Go Iroquois | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Go Iroquois

10-8 over Scotland w/o LT, who is at the ESPY's.

Play Canada tomorrow night.
If your team meant anything to you, you would be at your game, and not at the freakin' ESPY's. Oh Lord

Give me a break. I'm sure you'd pass up the ESPY's and a chance to represent your sport and your nation on national TV. As a young 29-something, born on a poor, backwoods reservation. Ok. More power to you.

orange79 said:
If your team meant anything to you, you would be at your game, and not at the freakin' ESPY's. Oh Lord

Give me a break. I'm sure you'd pass up the ESPY's and a chance to represent your sport and your nation on national TV. As a young 29-something, born on a poor, backwoods reservation. Ok. More power to you.
Yep, I surely would. What the hell do the ESPY's mean, anyway? Nothing. And when my team - my national team - is playing in a single elimination game? You're damn right I would be at the game. So I guess more power to me.

His father is a coach.

My guess is that it was more a situation of, "we got this, go represent" than anything else.

Yep, you are hypothetically a team-first type of guy.

orange79 said:
Yep, I surely would. What the hell do the ESPY's mean, anyway? Nothing. And when my team - my national team - is playing in a single elimination game? You're damn right I would be at the game. So I guess more power to me.

Would LeBron pass up a single elimination playoff game to go to the ESPYs?

Obviously LT wouldn't do it w/out the team's consent, but there is no question it is a head scratcher, from a team sports perspective. I guess the FILs don't matter. It's not like it was the birth of his kid or anything. a 10-8 win is not exactly a 'we got this' kinda situation. But, whatever, I am not the coach. Anyway, if the coach and players don't care, then it doesn't matter.

He could have easily done a live@ segment from Denver. What did he even do at the ESPYs? Sit in the Audience? Will he be ready to rock for the next game?

As a sophomore, I was tracking towards a starting spot at DE, but one day my flaky self forget to bring his football pants home from the laundry. My HS coach took away my starting spot. I didn't learn much from that except that sophomores do not get preferential treatment.

WOW ALOT of anger from some posters about the Thompsons. Lyle one handed attacks, no fundamentals, cant do it against top competition etc... like Tiger Woods sit back and enjoy the best player (least offensive player) and most popular player to ever play lacrosse. By the way the argument that he never made the final four is lame. The idea that albany actually matters in lax the last couple of years is because of Lyle/Miles. That team wins three games tops without them. By the end of next year he will have the most points in Ncaa history blowing past Pannell who played for 10 years

WOW ALOT of anger from some posters about the Thompsons. Lyle one handed attacks, no fundamentals, cant do it against top competition etc... like Tiger Woods sit back and enjoy the best player (least offensive player) and most popular player to ever play lacrosse. By the way the argument that he never made the final four is lame. The idea that albany actually matters in lax the last couple of years is because of Lyle/Miles. That team wins three games tops without them. By the end of next year he will have the most points in Ncaa history blowing past Pannell who played for 10 years

Your knowledge base doesn't go all that far back I guess. Most popular player to ever play lacrosse?? Wow...

A critique is not anger, it's not hate, it's a person's observations. As you see from the title of the thread and most of the comments people here are pulling for them, so not sure why you are so worked up.

It's pretty evident that the team has issues, in particular on defense, and that the flash isn't translating into dominance.

And the Gaits and Powell's might not agree about the best/popular player ever tag.

GoSU96 said:
A critique is not anger, it's not hate, it's a person's observations. As you see from the title of the thread and most of the comments people here are pulling for them, so not sure why you are so worked up.

It's pretty evident that the team has issues, in particular on defense, and that the flash isn't translating into dominance.

And the Gaits and Powell's might not agree about the best/popular player ever tag.

Hater!

Hill - I hope they don't try to change him too much technique wise!

Cook - I don't think you will see him going to Cuse.

Vaughn Harris will finish up at OCC and try to get to Cuse in 2015. Not just a fogo either!

Oakley Thomas - I hope we are looking at him!

love Kedoh Hills game also!

The other def we will be looking at at OCC is Tyson Bell from Canada!

Hill - I hope they don't try to change him too much technique wise!

Cook - I don't think you will see him going to Cuse.

Vaughn Harris will finish up at OCC and try to get to Cuse in 2015. Not just a fogo either!

Oakley Thomas - I hope we are looking at him!

love Kedoh Hills game also!
Buddy, do you know if hill has graduated from OCC and will be at SU in fall, or does he still have to finish in fall then to SU in Jan? Really would be helpful to have him compete in fall based on how quick games start in winter now a days.

I'm watching a replay of the Iroquois Canada game. There is a moment at 3:29 of the 2nd that sums up the Iroquois upside and downside perfectly. Lyle Thompson receives the ball all alone on the right side of the cage. A Canadian defender gets to him just in time to hold him from spinning to the front of the cage. Lyle is not strong enough to bull past him, nor the Canadian's defense slipshod enough that Lyle could pivot past or around him. So, almost in slow motion, Lyle attempt to setup his overthe shoulder no-look shot. All the while two Iroquois, 88 and 81, are all alone on the right side of the cage, big time.

As Lyle sets up his shot, 88 points to 81 and I assume, screams 'he's open'. A 4th Iroquois player right in front of Lyle does the same. So, in one frame you have two Iroquois pointing to a 3rd whom is standing on the doorstep. Meanwhile 2 other Canadian defenders finally come into frame. Lyle looks like he's in quicksand as he takes his shot. The goalie scoops it up and it goes the other way. Canada ultimately goes on a 10-2 run over the remaining two quarters. Tough pass to make, but had he been looking to pass it would have been an easy score.

After his amazing season, I wonder if he was simply shocked there were humans in the world whom could actually defend him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom