Hafley leaving BC for NFL | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Hafley leaving BC for NFL

Any CBs worth looking at on the BC roster? Other than OL I think a quality vet CB is our next most important pickup.

I would take 3 mil over 550K all day every day as would almost anybody
Once you pay your taxes and buy a nice home, you’re not sounding so obvious anymore. And that’s not to even mention the cost of everything else being higher in the city

Southwest Virginia is awesome too. Lots of land, blue ridge mountains, great hunting, fishing, ocean nearby. Close to major airports and I-81
There is an ocean nearby? And I think you need to fly to any major airports. That said I am not saying it is not a nice place to hang your hat.

Seems like half the small super fan base wanted him fired. The other half forgot they played football.

Not surprised he left the way he did based on his performance. He coached scared.

He probably was thinking of the adage its easier to find a job when you have a job. Realistically he probably looked at the roster, figured he was getting canned at the end of the season - and there was no way he'd get a job as good as NFL DC after that.

As soon as this thought, I checked out Youtube because I wanted to see Tom Grassi's reaction. It was great, basically "I don't know how to react because I have no idea who this guy is."

IMG_9562.jpeg

The bigger surprise to me is that the Packers hired him. They are in the mix with breaks to be a factor for the future. What has this guy done to earn this shot?
he's good buddies with the head coach

The bigger surprise to me is that the Packers hired him. They are in the mix with breaks to be a factor for the future. What has this guy done to earn this shot?

Pretty much everyone trying to justify the hire is pointing to the improvement in the Ohio State defense in 2019 when he was the co-DC. Plus he's got a decent amount of experience in the NFL as a DB coach.

There is an ocean nearby? And I think you need to fly to any major airports. That said I am not saying it is not a nice place to hang your hat.
3.5 hour drive to Virginia Beach, 2 hours to Reagan airport

Agreed. I understand that the NFL is the pinnacle of American football but I don’t see leaving a power conference HC job to become a coordinator in the NFL.
In terms of the hierarchy of Major Conference CFB, BC is near the very bottom because it has NO fans and is located in a region that cares almost zilch about top level CFB. The Packers franchise is one of the most storied in NFL history.

Hafley just took a massive step up.

Chesney has to be absolutely furious. That’s crazy turn of events right there.
Only if his vision is so limited that he assumes being at BC is perfection for him or anyone else in CFB. Being in VA will allow him to get to know a whole bunch coaches in the southeast, and many winkle like him and then be happy to steer players his way. That will help him land a job next at a UVA or VT or UNC or NCSU or Maryland or WVU, etc.

Chesney has guys and staff that followed him from Worcester to Harrisonburg. Asking everyone to turn around is not feasible. And that isn’t even mentioning the buyout, which is sure to be huge in year 1 of a contract. Cmon now

Most of these guys are going to move every few years anyway or less. It’s how the game is played if you’re a coach. This wouldn’t be new and most of them would be more than happy to leave to coach at a program more likely to help accelerate their career. I mean, come on, do you even pay attention to this stuff. This normal coaching stuff for 10+ years now.

Most of these guys are going to move every few years anyway or less. It’s how the game is played if you’re a coach. This wouldn’t be new and most of them would be more than happy to leave to coach at a program more likely to help accelerate their career. I mean, come on, do you even pay attention to this stuff. This normal coaching stuff for 10+ years now.
The only way it makes sense is if the wife stayed back with the kids to finish the school year and they haven’t sold the Mass homes yet (which might actually be somewhat standard, I think the Becks are doing this).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom