Good summary of Dion & a poll | Syracusefan.com

Good summary of Dion & a poll

that video was well done, it shows shooting, passing and defense

The Journal Times‘ Gery Woelfel reports that the Phoenix Suns, which hold the No. 13 pick in the draft, are the team.

"So which team has allegedly “promised” to take Syracuse guard Dion Waiters. I’ve been told by two NBA officials that it is the Phoenix Suns, who pick right after the Bucks."
SI JT

That's only IF Dion slips that far, of course. I could still see him going anywhere from 6-11 pretty easily, so they'd better have their fingers crossed or be planning on moving up in the draft.

I've read the linked article and watched the video, but I still can't find God's summary ;)

on a side note, "God's Word" would make an excellent nickname for a truly dominant player

I've read the linked article and watched the video, but I still can't find God's summary ;)

on a side note, "God's Word" would make an excellent nickname for a truly dominant player
Problem is only a couple of people can change headlines.

Whew! I thought this was somehow related to that Creationism/evolution thread on the OT board.

new poll: Is evolution, creationism, or intelliigent design responsible for forum headlines being unchangeable by mere mortals?

That's only IF Dion slips that far, of course. I could still see him going anywhere from 6-11 pretty easily, so they'd better have their fingers crossed or be planning on moving up in the draft.
Yes, it's a promise that he'll need to call in only if he makes it to 13. Don't the Raptors pick 8th?

new poll: Is evolution, creationism, or intelliigent design responsible for forum headlines being unchangeable by mere mortals?

I bet JB can change those headlines.

well%2Byou%2Bdid%2Bask%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bsign%252C%2Bgod.jpg

Aldridge:
"And he's gonna hunt. You don't have to force that dog to hunt."

Yes, it's a promise that he'll need to call in only if he makes it to 13. Don't the Raptors pick 8th?

From what I've heard, the Raptors are trying to trade the pick, and a lot of teams are looking to move up. And having Waiters and DeRozen on the floor at the same time is kinda redundant in my opinion. Lillard would make more sense if they go guard.

From what I've heard, the Raptors are trying to trade the pick, and a lot of teams are looking to move up. And having Waiters and DeRozen on the floor at the same time is kinda redundant in my opinion. Lillard would make more sense if they go guard.
Ok, thanks, I didn't know about the trade attempts, and I agree about DeRozen. Based on the reported 'interest', maybe they're looking to take Dion just to trade for another player. No doubt the front offices will be considering every option in the next 2 weeks. It'll be fun to watch the draft this year with all the 'Cuse players up for grabs -- although I think Scoop and KJ may have to sign FA deals in order to slide into an NBA rotation.

I don't think Scoop will find a spot in the NBA, but I would think if KJ can prove he's healthy, he should be able to find a spot somewhere. Then again, I thought Rick Jackson would find a spot somewhere as well.

I don't think Scoop will find a spot in the NBA, but I would think if KJ can prove he's healthy, he should be able to find a spot somewhere. Then again, I thought Rick Jackson would find a spot somewhere as well.
Scoop is more likely to latch on somewhere. KJ is a dime a dozen in the NBA; why waste a roster spot on a SF that has bad knees, can't really dribble, is inconsistent from deep, and can't rebound? Scoop is a pure PG and could at the worst play a Toney Douglas type role for some team. Scoops proven he can be a pass-first PG who knows how to win and can be a leader; that's valuable.

Scoop is more likely to latch on somewhere. KJ is a dime a dozen in the NBA; why waste a roster spot on a SF that has bad knees, can't really dribble, is inconsistent from deep, and can't rebound? Scoop is a pure PG and could at the worst play a Toney Douglas type role for some team. Scoops proven he can be a pass-first PG who knows how to win and can be a leader; that's valuable.

Eh, there's a reason there isn't a soul that predicts Scoop to be drafted while a lot of mock drafts have KJ getting picked. Joseph is 6'7" with a 6'11" wingspan and some decent skills. Neither will do anything in the NBA anyway though.

Yeah, that absolutely baffled me. There were several (IMO) lesser players taken over RJ in the draft -- and none of them matched his credentials as a double-double machine and defensive player of the year the nation's top conference. He didn't have elite athleticism, but he had a long reach, good timing/was very strong getting position and, as a result, was an excellent rebounder. He also had a serviceable post game (as good as about a half dozen PF's now in the league). Seems like the league blew it on Rick Jackson.

Eh, there's a reason there isn't a soul that predicts Scoop to be drafted while a lot of mock drafts have KJ getting picked. Joseph is 6'7" with a 6'11" wingspan and some decent skills. Neither will do anything in the NBA anyway though.
How many 6'7 SFs with "decent" skills are in this draft? I just think overall Scoop brings more to an NBA team.

How many 6'7 SFs with "decent" skills are in this draft? I just think overall Scoop brings more to an NBA team.

I like Scoop. He was great this year. But KJ is more of an NBA prospect. But like I said, I don't think either will make a splash in the NBA.

I like Scoop. He was great this year. But KJ is more of an NBA prospect. But like I said, I don't think either will make a splash in the NBA.

I agree with jdubs Scoop brings more to a NBA team than Kris Jo, but both are fringe NBA players. Scoop can run pick and role at the NBA level he is just not a NBA athlete (he can barely dunk at 6'-2") Kris Jo has knee concerns and does not have an elite NBA skill to fall back on.

I sure hope he comes to Phoenix , it's only a 20 minute ride from my ranch to a Suns game . I will see the Suns 20 plus times a season if My man Dion is here !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom