Gonzaga Coach Says NCAA Admits Sweet 16 Error | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga Coach Says NCAA Admits Sweet 16 Error

I don't see the big deal. If they blew it based on rule, I can see why the called Few. They've done that other times, even in football, when it's rule based. For those wondering why not call JB? It wasn't rules based. It was a ref making a bad judgement call.

I haven't seen when the NCAA called Few. It may have been a day or two after the game and Few is just now telling the AP.

Syracuse is getting the New England Patriots treatment from the media. It really is crazy how similar both teams get everything negative in the news.

Both fanbases are rightfully sensitive and ESPN doesn't care they just do whatever their rights holding partner asks.

We all know exactly why it is coming out now. Another reason to show we "don't belong." This run is a big middle finger to the NCAA and they will do anything to discredit our school, team, and coach. If they had released the story last week it would have died. By releasing it just prior to the FF it has given the haters another reason to say we don't belong. An unbiased journalist would also point out that we had an egregious call by an out of position ref that almost cost us that game.

SU is a threat to the NCAA golden geese of UNC and Duke. The Carolina schools are cash cows for the NCAA each spring. While I believe that SU deserved sanctions, the severity of those sanctions are not commensurate with the severity of the violations. We were one step away from the death penalty folks. The NCAA saw SU as a threat to the Carolina schools that make the money so they lowered the hammer.

The NCAA cannot DQ us from being in the Final Four so they are doing everything they can to discredit us. There is only one thing to do: Win the whole f$#%ing thing. Then smile and say: "Thanks for the motivation."

Let's Go Orange!!!!!

The NCAA hates Boeheim, and JB hates them. One guy in the same place for 40 years...not much more to it than that.

Controversial calls, yes. Most controversial, I don't know.

That phantom over-and-back call in the NCAA Tournament against Marquette still takes the cake. Don't get me wrong, I was a bit livid at the phantom out of bounds call last week as well.

Sorry...I meant more quantity. It seems like whenever there is a weird play he is usually involved. Good or bad. Probably because he plays 39 min per game.

The over the back was a terrible call but some of the blame is on Scoop. It was the wrong call but scoop didn't know the rules either and him trying to make sure he didn't go over the line almost made it seem like he made an error. I will never understand why he didn't just start in the back court. That was pretty infuriating. I will say I liked him in the end but Sccop was probably one of the most frustrating players I have seen play for Cuse (I didn't watch in 80's or 90's).

My respect for Mark Few went down on this. To make this public when his team got a second chance to win on a blow call against us is really petty.

I wouldn't have had a problem with it had it come out right after the game, but you wait a week to complain about it, thats weak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom