Good night B1G... | Syracusefan.com

Good night B1G...

OSU done.

State Penn done.

Only one left is Wisconsin. Even if they go 12-0 it would be a travesty for them to get in given their insanely soft schedule.

Yeah, Wisconsin doesn't deserve to be in with that joke of a schedule, but if they win out they will be there.

Wisconsin is fine if it wins out. Whomever they beat in the title game would be a top 10 team... But they won't.

I, for one, will be quite pleased to see my alma mater in the Final Four. It will be refreshing. But yeah, Big 10 is weak.

Badger Beadle

I, for one, will be quite pleased to see my alma mater in the Final Four. It will be refreshing. But yeah, Big 10 is weak.

Badger Beadle

Wisconsin winning it would be cool just because it would be someone different and also give me hope that a school like Cuse can get there. I just don't want to hear all the insufferable BIG fans if Wisky wins it all. Hoping Clemson keeps winning and takes it all again. If the SEC gets two teams in, the other conferences will be screaming for an 8 team playoff to happen quickly.

Wisconsin is fine if it wins out. Whomever they beat in the title game would be a top 10 team... But they won't.

PSU will def fall out of the top ten, probably same for OSU. No one else on their schedule is even in the top 25. Most wouldn't fit in the top 50.

If two out of Clemson, ND and OU run the table and UGA/Bama are undefeated til the SEC title game then there is no path for Wisconsin.

This week’s topic will be undefeated Wisconsin, 1 loss OU, 1 loss Clemson, 1 loss ND, Alabama and Georgia both undefeated going into SEC championship and play an instant classic.

Which 2 stay home?

Then next week that scenario probably won’t hold, as someone will lose.

And RU beats Maryland...

Strange day indeed

This week’s topic will be undefeated Wisconsin, 1 loss OU, 1 loss Clemson, 1 loss ND, Alabama and Georgia both undefeated going into SEC championship and play an instant classic.

Which 2 stay home?

Then next week that scenario probably won’t hold, as someone will lose.
I think you get the SEC champ + Clemson + OU + Wisconsin

SEC runner-up and ND stay home, and a lack of a conference championship is used as the reason.

SEC runner-up and ND stay home, and a lack of a conference championship is used as the reason.

I'm not so sure OK makes it through the regular season without another loss. They have to play TCU and WVU still. Clemson looks to probably have the easiest path left.

I don’t want to hear anything about Ohio State anymore this year.
They got their a$$ kicked today.

All these analysts talk about their NFL DL and how they pass the eye test.
They have been torn up 2 weeks ago and beatdown by Oklahoma.
Committee should drop them to the low teens.

I'm not so sure OK makes it through the regular season without another loss. They have to play TCU and WVU still. Clemson looks to probably have the easiest path left.
I don't think that they do, either, but the hypothetical in question I was responding to assumes they they do.

I don’t want to hear anything about Ohio State anymore this year.
They got their a$$ kicker today.

All these analysts talk about their NFL DL and how they pass the eye test.
They have been torn up 2 weeks ago and beatdown by Oklahoma.
Committee should drop them to the low teens.

If Barrett lights up a few more DII teams and plays a good quarter vs Michigan I'm sure he'll be right back in the Heisman race.

So Wisconsin would get in with one top 25 win while ND would have five and a one point loss to #1. Okee-dokee. Not to mention that Wiscy would be a double digit dog against either UGA or Bama. In Madison.

So Wisconsin would get in with one top 25 win while ND would have five and a one point loss to #1. Okee-dokee. Not to mention that Wiscy would be a double digit dog against either UGA or Bama. In Madison.
The B1G has a lot of political pull. ND does, too, but not anywhere close to as much as the B1G.

That's especially true given that the ACC is going to do anything possible to keep BD out because A) it would mean they go to the OB (I think) so the ACC would make bank, and B) it would be more of an incentive for the Irish to join a conference.

Maybe I'm cynical, but I'm hesitant to undersell the importance of backeoom deals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom