Good night B1G... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Good night B1G...

So were saying the Cuse gets at least 1 more win and Rutgers gets 1 more win and the battle for the big apple is on in the Pinstripe?

I don't see how Rutgers gets 2 more wins.

I don't see how Rutgers gets 2 more wins.
The B1G will get them a bowl with 5 wins and the ACC would get the Orange a bowl with 5 wins. And I believe the Pinstripe would kill to have a Syracuse/Rutgers matchup and a totally full stadium.

The B1G will get them a bowl with 5 wins and the ACC would get the Orange a bowl with 5 wins. And I believe the Pinstripe would kill to have a Syracuse/Rutgers matchup and a totally full stadium.

They might not get to 5, and I don't think they will get a bowl game with 5 wins, too many 6 wins teams will be there.

There are many losses to be had. The committee will not be eliminating a 1 loss Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Clemson team... no way all 3 go undefeated. We will be debating 2 loss teams by the time this is all done.

A one loss Alabama is interesting. Their schedule is bad. One loss ND deserves it over one loss Bama IMHO. If the Tide got left out, playoff expansion would move up the ladder.

There are many losses to be had. The committee will not be eliminating a 1 loss Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Clemson team... no way all 3 go undefeated. We will be debating 2 loss teams by the time this is all done.

I'd take the other side of that bet.

Bama and UGA will be one loss or less teams. Then two of the following five will be one loss teams- Clemson, Miami, ND, OU and TCU. I think Wisconsin has no business being considered given their hideous schedule unless the CFP runs out of one loss teams.

I'd take the other side of that bet.

Bama and UGA will be one loss or less teams. Then two of the following five will be one loss teams- Clemson, Miami, ND, OU and TCU. I think Wisconsin has no business being considered given their hideous schedule unless the CFP runs out of one loss teams.

Michigan is going to take care of Wisconsin.

If ND doesn't get in at 11-1 this season, so it goes. Part of the deal being a football independent.

Try to do better next year and win them all. No sour grapes here if ND gets left out as an indy at 11-1.

Man, I can't get enough of this. It's super admirable.

I wonder how many young ND fans, recruits, and current players feel the same way?

I wonder how many young ND fans, recruits, and current players feel the same way?
I just tell my ND family they are 3/8s Independent.
It gets under their skin.

ND only controls 4 games on their schedule.
5 ACC, Navy, Stanford, USC,
They hate it’s a de facto conference schedule.

Yep. Same amount as us.

My favorite argument is that they need to play a national schedule for recruiting. Meanwhile, everyone pulls kids in from everywhere.

winner gets to place the sign in Left field

winner gets to place the sign in Left field
You are on to something there. They could have something along those lines like a large mock up of the trophy in the lobby area that the conference and winner gets to put their signs on.

I haven't asked millions of people their opinion, but my guess is quite a few.

I like the current setup and status quo. I have no complaints about ND's current sports status.

ACC fans like to say "quasi-independent" until ND threatens to make the playoffs.

Then, ND is "not an ACC member" and ACC fans root for teams like Miami to beat them.

I like the current setup and status quo. I have no complaints about ND's current sports status.

ACC fans like to say "quasi-independent" until ND threatens to make the playoffs.

Then, ND is "not an ACC member" and ACC fans root for teams like Miami to beat them.
Why would ACC fans want a school that won’t split their playoff money to beat a conference member.
If Notre Dame were facing a Big Ten or SEC team I am sure the ACC fanbases would back them.

Miami over ND basically guarantees the ACC a playoff team.

Thus rooting for Miami is obvious.
If ND were a ACC full member ACC fanbases likely don’t care.

ND is a quasi FB member they play 5 conference games rather than 8.

No, I understand why ACC fans are rooting for Miami.

I brought that up to highlight that ND is a football independent with a scheduling agreement.

When ND played 3 Big Ten teams per year, its football program was not a "quasi Big Ten member", either.

No, I understand why ACC fans are rooting for Miami.

I brought that up to highlight that ND is a football independent with a scheduling agreement.

When ND played 3 Big Ten teams per year, its football program was not a "quasi Big Ten member", either.
There wasn’t an agreement with the Big Ten office to determine the Big Ten opponents for Notre Dame.
They played Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State every year.

The ACC selected the Notre Dame opponents and Notre Dame gave the ACC office 5 dates to schedule those opponents ergo Notre Dame had no control on who they play on those dates and are a quasi ACC football member.

If Notre Dame was playing 3 different Big Ten teams each year then your point is valid.

Looks like they have a rotating schedule of home and homes with one B1G team each year. MSU in 16/17, Michigan in 18/19, Wisconsin in 20/21 and Ohio State in 22/23.

There wasn’t an agreement with the Big Ten office to determine the Big Ten opponents for Notre Dame.
They played Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State every year.

The ACC selected the Notre Dame opponents and Notre Dame gave the ACC office 5 dates to schedule those opponents ergo Notre Dame had no control on who they play on those dates and are a quasi ACC football member.

If Notre Dame was playing 3 different Big Ten teams each year then your point is valid.

No ACC logos on the field or uniforms.

Home games televised by stand alone OTA deal with NBC.

7 games per year not controlled by a conference.

ACC games don't count in conference record/standings.

ND not eligible for division or conference titles.

Separate Orange Bowl deal.

ND football is not a part of the ACC,"quasi" or otherwise.

24 other sports fully in ACC; hockey in the Big Ten.

Whatever you want to call this arrangement unique to ND, I and many Irish fans prefer it to "cookie cutter" full membership in a single conference.

No complaints here about the arrangement.

No sour grapes if 11-1 ain't good enough.

Why would ACC fans want a school that won’t split their playoff money to beat a conference member.
If Notre Dame were facing a Big Ten or SEC team I am sure the ACC fanbases would back them.

Miami over ND basically guarantees the ACC a playoff team.

Thus rooting for Miami is obvious.
If ND were a ACC full member ACC fanbases likely don’t care.

ND is a quasi FB member they play 5 conference games rather than 8.

ND being CFP competitive is good for all of college football cuz it jacks up the ratings which is the basis for the price of the next TV contract. This topic has been discussed here ad nauseam. The effect on SU either way is so marginal that it's not worth the fuss.

Yep. Same amount as us.

My favorite argument is that they need to play a national schedule for recruiting. Meanwhile, everyone pulls kids in from everywhere.
I can't speak for SU, but I know we didn't, don't, and probably won't pull in anywhere near the numbers of kids from Cali or Texas that they regularly do.

Yep. Same amount as us.

Quick check of their first string offense and defense showed the following states represented: FL, ILL (2), CA (2), TX, NJ (2), MI, SC, NC (2), IN, PA (2), NC (2), MD, TN, OH, NV, NY , LA and British Columbia. Eighteen different states or Canadian territories. I'd hazard a guess that no other team comes anywhere near that geographic diversity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom