown up in the shadow of the Onondaga Nation they’re our home team.

Contrarily, Hopkins has 5 alums & a coach on the U.S. squad...& no Final Fours since 2008.
Squad composition often follows coaching staff composition.

Besides, I'm not sure how many ex-Orange even tried out. I can't imagine Joel White would not have been chosen.

I got my Onondaga tshirt and Cuse hat ready to go to the double header tonight! I've got a few friends relatives asst coaches on Iroquois. Me being an Onondaga Central grad no shortage of connections there.

After reading about the loss of a legend in Orangeyes I wasn't going to post. Well I figured he would always want the opposite of that on the board.
Went to the double header last night. At first it seemed a cancellation was very likely as we had literal monsoon rains/hail and sever thunderstorm alerts for Dick's Sporting Goods Park. We waited an hour inside our vehicle in the parking lot wondering if we were going to get hit with a tornado ect.

Finally the alert was lifted and the first game got underway an hour and a half late, Japan vs. Australia. It was a great game! Went to sudden death with Australia winning. Finally the main event got started and England scored the first two goals. They had some solid representation in the stands with big flags and they were going nuts. They awoke the Cracken, as after what looked like a bit of rust (passes off by inches, etc). the Iroquois went into total domination mode. England was out classed. I was most surprised by the Iroquois defense that held tight until the O woke up. Their offense is a thing of true beauty and resulted in a 15-4 victory.

Got to meet the Thompson's cousin Bill O'brien who trains them. Great guy, and huge too by the way. I consider it a great quality in a person when they remember your name after having a conversation. We talked for a bit after he was seemingly very happy to see somebody in an Onondaga tshirt. He told me about the strategy they were going to deploy and said, not to worry about the defense, because they'd be running and scoring so fast that they still have a chance to win it all. He predicted USA v Iroquois in the gold game, and of course the Iroquois winning.

Anyways, we got out of there after 11pm. It was a great experience as I have not gone to many lax games ever and this was my first pro game (only SU previous). I will be attending everyday I can (not today).

Vaughn Harris 12 of 15 at x. Why can't we find room for him?

Laxpower has him listed as a transfer to SU next year.
I'd feel more condident but I don't recall, in their coverage of OCC's title run & these World Championships, either the PS or IL identifying him as a 'Cuse commit as they've repeatedly done with Warren Hill. Hopefully a reporter will ask him about his future plans at some point during this tournament.

I'd feel more condident but I don't recall, in their coverage of OCC's title run & these World Championships, either the PS or IL identifying him as a 'Cuse commit as they've repeatedly done with Warren Hill. Hopefully a reporter will ask him about his future plans at some point during this tournament.
I'll see if I can get more info on his situation today at the tournament.

Big game tonight. Take out Canada and they locked into the next round

Harris issue is getting academically qualified for Syracuse. If he has the grades he will be there but its definitely far from a lock.

Staats and Jameison have missed a ton of opportunities. Very undisciplined, a lot of cheap shots by the Iroquois.

Watched the whole game. What a downer to stay up til 1am on a work night only to see them lose oh well.

The Iroquois were really sloppy tonight, bad decisions, errant passes and one on ones into double and triple teams, and seemingly man down the hole game. They struggled at the X but the Canadian kid is the best FOG in the world. Managed a lot of shots but either missed cage or were stoned. The Canadian goalie was lights out. The comeback was great but to little to late – even during the comeback they played poorly and made way too many mistakes.

Ward will start in goal next year for Syracuse. He’s a stud goalie and I just don’t see any way Wardwell (or Ferrigan) will beat him out. His reflexes are lighting quick, he’s mobile, active, sees the ball. He also throws lazar outlet passes to get into transition. I haven’t really seen him allow a bad goal. Last night everything he gave up was right on the door step – shoddy D in front of him. He made a some high light reel saves. He’s the real deal.

Lyle Thompson last night had one of the sickest moves I’ve ever seen. You have to go find the replay. Right side pipe extended he was dodging left against Brody Miller. Stopped, planted with his left foot to go back right and (instead of doing a swim move from left to right) he literally went behind his back with the stick (stick in left hand transferred to stick in his right hand behind his back) and when the stick got into his right hand – in one motion - he rifled a fish shot that just missed top pipe. It was ridiculous, had the shot gone in it would have been the sickest play in the history of lacrosse. Go find the replay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom