Greatest upset in NCAA history: Hampton vs Iowa State | Syracusefan.com

Greatest upset in NCAA history: Hampton vs Iowa State

And it thinks keep going like they are, they could be on the losing end of another huge upset.

And it thinks going like they are, they could be on the losing end of another huge upset.
Now we just need hampton to beat kentucky and we have a new greatest upset. Iowa State sux.

I remember it well because I had Iowa State going to the final four that year.

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/...ate-the-greatest-upset-in-tournament-history/

That 2001 Iowa St. team was eerily similar to the 1991 Cuse team. Both teams lost their best players (Fizer/Coleman) and weren't expected to do much the next year. Both won surprising regular season conference titles. Both faded down the stretch and lost in the quarterfinals of their respective conference tourneys. Both got 2 seeds and lost in the first round of the NCAA's.

Last edited:
That 2001 Iowa St. team was eerily similar to the 1991 Cuse team. Both teams lost their best players (Fizer/Owens) and weren't expected to do much the next year. Both won surprising regular season conference titles. Both faded down the stretch and lost in the quarterfinals of their respective conference tourneys. Both got 2 seeds and lost in the first round of the NCAA's.

Billy Owens was on the 1991 team.

So did I... And this year I had them going to the Elite Eight. I will never pick them again to win a single game.
A couple years ago I sat right behind Jamaal Tinley's family when he played for the Jazz against the Brooklyn Nets. He's from Brooklyn so his mom was there, his wife, his kids and we were talking to them throughout the game. I kept wanting to say something about that loss to Hampton but I kept my mouth shut. Like some of Syracuse's big losses, I am sure Tinsley and Iowa State wants that game back as well. I had them going two rounds this year and fortunately that was it.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/scores101/101074/101074355.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom