Great board meltdowns | Syracusefan.com

Great board meltdowns

H

HOFCeluck

I mean this was OK and all, but I wouldn't call it one of the greater meltdowns. Maybe some have lost perspective. I guess multiple seasons in the top ten will do that.

Does anyone have a favorite? Seton Hall in 2011? The Paul Harris brain fart against Pitt? UMASS? UMASS part 2?

I mean this was OK and all, but I wouldn't call it one of the greater meltdowns. Maybe some have lost perspective. I guess multiple seasons in the top ten will do that.

Does anyone have a favorite? Seton Hall in 2011? The Paul Harris brain fart against Pitt? UMASS? UMASS part 2?

Cuse / Marquette, 2011

The Cleveland State loss in 2008

Losing Julius Hodge in 2001.

But the Rose Bowl esque granddaddy of 'em all / biggest meltdown I ever saw on this board came after virginia tech beat us 62-0. Oof...

Last edited:

Paul Harris Pitt game was really bad.
Loss to Butler was probably worse.
Point shaving thing with Scoop was out of hand as well.

The football board has seen its fair share as well.

But the biggest meltdown I ever saw on this board came after virginia tech beat us 62-0. Oof...

You could probably create a new message board to discuss football meltdowns.

I mean, you would have to include the Vermont game in there probably, right?

Oh ya that was a Defcon 3 at least, a lot of less then thrilled people.

I remember the Paul Harris Pittsburgh one because that was one of the few I participated in. Usually I read a few posts and see how it's getting bad. Then I wait awhile for people to vent and come back when people are posting more rationally - even if it's still critically. So I don't think I've gotten the full effect of very many meltdowns.

The loss to Texas A&M, coming as it did right after the BET run and the loss to UVM the prior year, was hellish--both on the board and here in Austin. By the way, I'm a UVM alumnus, and I still haven't forgiven the school. I'm looking at you, CuseFaninVT.

I know of a lot of UT fans who really would have liked to have a chance at us tonight. I keep a large photo of the Royale With Cheese Ivey Teabag Dunk proudly on display around here. My other best ammo against horsey native Texans (I've only been here for 20 years) is to pose this question:

Q: What do you call a Yankee who's been living in Texas for at least six months?

A: BOSS

I wasn't around for it, as I was on the syracuse.com board, but I imagine most of
01-02 probably wasn't fun.

Louisville meltdown, 06-07? @Louisville. Devendorf was playing PG at the time. Terrence Williams was on 'Ville.

Paul Harris Pitt game was really bad.
Loss to Butler was probably worse.
Point shaving thing with Scoop was out of hand as well.

The football board has seen its fair share as well.

It seems to me the football board has been in at least half-meltdown mode for almost three months. It's kind of enjoyable, really.

On here, the point-shaving thing game pretty close to a four-game losing streak, so that really was a pretty deep meltdown.

Our close win in the first round the next year prompted some pretty crazy posts, too. And the week we learned about Mike Carter-Williams and his favorite department store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom