Gotta read the story on .com... | Syracusefan.com

Gotta read the story on .com...

Jake

Mod
Where gross recounts the firing of coach p and pelini's subsequent interest.

Gross's take makes it clear that firing p after the bowl game was not his idea.

I guess now that nancy is gone, it's okay for him to tell the story and rightfully throw her under the bus.

Also interesting in that story is that Pellini wanted to come here-Wonder how he would have done

orangepassion said:
Also interesting in that story is that Pellini wanted to come here-Wonder how he would have done

Yep, also confirms my belief that pelini himself was the source of stories linking him to the SU job.

So Gross rejected him based on one game instead of the body of work?

Says it all ...

I guess now that nancy is gone, it's okay for him to tell the story and rightfully throw her under the bus.
His hand was forced. I heard by the BofTs.

Funny that's how I had always heard it went down (albeit from peep friendly with tgd)

That article makes Gross look incompetent in my opinion.

Does not make him or the program look good, that is for sure. One game against a USC juggernaut should not have swayed Gross that is moronic. I would say that even if he hadn't hired a boob like GROB

cuseguy said:
Surprised Gross would even tell that story. Passing over Pelini for GRob isn't a story you should be proud to recall.

He doesn't even tell the whole story. It wasn't GRob over pelini. 3 others got interviewed.

Capt. Tuttle said:
His hand was forced. I heard by the BofTs.

His hand was forced by cantor at the bowl game.

Gross's story doesn't ring true to me. He''s supposed to be a football guy but he sure didn't act like one. It would seem to me that he would check Pellini out before dismissing him because of a bowl game. the whole thing just doesn't ring true.

So what's the whole story? Who were the three interviewed.

Ugh.

Forced to do the wrong thing, and then compounds it by screwing up the hire.

The only thing I didn't know about that was the Pelini stuff. Idiot.

orange79 said:
Edsall, Holtz, and... ?

That was before Marrone hire.

Gross is very good at throwing people under the bus, but talk about lack of self-awareness. Why would you come out and admit that you dismissed Pellini because of one game, yet not talk to Carlson when he's trying to talk about the successes of his tenure?

This live chat today just might end up a train wreck.

So Gross rejected him based on one game instead of the body of work?

Says it all ...
I thought the same thing. You get a call from Pelini expressing interest in coming to SU but reject him immediately because of one game.

The previous day's story made me sick seeing that Gary Gait makes $716,000 to coach women's lacrosse. i guess he must have photos of Gross in a compromising position because there is no other explanation for that kind of salary.