Class of 2014 - Goodluck okonoboh | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Goodluck okonoboh

Everyone said Rak was the best rim protector in his class (besides Anthony Davis) and look how his career is turning out. I won't be upset if Okonoboh chooses another school. To me, athletic, long shot blockers with limited offensive skill sets are a dime a dozen among the high school ranks

rak's time on the hill isn't close to being over. he's a sophomore. not really agreeing with your comment. plus, you have to take other factors into play such as how hard they work, how much they are improving, etc.

rak's time on the hill isn't close to being over. he's a sophomore. not really agreeing with your comment. plus, you have to take other factors into play such as how hard they work, how much they are improving, etc.
He will be a junior.

I know he's still got two years left, but most of these centers never develop an offensive game besides put backs and dunks. But when a kid is a 5 star recruit and you've got to work your ass off to out recruit other schools for him, you would kind of hope he has something to his game outside of blocking shots. I actually do think we only need our centers to be good defensively and just catch a few alley-oops here and there (which Okonoboh can do). But I think if we have to put a lot of our time and resources into recruiting him over a guard (like Joseph, Whitehead, or Newton), than that would be a shame because we are a guard oriented team. For example, Pascal Chukwu would be more than serviceable as a rim protector (and I think has higher upside than Okonoboh), but we wouldn't need to try to beat Indiana, Duke, and other elite schools for him.

P.S. I'm one of the few who haven't given up on Rak. I knew a kid who averaged 9.8 points a game his senior year in high school wouldn't light the world on fire offensively. It's all about expectations. I just feel that people here are expecting Okonoboh to be unbelievable, but I see him as another Rakeem, just 15 pounds lighter out of high school

Goodluck.jpg

Hak Warrick approves.

A young Amare Stoudamire eh? Interesting comparison mr. Goodluck
Check out Amare's high school highlights. Goodluck must not know who he really models his game after.

Are our chances gettin better and better with young Goodluck

Wasn't there another kid that went to the pros with amare, in melos class?? I could have swore there was two of them.

Wasn't there another kid that went to the pros with amare, in melos class?? I could have swore there was two of them.
Pretty sure there was a big guy named Deangelo Collins who thought he was all that but got destroyed by Amare in the Mickey D game. He was going to be a big timer but strangely was never the same after that game. As I recall, Amare erased him completely on a dunk attempt and then completely dominated him as he dunked over him. Kid just disappeared and never made a roster in the NBA.

Tom "I've been thinking about you" Crean is watching Goodluck right now.

Well, now whenever someone brings up Tom Crean I immediately picture him crooning some Frank Ocean to recruits. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom