Goodman, "Cuse could be in trouble" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Goodman, "Cuse could be in trouble"

Yes it does, and yes it will. Iowa will end up being a top 50 RPI team. Kenpom has them at 29th. St. Johns will definately be top 100 and probably top 50 RPI as well. They are currently 47 in Kenpom. They have the same team as last year with more expierience. Top 50 and top 100 wins are what get you in the tournament.

Also, Louisiana Tech and Holy Cross aren't exactly the blind, deaf, and dumb. Lousiana Tech should finish in the top 100, and Holy Cross should be borderline. These team's all bring back significant talent and expierience. Also, I don't care if St John's beats the blind, deaf, and dumb by 1 pt because as we saw last year, any school can get in a close game with a significantly less talented opponent.

Long story short, theres other good teams on our non-conference schedule besides Michigan and Villanova.

It isn't worth arguing with him ... same schtick on the football board. UCF wasn't good enough to win a game in the ACC yadda yadda yadda ... I mean they only beat Baylor in a BCS game ... even after UCF wins a BCS bowl and has a really great season he says they aren't all that good ... you are never going to convince him with facts or otherwise.

Espn article by Jeff Goodman who bemoans a bevy of reasons the Cuse may be in trouble and NIT bound.
It's official, we have the first nominee for press a$$hat of the season award.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jef...321/syracuse-could-be-in-trouble?refresh=true

Goodman could be in trouble of his second chin eating the rest of his face...

upload_2014-11-24_15-59-28.png

Those aren't "facts," those are opinions.

For the record, I'm not saying you're opinion is wrong.

I applaud you for pointing out the distinction!

It's just amazing to me how many people see absolutely no distinction, or know difference, between what is a "fact" and what is an "opinion". The word "fact" nowadays is pretty much slang for "take my opinion and shove it up your face". I think we live in age where we have large numbers of brain damaged people who actually think their own opinions are "facts". And at the same time real facts that disagree with their own personal "facts" are considered baseless "opinions". And the most amazing one of all is when I hear someone tell me my opinion is a "lie". That one just amazes me the most. How can anyone's opinion ever be a "lie". What does that mean???? The munging of the words fact with opinion has Edward Bernays, the inventor of "torches of freedom", rolling over in his grave with laughter.

I applaud you for pointing out the distinction!

It's just amazing to me how many people see absolutely no distinction, or know difference, between what is a "fact" and what is an "opinion". The word "fact" nowadays is pretty much slang for "take my opinion and shove it up your face". I think we live in age where we have large numbers of brain damaged people who actually think their own opinions are "facts". And at the same time real facts that disagree with their own personal "facts" are considered baseless "opinions". And the most amazing one of all is when I hear someone tell me my opinion is a "lie". That one just amazes me the most. How can anyone's opinion ever be a "lie". What does that mean???? The munging of the words fact with opinion has Edward Bernays, the inventor of "torches of freedom", rolling over in his grave with laughter.

Now that's just your opinion.

Here are some "FACTS."
  • This team has great athleticism, speed, & skill.
  • They have more talent than most teams they will face this season, albeit young talent.
  • They have a proven Hall Of Fame coach who knows how to prepare his teams for the season
  • They have Boeheim's patented zone defense, which gives them an automatic 7 game average win increase every year.
  • Every one of us on this site is a genius, in some parallel universe. NOT here...

Most? As pointed out above, the article was written prior to the Iowa game. IMO Goodman is not a good sports journalist. I grow tired of how often Syracuse seems to be portrayed with negative connotations by some members of the media. Obviously he can write whatever he wants to write as will others. That's perfectly fine and legit... there are plenty of hats to go around.

I suppose time will tell and I might have to don one of those hats.;) If so, so be it. I'm just fiercely Orange and I don't like reading negative crap about being NIT bound whether the story has merits or not. Especially 3 games into a season on the heels of a very young team experiencing growing pains. Some of what he states is true. I just don't wanna hear it!

Just way too early in the season to make a conclusion like that, this team will get better throughout season, and many times the end result of that is best in the long run. I think most of these guys know less about basketball than many on this board.