Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

medium_statue.jpg

Holy crap...that's Roger Staubach

Actually I believe OrangeExtreme is relaying the issues with statue #2. The issue with statue #1 was far more egregious. Statue #2 actually kind of resembles ED probably because the sculptor (who should have been the original sculptor) is the same person who created the wonderful statue of ED down in Elmira. I don't remember the specifics on how sculptor #1 was chosen, but think it was seen as a cost savings.

So there was a rush to finish statue #1 because SU had a game on tv coming up and wanted to do the whole unveiling at half-time with a lot of media in the house. The sculptor allegedly refused to show her work to anyone before it was unveiled. When they removed the covering at half-time - OMG. The statue barely looked human, let alone anything like Ernie Davis. The SUAD then retained the services of sculptor #2 - whose much improved statue had the much lesser issues which OExtreme indicated. Hopefully they have found a hiding place for statue #1 such that it is never seen again.

Rumor is that the first statue is currently roaming around Happy Valley and will intermittently place the Joe Paterno statue in a headlock...

SUOrange44

Bowie vs Bouie. Can't believe no one noticed. Incredible!

Actually I believe OrangeExtreme is relaying the issues with statue #2. The issue with statue #1 was far more egregious. Statue #2 actually kind of resembles ED probably because the sculptor (who should have been the original sculptor) is the same person who created the wonderful statue of ED down in Elmira. I don't remember the specifics on how sculptor #1 was chosen, but think it was seen as a cost savings.

So there was a rush to finish statue #1 because SU had a game on tv coming up and wanted to do the whole unveiling at half-time with a lot of media in the house. The sculptor allegedly refused to show her work to anyone before it was unveiled. When they removed the covering at half-time - OMG. The statue barely looked human, let alone anything like Ernie Davis. The SUAD then retained the services of sculptor #2 - whose much improved statue had the much lesser issues which OExtreme indicated. Hopefully they have found a hiding place for statue #1 such that it is never seen again.
OE worked for many years to have his beloved ED honored with a statue. He was his hero and couldn't believe something more had not been done. From the beginning OE wanted Bruno to build the statue. He is a world wide renowned artist and had made the beautiful statue of ED at his high school. Through his grit and never give up tenacity, the project became a reality only to have his efforts taken in a different direction. Only after the first statue did everyone finally go with OE's original plan to use Bruno. There were other gaffs made but eventually the beautiful statue we all love stands tall in the quad. If things like the statue and jerseys were left to be completed by competent, passionate people like OE, dare I say myself, and many others on the board, these mistakes could've been avoided. I hope I have not said too much but today's incident brought back a lot of unfortunate memories. In the end these things will be resolved but were unnecessary. I love Syracuse and know we can do better.

OE worked for many years to have his beloved ED honored with a statue. He was his hero and couldn't believe something more had not been done. From the beginning OE wanted Bruno to build the statue. He is a world wide renowned artist and had made the beautiful statue of ED at his high school. Through his grit and never give up tenacity, the project became a reality only to have his efforts taken in a different direction. Only after the first statue did everyone finally go with OE's original plan to use Bruno. There were other gaffs made but eventually the beautiful statue we all love stands tall in the quad. If things like the statue and jerseys were left to be completed by competent, passionate people like OE, dare I say myself, and many others on the board, these mistakes could've been avoided. I hope I have not said too much but today's incident brought back a lot of unfortunate memories. In the end these things will be resolved but were unnecessary. I love Syracuse and know we can do better.
OrangeOnions... your Dad was the absolute best. We miss him here every day.

If only we had a commemorative t-shirt noting this commemorative jersey retirement...

gross and his wife need to move on. total incompetence, and national embarrassment over something that was meant to honor past players. daryl is a tool, just get lost dude.

Actually the more I look at it, the more I love it. Now I see a little joe Biden in the head area to go with steve sabol. Did Ernie look like them? I assume he did.
You know - I'm now seeing John McEnroe.

In fairness he did play the dome.

If I'm Billy Joel, I'm beyond petrified at this point.

"It's Billy Joel, not Billy Joe, he's the guy from Green Day!"
Just kill two birds with one stone. Billy Joel Edelin. "Don't believe the hype, just play the music".

Met Bruno and his wife last year in Scottsdale. He was doing an art lecture and some of us SU alums went to it. Nice guy.

I also thought about JB today and how he must have felt. I was going to ask if anyone brought it up at the press conference after the game. That would have been a fun question.

Also I keep thinking about this and the under inflated balls in New England. Similarities in the way it is being handled. Evasively and immediately bringing blame to the lowest possible person on the totem pole.

Excellent. It is time to start a third thread too...everybody loves a trilogy! :eat popcorn:

Another great moment in the TGD administration, locking Gait in at a premium assuming Desko was going to flame out.

Desko proceeds to win two straight NC's and gives Gross a dbl barreled FU.

Okay...it's baaaaaaack.

Did Doc do something else to cement your thoughts and bring it back?

I just got a queasy feeling about the NCAA stuff

Another great moment in the TGD administration, locking Gait in at a premium assuming Desko was going to flame out.

Desko proceeds to win two straight NC's and gives Gross a dbl barreled FU.
And not looking too bad this year, either.

I once fired someone for something similar.

When I was at Con Edison, we were kicking off some consumer-oriented program with full-page ads in the NYC papers. The writer of the ad ignored my ironclad rule... and did not check it before it went to press. The phone number in the ad -- rather than being a Con Ed number -- was the number of the Iranian consulate in NYC. Worse than that, the ad ran the day after the Iranians had taken over the US embassy in Tehran.

So, suddenly, the Iranian consulate was getting all these phones meant for Con Edison. And they considered this an act of aggression and said we were part of some US plot. So the next thing I wrote, was an apology to the Iranians.

The writer who failed to check the phone number (by calling it, as per standard instructions)... was unemployed the very next day.

Sounds like that was a pretty awesome week in the Life of Joyce. I would have instantly canned that fool, too.

Very happy you and Salman Rushdie have survived your respective fatāwā all these years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom