Griffins block | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Griffins block

Totally agree. That could not have been the play that JB drew up in the timeout, i refuse to believe that. I think marek just improvised and boy is he lucky griffin bailed him out with that block. I am still utterly bamboozled that he tried to drive with that much time left on the clock.
Did you guys see the presser? One of the reporters said something to the effect of that couldn't have been the play JB wanted. JB was adamant saying THAT WAS EXACTLY THE PLAY WE WANTED.

Did you guys see the presser? One of the reporters said something to the effect of that couldn't have been the play JB wanted. JB was adamant saying THAT WAS EXACTLY THE PLAY WE WANTED.
Damn really? I didn't see the presser but that is certainly not the play i would have drawn up or expected us to run but I'm not a HOF coach so what do i know. I would have run ISO or pick n roll for Kadary or ISO for AG. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD I HAVE DRIVEN WITH 10 SECONDS LEFT, WE NEED TO RUN THAT DOWN TO AT LEAST 5.

Marek was absolutely fouled , swiped across both forearms. Mballa should have fouled out and marek had foul shots. Watch the replay. TERRIBLE NO CALL

I haven’t seen the replay close enough to know whether or not it was a foul. Watching it live I thought it was probably a foul.

My issue is that he took the ball to the basket with 10 seconds left. By doing that, he allowed too much time for Buffalo to have an opportunity. If he attacks the basket with 5 seconds left, it takes the referees out of the equation because there wouldn’t been enough time left for Buffalo after the no-call.

Damn really? I didn't see the presser but that is certainly not the play i would have drawn up or expected us to run but I'm not a HOF coach so what do i know. I would have run ISO or pick n roll for Kadary or ISO for AG. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD I HAVE DRIVEN WITH 10 SECONDS LEFT, WE NEED TO RUN THAT DOWN TO AT LEAST 5.
Yeah, I had no problem with the play call - I really like that the play was to going to be to the rim against a guy with 4 fouls. We had 3 guys outside the 3 point line (the D was playing those guys straight up, so no help or double was coming) and Q was on the low blocks. Marek was going to get about a 5 foot shot and Q was going to have inside position if there was a rebound. Marke was stripped with 8.5 on the clock. Maybe it was too early, but I like the aggressive take.

Yeah, I had no problem with the play call - I really like that the play was to going to be to the rim against a guy with 4 fouls. We had 3 guys outside the 3 point line (the D was playing those guys straight up, so no help or double was coming) and Q was on the low blocks. Marek was going to get about a 5 foot shot and Q was going to have inside position if there was a rebound. Marke was stripped with 8.5 on the clock. Maybe it was too early, but I like the aggressive take.
Good points, i rewatched the play and while he def drove to early he was setting up a nice left to right spin move into the middle of the paint which was wide open so i think if he executes it would have been a bucket but again you just cant go with that much time left, you gotta make the move with under 6 seconds left which leaves enough time for a kick out jumper or a putback if he doesn't get a shot up.

Love his hustle
Hate his shot selection.
Its like watching 1997 Jason Hart.

One guy shoots 8/14 and everyone is whining about his shot selection .. another guy goes 8/24 and misses all his threes.. but no complaints . The bias here is pretty ridiculous

DC had a few that were epic

Otis Hill had this one block on Tim Thomas in the BET that was beyond epic... I belief Raf referred to him as the Post Master General after that

One guy shoots 8/14 and everyone is whining about his shot selection .. another guy goes 8/24 and misses all his threes.. but no complaints . The bias here is pretty ridiculous
I don't think there is a bias, if you watch the game you can see he takes some real backbreaking momentum killing shots. He took a really quick 3 and missed that led to a bucket and than on the next possession he took a long fade away 2 that led to another bucket. This got him benched, when he returned to the court he reigned it in after that and led us to victory making plays.

I don't think there is a bias, if you watch the game you can see he takes some real backbreaking momentum killing shots. He took a really quick 3 and missed that led to a bucket and than on the next possession he took a long fade away 2 that led to another bucket. This got him benched, when he returned to the court he reigned it in after that and led us to victory making plays.

I’m not saying he’s not guilty of taking bad Shots ... but he isn’t the only one and he’s not shooting 1 out of 3 on TWENTY FOUR shots (that’s about a shot every other minute)

I’m not saying he’s not guilty of taking bad Shots ... but he isn’t the only one and he’s but shooting 1/3
Def not the only one, our shot selection really needs to improve if we are going to reach our full potential which there is a ton of on this team, in particular JG and AG. Buddy took a few bad shots tonight as well but i don't think he is the main culprit compared to the other two.

When you factor circumstance, degree of difficulty and coming off a bad game to put the story behind an SC top play.. absolutely. These kinds of wins and plays are what can really build the roots for a team. A couple rough games but that resulted in wins and now in comes the Irish- a team we know Joe will want to destroy and likely has a good game against.

Did anyone notice that Griffin’s energy completely changed in the second half when Buffalo started woofing (the first instance I noticed was after a blocked shot on a Guerrier attempt). It was like a fire was ignited inside of AG. He was jawing the rest of the game, but played with swagger and passion. Hope he can bottle that up consistently going forward.

The turnaround seemed to come after a discussion with Boeheim mid 2nd half:

From syracuse.com:

“I was trying to tell him to wake up and play basketball,” Jim Boeheim said later when asked what that meeting was all about.

Whatever transpired there, whatever words were spoken, something dramatic happened when play resumed. Griffin, who had scored four points until then and had been a somewhat invisible presence, suddenly emerged as the best player on the Carrier Dome court.
“He was just reminding me of how good a player I am,” Griffin said. “He fired me up. That’s all I can say. He fired me up. It was something I knew I could do inside of myself and he brought it out of me. It was in me to do it. We both knew that. And I don’t know what to say, it played out.”

Which, of course, makes the threads after the Northeastern games about how Boeheim is being a big meanie to AG look even more ridiculous now.

I loved AGs attitude at the free throw line late. Also the shots of him in the huddle late and in Ot. He wants to win and shows so much damn emotion. Love it. He’s the anti Frank Howard.
I don't think we need to go there though, but I get your point.

The turnaround seemed to come after a discussion with Boeheim mid 2nd half:

From syracuse.com:

“I was trying to tell him to wake up and play basketball,” Jim Boeheim said later when asked what that meeting was all about.

Whatever transpired there, whatever words were spoken, something dramatic happened when play resumed. Griffin, who had scored four points until then and had been a somewhat invisible presence, suddenly emerged as the best player on the Carrier Dome court.
“He was just reminding me of how good a player I am,” Griffin said. “He fired me up. That’s all I can say. He fired me up. It was something I knew I could do inside of myself and he brought it out of me. It was in me to do it. We both knew that. And I don’t know what to say, it played out.”

Which, of course, makes the threads after the Northeastern games about how Boeheim is being a big meanie to AG look even more ridiculous now.
JB can’t do that garbage to AG lol right!!!!!

DC had a few that were epic
In the 87 Final Four run, in the s16 game against Florida. Florida was up 5 with like 5 minutes to go, DC came over from the weak side to block a layup, didn't swat it and held onto it, made an outlet to Douglas who hit Triche for a layup and one. Went from a 7 point late deficit to 2 and they took over from there.

Marek was absolutely fouled , swiped across both forearms. Mballa should have fouled out and marek had foul shots. Watch the replay. TERRIBLE NO CALL
In real time it happened too quickly and the refs deepthroat their whistles at the end.

Would have been interesting to see a good replay of the block to see if it was really goaltending.. the kid didnt dunk it so it left his hands as it entered the cylinder.

Would have been interesting to see a good replay of the block to see if it was really goaltending.. the kid didnt dunk it so it left his hands as it entered the cylinder.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom