Gottlieb replacing Lindsley on 1260 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb replacing Lindsley on 1260

I am going to catch some heat for this but...

Gottleib is actually really good on radio. He says exactly what he thinks and is much more informed/knowledgable than 99% of the talking heads out there. Syracuse fans just cannot handle when he says something negative about SU. If you actually take the orange glasses off and listen to him, he basically knocks most teams.

Gottleib is actually really good on radio. He says exactly what he thinks and is much more informed/knowledgable than 99% of the talking heads out there. Syracuse fans just cannot handle when he says something negative about SU. If you actually take the orange glasses off and listen to him, he basically knocks most teams.
It's not so much that it's Gottlieb but more that it's another syndicated show. I would really like another local show focusing on SU, Crunch, Chiefs etc. Really not a Gottlieb hater. Never thought I'd say that I miss Axe.

I moved away from central New York a long time ago but I listened to this guy Lindsley's show last week on my phone. Dead air would have been better than his show. How is it possible that in a town with the best communications school in the country that a guy from St. Bonaventure is the best option for a radio show? That station can't find a SU grad that is eager to get on the air?

His show is good but he goes out of his way to rip SU. Sometimes contrives arguments in order to do it.

It's not so much that it's Gottlieb but more that it's another syndicated show. I would really like another local show focusing on SU, Crunch, Chiefs etc. Really not a Gottlieb hater. Never thought I'd say that I miss Axe.

National Sports Show = national stories form a national perspective, a small number of which might be local stories as well but less time will be spent on them and they won't be as accurately reported. You also get a host who has been hired for his "personality".

Local Sports Show: You get local stories galore, reported in depth as well as national stories but with a local perspective. Bud and the Manchild put on a bit of a show but the real sports talk is down to earth and honest. So was Axeman. Lindsley and Plavin had some issues but I'll still take them over Rome and Gottlieb.

The Score calls itself "The Voice of the Central New York Sports Fan" but it isn't any more. :(

I like Gottlieb - he knows his stuff, and can support his opinion

Here is his major problem. When he has decided on something that he initially supports, it takes him a long time to move off that decision if warranted.

Gottleib is 100000x better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Gottlieb usually does a pretty tight show. Much more fun to listen to than the Little Debbie Donuts Guy, or whatever he hawked on his show. It was unlistenable.

Would love to get Tony Kornheiser back on the air. Some people hated him, but his show was unique and entertaining.

I like him when he talks Xs&Os but you can only do so much of that on the radio before the majority of people (casual fan) tunes out. I think he would make for a good podcast that's geared towards diehards (he did a couple w/ Dakich last yr that were 100x more interesting than Katz/Greenberg zzzz). But his macro opinions are basically trolling on fanbases that either care or are bored enough to send hatemail (unfortunately that includes us, which only encourages him more).

I moved away from central New York a long time ago but I listened to this guy Lindsley's show last week on my phone. Dead air would have been better than his show. How is it possible that in a town with the best communications school in the country that a guy from St. Bonaventure is the best option for a radio show? That station can't find a SU grad that is eager to get on the air?

These SU grads have a show on 97.7 that is local and way better than Lindsley's garbage

http://www.9wsyr.com/content/sports/ufr/default.aspx

Does Gottlieb know the weaknesses of the third line for the Vancouver Canucks? I didn't think so.

The ICJ Cookies phonelines are now open for the last time ...have at it.:)

Have Charissa Thompson do a radio show, she can team up with Bonne Bernstein

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom