Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

Gisante needed to say it was his fault and he should have caught it, if it was his department. What.

Essentially said it was his subordinates fault that should never have been made.

Does anyone up there have a set of balls?

Mistakes happen, but why present them today? You have the correct one hanging from the rafters. Make today about the unveiling and leave the framed ones at Manley to be delivered later. But why be so inflexible as to present the Nersey with the wrong name on it?

We are in the ACC because of Dr. Gross' skill and forward thinking. If we had a bad AD we could be in the American with UConn right now.

We are in the ACC because John Swofford has wanted us in his league since 2003. That's why.

We are in the ACC because of Dr. Gross' skill and forward thinking. If we had a bad AD we could be in the American with UConn right now.

We are in the ACC because somebody had to be, and SU was the best all sports program available in the east. Thank JB, Mac, P, Marrone and Shafer, Simmons and Desko.

I have a feeling TGD was along for the ride to a large extent.

Joe G. would very much like to remind everyone that the jersey they hung in the rafters was spelled correctly. So SUAD is 1 of 2, which is a .500 batting average. Those are Hall of Fame stats, baby!

Yes. He mentioned that about 5 times that it was just a gift that was messed up...and hey why should anyone at SU check besides the intern who picked it up at the framing place?

You want to know why Gross needs to go- he hires guys like this and pays them ~200k to do nothing.

From Giansante:
Giansante said the school had one employee in charge of ordering the jersey and picking it up, and that no one else from the athletic department looked at it before the ceremony began.

That just smacks of organizational incompetence.

But I think it's much worse. It's a lack of institutional memory. It's a failure to know SU tradition.

It's anything but a "typo".

Not impressed with his response to "should it have been double-checked": We didn't think it was something that required fact checking.

Unless they left out his acknowledgement of how stupid not checking it was in hindsight, he's bad at ceremonies, organizational improvement, and damage control. Not good for a communications director.

Says it was one individual's who made the error, and no one checked it. BUT, they're a team, so no one individual is at fault. Guy would have a great career as a politician.

One person picked up, framed, packaged, stored, transported, delivered and presented the jersey, per SUAD. That's the most bullsh!t thing I ever heard.

And don't forget, actually sewed the name onto the jersey.

We are in the ACC because somebody had to be, and SU was the best all sports program available in the east. Thank JB, Mac, P, Marrone and Shafer, Simmons and Desko.

I have a feeling TGD was along for the ride to a large extent.

Wow...the guy has his faults and today was an utter embarrassment, but give the guy some credit for the ACC stuff.

The Athletic Director was hardly just along for the ride.

That said, June 30th is the fiscal year end at Syracuse University. For several reasons, it would seem for a public perspective that Gross seeing the LSU football game in the Dome is becoming less and less likely.

I once fired someone for something similar.

When I was at Con Edison, we were kicking off some consumer-oriented program with full-page ads in the NYC papers. The writer of the ad ignored my ironclad rule... and did not check it before it went to press. The phone number in the ad -- rather than being a Con Ed number -- was the number of the Iranian consulate in NYC. Worse than that, the ad appear the day after the Iranians took over the US embassy in Tehran.

So, suddenly, the Iranian consulate was getting all these phones meant for Con Edison. And they considered this an act of aggression and said we were part of some US plot. So the next thing I wrote, was an apology to the Iranians.

The writer who failed to check the phone number (by calling it, as per standard instructions)... was unemployed the very next day.

that's awesome because its true
images

i didn't read this whole thread (still laughing hard over the random truth of cto's post)

there are a number of reasons to both keep and move on from the good Doc. if they decide to part ways, which would probably if after the NCAAhole report comes out, this will be one of the reasons. It's hardly the end of the world, but it is an embarrassing and very public .

She had an office when my wife worked there about five years ago. Not sure why it would have changed.

She didn't have one as of 2-3 years ago...but it's been a while since someone mentioned that to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom